Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2418712 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15930 on: March 04, 2012, 02:35:16 pm »

I usually just spend my EXP on a junk enchant then use Singleplayer Commands to remove it and give my item the enchant I want.
Cheater.
I use CheatPack to do the enchanting XD
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15931 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:41 pm »

I enchant to see what random goodie I get. I don't expect to be able to get 50 levels unless I defeat the enderdragon or just spend way too much time killing things. If I get Bane of Arthropods II, then whooo fuck spiders.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15932 on: March 04, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »

Honestly at level 50 I don't spend it on swords or armor. Tools are the what I use it on, specifically the pickaxe. Fortune and the one that makes it last longer are the way to go unless you plan on mining a ton of obsidian then that efficiency stuff is fine too. Silk Touch is something you should get once then only use when needed.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15933 on: March 04, 2012, 02:44:39 pm »

You've clearly not met the pirates yet then :P

* The Merchant Of Menace has a fully enchanted suit of diamond armour, still dies in like, 5 hits.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15934 on: March 04, 2012, 03:21:31 pm »

Oh man I found this on Reddit.

Dude believes the game is shit and the only thing saving it is the community.

This should be entertaining to watch.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15935 on: March 04, 2012, 03:23:22 pm »

Wait, shit, I'm pretty sure this trolling.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #15936 on: March 04, 2012, 03:51:01 pm »

I like Minecraft but agree with some of his points. The crafting is fairly unintuitive and I remember Notch saying the same. The art is also shaky in places and again Notch did consider replacing it with the painterly pack, if I remember correctly. I'd also say a lot of the players agree that the base game has problems given how many like to use mods and texture packs.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15937 on: March 04, 2012, 03:56:35 pm »

I will say there are a number of things with base Minecraft that make it not so keen. Of course as time has gone on it has improved quite a bit. There is one thing though which I think is really holding it back. That is modding support, as in the almost complete lack of it. Just including say something like Modloader or whatever butchered remains of it they can glue in would help Modders.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15938 on: March 04, 2012, 03:57:32 pm »

I cannot agree with anything involving the idea of the community being something redeemable.

And ragging on this artistic decision. I honestly prefer pixel stuff to the more modern flash vector stuff indie titles are using, like World of Goo.

And if he applies the guide dang it stuff to La Mulana then I'll flail the dude.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15939 on: March 04, 2012, 03:58:13 pm »

a nice solution would be a sort of semi visible crafting help on the stuff you have. or you have in crosshair.
kind of like if your X is on the stone thing, you press a button like terminator-sight and you get what you can Immediately use that thing for.
and it should also count on what you have in chests AND, for those who want it far easier, scan the surrounding area for the missing materials and point them out.
it could be a craftable object.
like an eye scanning device instead of an helm.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15940 on: March 04, 2012, 04:01:57 pm »

I cannot agree with anything involving the idea of the community being something redeemable.

And ragging on this artistic decision. I honestly prefer pixel stuff to the more modern flash vector stuff indie titles are using, like World of Goo.

And if he applies the guide dang it stuff to La Mulana then I'll flail the dude.
   I like the art too but its quite...   well honestly at this point it is too pixely. My solution as of recenlty has been the Faithful 32x32 texture pack which while keeping the feel and look of the original art it upgrades it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15941 on: March 04, 2012, 04:02:40 pm »

Refitting the achievements system to reveal all the recipes seems the best course of action to me. Gives the players things to do while showing them more things to do. Just need to make sure the cheevos are not bugged.

And ain't nobody taking my 16x packs.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15942 on: March 04, 2012, 04:05:26 pm »

I like the original style far more than any texture packs as well. They just look nice and clean.
*Hugs*

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #15943 on: March 04, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

Even for pixely stuff it's not exactly high quality. His choice of colour is off in places and the way certain things have been done is lazy from a technical standpoint. Don't get me wrong I dig the original graphics but the guy isn't completely wrong.

Akhier the Dragon hearted: Glad you like the pack. I've spent more time than is healthy working on it. Just got my Dropbox links cut off again because I broke the 10gig per 24 hour limit again today.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15944 on: March 04, 2012, 04:09:05 pm »

Yes it is a great pack and thank you for all the hard work you do on it. Truly a lovely bit of art.
Pages: 1 ... 1061 1062 [1063] 1064 1065 ... 1380