Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427231 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16905 on: May 24, 2012, 02:30:24 pm »

I thought Anvil made your world height 255 or something D:

My world stops at 128...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16906 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:31 pm »

I thought Anvil made your world height 255 or something D:

My world stops at 128...

From surface? Or from beddrock?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16907 on: May 24, 2012, 02:34:57 pm »

Absolute altitude 128? With Technic's minimap.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #16908 on: May 24, 2012, 03:26:36 pm »

Recommended version of Technic uses Minecraft 1.1; before the anvil format. :P

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16909 on: May 24, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »

What?!

... So that's why I couldn't make iron golems! >:-I

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16910 on: May 24, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »

So i am playing latest snapshot, alrge biomes setting, been running a survival log for 5 days when i finally found a 3 building desert village right next to a well.
When i got the stuff for that i will trade with them for their shiny EMERULDZ
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16911 on: May 24, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »

So basically it's Millenaire.

Eh, it's sorta of a feature that blends with Vanilla, where that mod does that for its own mechanics. Different purposes.

I was going to post my suspicions earlier but I didn't. Now that someone has posted a video, I can see that those suspicions were correct.

Even when using great ideas from modders, Mojang manages to mess it up slightly. The enderchest mod is leagues better.
Months ago there was a suggestion on Reddit to have a chest that can be accessed by any other chest of the same chest in the map/server, possibly using the strange teleportation powers of endermen/pearls. Somebody on Reddit took this idea and made a mod that included a bunch of extra crap.

This month Jeb said he would add an item that was suggested within a specific time period on reddit. The suggestion for a chest that shares an inventory was one of them.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16912 on: May 24, 2012, 06:25:38 pm »

So basically it's Millenaire.

Eh, it's sorta of a feature that blends with Vanilla, where that mod does that for its own mechanics. Different purposes.

I was going to post my suspicions earlier but I didn't. Now that someone has posted a video, I can see that those suspicions were correct.

Even when using great ideas from modders, Mojang manages to mess it up slightly. The enderchest mod is leagues better.
Months ago there was a suggestion on Reddit to have a chest that can be accessed by any other chest of the same chest in the map/server, possibly using the strange teleportation powers of endermen/pearls. Somebody on Reddit took this idea and made a mod that included a bunch of extra crap.

This month Jeb said he would add an item that was suggested within a specific time period on reddit. The suggestion for a chest that shares an inventory was one of them.

Months ago there were these mods that made chests that shared contents with other chests. Many someones saw it on the minecraft forum and some of those likely had access to reddit on this weird thing called the "Internet".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16913 on: May 24, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »

I... don't know why you are trying to use that tactic?
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16914 on: May 24, 2012, 06:34:51 pm »

I... don't know why you are trying to use that tactic?
What?!

... So that's why I couldn't make iron golems! >:-I

Tabitha was cool, but Penny is better.

Just saying.

I have no idea what you are talking about. >.>
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16915 on: May 24, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »

Nonono not you, you're cool Skyrunner keep doing your thang

BigD145 seems to want to imply that I didn't think about stuff through enough while being minorly rude. To which I say: I considered it, but I dismissed it. The concept of chests with shared contents is not a distinct enough idea that one can say it's copied or ripped off. I am simply stating the specific mechanics of why it was added, being isolated from whatever crap the minecraft forums guys do.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16916 on: May 24, 2012, 06:51:47 pm »

Don't care about drama, I now effectively have a second inventory I can take with me when I go diamond mining, one which means I'll never lose my loot or diamond pickaxe ever again. Also, I can theoretically turn all that rotten meat from zombies into something useful, like iron.

Also, sandstone stairs.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16917 on: May 24, 2012, 08:25:03 pm »

Sandstone stairs?

FINALLY, more implements for arabian-esque construction!
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16918 on: May 25, 2012, 12:23:33 am »

Dude, I love Arabian-esque construction. I'm just sad because there's sandstone, and sandstone. Needs more desert-themed blocks.

Actually wait no don't listen to me
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Fiskav

« Reply #16919 on: May 25, 2012, 12:42:06 am »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:49:24 am by Fiskav »
Pages: 1 ... 1126 1127 [1128] 1129 1130 ... 1380