Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2418914 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15885 on: March 01, 2012, 01:06:04 pm »

Redstone lamps apparently.
* The Merchant Of Menace examines them
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15886 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:00 pm »

Toady didn't release nightly to a wide audience, didn't slap a 'it is done' label on the program and doesn't profit on sales. Just saying.
Just saying a bunch of stuff nobody really takes seriously anyway.

And Anvil should have the increased BlockID limit. The limit increase wasn't mentioned in the release notes I've seen, so they should still be in there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15887 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:29 pm »

*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15888 on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:07 pm »

Toady didn't release nightly to a wide audience, didn't slap a 'it is done' label on the program and doesn't profit on sales. Just saying.
Just saying a bunch of stuff nobody really takes seriously anyway.

Sorry if I offended your personal hero mojang: no need to get all uppty about it.

Still, minecraft grossed million$, so I can't understand the anything goes attitude from developers, like they care nothing about their cash cow.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15889 on: March 01, 2012, 04:19:45 pm »

God damn it. The update is not bad in any form, but I had just found an AWSOME seed on a different computer, and I wanted to make another world in it. What I wasn't counting on was the minecraft update shafting all the seeds again.

It was a pretty awsome place for a town too. It was like this little grove in the middle of a few very short mountains, and a ravine going into it. It was awsome.

... And now its lost forever  :'(
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #15890 on: March 01, 2012, 04:50:32 pm »

The update, and the updating of Java, has not fixed the fact that Minecraft blackscreens after I log in. (Or whitescreens in the case of the in-browser version.)

D: D: D:

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #15891 on: March 01, 2012, 05:12:50 pm »

hrrmm... I want to join a server, but I can't due to MC forums being a dick to me, and I want a 24/7 server. I like kaels, but he appears to have...

disappeared...
Yeah. More D:-ness. And AK doesn't want to host that much anymore and... yeah....

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15892 on: March 01, 2012, 05:51:37 pm »

Double map height is definitely my favorite part of this update. I just broke the old barrier by ~30 blocks or so, and even that much difference gives me vertigo when I look up at it from the ground. I might try making an all-vertical adventure map now...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15893 on: March 01, 2012, 05:52:00 pm »

Sorry if I offended your personal hero mojang: no need to get all uppty about it.

Woah woah woah! All sorts of messages and confusing statements and unwanted implications are happening now. I get the feeling that we are just not reading eachother right.

I'm simply annoyed aver some detail I find unimportant is being judged as a hugely major problem. Like somebody throwing balloons filled with blood at the White House because out space program has not put a guy on Mars yet, like they don't even care about this giant expensive space program they have. It's not a big deal bro. Things are totally different than a shallow look from the outside, they always are.

Any attitude I have is more negativity towards communities in general than any specific developer. I've seen us be a horrible influence on so many projects, including Minecraft, that I have to examine the attitude people take towards a thing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15894 on: March 01, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

hrrmm... I want to join a server, but I can't due to MC forums being a dick to me, and I want a 24/7 server. I like kaels, but he appears to have...

disappeared...
Yeah. More D:-ness. And AK doesn't want to host that much anymore and... yeah....
The creeps comic has a server, it's been down all day for updates, but it's normally 24/7.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15895 on: March 01, 2012, 08:20:19 pm »

Planehacked is back up, if you like vanilla. Running 1.2.2 :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #15896 on: March 02, 2012, 12:34:49 am »

God damn it. The update is not bad in any form, but I had just found an AWSOME seed on a different computer, and I wanted to make another world in it. What I wasn't counting on was the minecraft update shafting all the seeds again.

It was a pretty awsome place for a town too. It was like this little grove in the middle of a few very short mountains, and a ravine going into it. It was awsome.

... And now its lost forever  :'(
Do you still have a backup of the old version (helps to uncheck the auto-update on login) anywhere? All might not be lost.

EDIT:
May somewhat be against the rules, but I haven't updated since the most recent official version (1.1), so I might be able to lend a hand otherwise.

EDIT EDIT:
Alternatively, I can always load up the seed, explore a fair bit, and then send you a copy of the map, although the exploring of such a world was why I offer an older version in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:44:35 am by Itnetlolor »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15897 on: March 02, 2012, 01:27:26 am »

I personally just keep a vanilla copy of each version that I actually play for any good amount of time. I currently have 1.7.3, 1.8.1, 1.0.0, 1.1.0, and 1.2.2(by virtue of it being the current one) though I actually have the first 2 numbered as 0.1.7.3 and 0.1.8.1 as it messed up the numbering system before I did that *grumble*stupid restart of the numbering system*grumble*.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15898 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:58 am »

I have gained a lot of respect for Notch. He's earned $3m in dividends from Mojang and distributed it all between the rest of the staff. Just over $100k each. Such generosity is rare in today's world.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15899 on: March 02, 2012, 02:30:00 pm »

Argleblargle?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:32:15 pm by Darvi »
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 1380