Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426815 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16620 on: April 30, 2012, 05:28:19 pm »

I can host a basic server if no-one else will. I do have the following : port-forwarding (probably), therefore no Hamachi. Some prior experience with Bukkit. Having read the whole three books. An Eastern time zone. Decent internetz. No bandwidth cap that I know of >.>...

The sad thing is I can't actually play for most of the time, just host.

So, I'm like the reserve-reserve-reserve server hosting person, for when no-one else can do it.

EDIT : Oh my, why did I post here D: Now this thread is going to haunt me for all eternity!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:31:15 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16621 on: April 30, 2012, 05:29:05 pm »

I've been watching the Minecraft: Hunger Games videos, and got an idea. Why don't we host a Bay 12 Hunger games challenge?
My brain came up with a few reasons why that would be a bad idea, but none of them were very good reasons.  Sounds rather fun if you ask me, though you'd need to give it some pretty firm boundaries.  Like, go more than 500 in any direction from the spawn, and you explode.  Also I'm not really sure how to keep people from hiding in the dirt.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16622 on: April 30, 2012, 05:32:28 pm »

I've been watching the Minecraft: Hunger Games videos, and got an idea. Why don't we host a Bay 12 Hunger games challenge?
My brain came up with a few reasons why that would be a bad idea, but none of them were very good reasons.  Sounds rather fun if you ask me, though you'd need to give it some pretty firm boundaries.  Like, go more than 500 in any direction from the spawn, and you explode.  Also I'm not really sure how to keep people from hiding in the dirt.

Plugins can take care of the 500 ft thing (unable to go further than x number of blocks from spawn...), and a plugin that sets two spawns (one the 'natural' spawn, the other the one you go to when you die)...

As for the hiding in the dirt thing, like you see in the video we need a large force of mods to ensure the rules are being kept.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16623 on: April 30, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »

Exkirby and some other guy tried that once. It didn't go well. Obnoxiousness and accusations of cheating ensued and ruined the mood of the entire game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:56:26 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16624 on: April 30, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »

well, I tried a B12 timelapse, it kind of fluttered, then crashed.

then burned.

Flailed it's limbs a little.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16625 on: May 01, 2012, 12:16:05 am »

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #16626 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:37 am »

No no, just hold out for the hard mode one. Nine items (perhaps stacks of items?) are required to unlock each chest, and it's apparently intended for 4+ player coop.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16627 on: May 01, 2012, 01:30:46 am »

That was awesome ! Well except the part where too many things were spawned. A little is good, but at some point it was just ruining the whole thing.

Anyway i hope i can someday take part in something like that, as long as it's with mature people.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:37:49 am by Sirian »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16628 on: May 01, 2012, 01:53:42 pm »

N@W had a couple rounds of Hunger Games recently.

Went pretty well, all in all. Turns out having two minutes for people to get away from spawn before PVP is legal actually makes the game more fun.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16629 on: May 01, 2012, 02:33:37 pm »

That was actually done last weekend, or the week before, on Aklyon's server. Shenanigans occurred because one guy was cheating. Other than that it was quite fun.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #16630 on: May 01, 2012, 02:49:12 pm »

I'd be interested in playing a no-holds-barred, 5-minute warmup hunger game. As it was, it devolved into one guy with a sword winning immediately while everyone else was either hiding in the woods totally unarmed, or else neck deep in a chest.

If you had a minute to get away from spawn, if you could make your own tools, if you could hide for a bit before combat started, if you could set up interesting traps, then it would be pretty good.

I would also encourage players to have mobs spawn. More gunpowder and more arrows just sounds like a good idea.

Going the other direction, I'd like to see a game where everyone gets "X" TNT and a lighter, with no other tools or items being allowed. Maybe have it on a fixed area of terrain, too. It'd be fast and chaotic, ideal for multiple rounds. Then you could average out scores for the final winner.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16631 on: May 01, 2012, 03:04:54 pm »

I'd just like to play rounds with the Bomberman plugin :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16632 on: May 01, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »

Speaking from my experiences at the lyoncraft hunger games. If you want it to go well, I recommend you include not being obnoxious in the rules. And give the dead people something to do that won't allow them to influence the game
It's FEF, not FEOF

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16633 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:54 pm »

I'd just like to play rounds with the Bomberman plugin :D

Bomberman plugin? Minecraft Marathon just made a Bomberman arena, no plugins.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16634 on: May 01, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »

Speaking from my experiences at the lyoncraft hunger games. If you want it to go well, I recommend you include not being obnoxious in the rules. And give the dead people something to do that won't allow them to influence the game
I also recommend you have an admin with a hacked client that can see where everybody is and what their doing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 1107 1108 [1109] 1110 1111 ... 1380