Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426857 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16665 on: May 07, 2012, 08:56:23 am »

Grass blocks are awesome. They're like, so grassy... also sheep like them. Sheep are cool and stuff.

I like buttons. The main menu has them, so I like that too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16666 on: May 07, 2012, 09:04:59 am »

Grass blocks are awesome. They're like, so grassy... also sheep like them. Sheep are cool and stuff.

I like buttons. The main menu has them, so I like that too.
Anyone else ever put a button next to an iron door then later been running from zombies and skeletons and hit the button to get in only to miss and then the door closes and you're like OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE then you die and realize you didn't write down the coordinates to your house and you kept putting off making a bed and where the hell is your house and hey I kind of recognize that ravine maybe it's over this way oh crap it's still night and zombies everywhere oh god I died again fuck this game!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16667 on: May 07, 2012, 09:06:20 am »

I never go outside at night. Too afraid.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16668 on: May 07, 2012, 09:11:47 am »

My general answer to the night is torches everywhere. I don't go to overboard normally in my lets plays as its more FUN to have the night be dark when ever I do have to go out but in the single player games I have done on my own I tend to quickly start a grid pattern centering on my house. I think my best so far has been an optimally placed grid of torches stretching over 100 blocks in every direction.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16669 on: May 07, 2012, 10:12:06 am »

When I'm setting up a house, my first order of business is to clear away any trees in the area. The last thing you want is for monsters to have a place to hide from the sun, or worse (if tree cover is thick enough), creepers spawning in the middle of the day, unnoticed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16670 on: May 07, 2012, 10:15:45 am »

When I'm setting up a house, my first order of business is to clear away any trees in the area. The last thing you want is for monsters to have a place to hide from the sun, or worse (if tree cover is thick enough), creepers spawning in the middle of the day, unnoticed.
Or a fire spreading from a hidden lava source. I've actually had my house burn down in a forest fire because I didn't know the lava pit was there and I was out mining.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16671 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:23 am »

I normally don't have problems with trees and such as I prefer to build my house in the plains. It has a lot of open space so I can see my house from a ways off and it is generally flattish.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16672 on: May 07, 2012, 10:27:30 am »

I once had a world where I built an entire network of houses, spreading out in all directions and marked with beacons for navigation (this was before maps were added). Each house was slightly different as well; I had a stone castle with a lava lake view as my main building, a fishing hut on the ocean made of cobble with a brick fireplace for cooking, an igloo made of snow blocks in a tundra, various mineshafts, a secret underground bunker for the nether portal, etc. Sadly, it was lost when Minecraft stopped working on the computer it was on.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16673 on: May 07, 2012, 01:11:16 pm »

That sounds a lot like my current world. I have five houses- a cave in the mountains by spawn, a tower in the desert to the north, a sprawling plantation with a skeleton factory, a dockhouse in the jungle, and the beginnings of a temple in the mountains above the stronghold. I've put more time into this world than any other.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16674 on: May 07, 2012, 01:13:52 pm »

I'm planning to do something like that in my LP as well - I have a mining/resource base right now, I want to add a military complex, an apartment complex (for one person :P) and maybe a few megaprojects. Time to put that Railcraft to use!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16675 on: May 07, 2012, 01:32:03 pm »

I have always wanted to keep working on a single world, but I just cant.

I weirdly start to despise any older worlds. The more haphazardly I have built, the worse it gets. Mines are the worst on that end. At some point while going through a convoluted mine, I just go "screw this" and nuke the world. The only way to prevent this is to dig in a predetermined pattern, seal off every breached cave with smoothstone and pretend caves dont exist. And if I have built a house of wood, at some point, I will want to torch the darn thing cause I dont like the texture.

Interestingly minecraft is the only game where that happens. I am far less ocd elsewhere.

EDIT: I just realized that I actually am just as ocd in other places. In strategy games I always turtle, research, and improve my economy. But if something gets in the way of my construction, then I dedicate all resources to wiping it out. And return to my turtling again afterwards. If I screw up my economy myself, then I just quit and try again.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:51:19 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16676 on: May 07, 2012, 02:04:16 pm »

Over half my deaths are due to "I can take this enderman." -> *gets shot by a skeleton while trying to chase the enderman down*
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16677 on: May 07, 2012, 03:38:25 pm »

The biggest problem I encounter with endermen is how sometimes when you hit them they telederp underground and forget about you. Almost all of my deaths are from Blazes. For some reason I am terrible at dodging their fireballs.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16678 on: May 07, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »

I have never met a single blaze ever.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16679 on: May 07, 2012, 04:18:00 pm »

Their fireballs aren't meant to be dodged. You are just suppose to drink a potion of fire resistance and own them. It even lets you swim in lava XD

Fire resistant armor works too.
Pages: 1 ... 1110 1111 [1112] 1113 1114 ... 1380