Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419266 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15780 on: February 26, 2012, 02:49:44 pm »

Was it a stone pickaxe?
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15781 on: February 26, 2012, 03:07:12 pm »

diamond pickaxe

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: February 26, 2012, 03:14:20 pm »

Huh, guess it's a bug then. I know engines require at least stone pickaxes to pick up.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: February 26, 2012, 03:17:19 pm »

Huh, guess it's a bug then. I know engines require at least stone pickaxes to pick up.

used a stone pickaxe and it worked.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: February 26, 2012, 03:22:07 pm »

i have completed my automatic exp grinder. it cost me 3.592.696 EMC for the core components i just stood in the nether and after about 45 minutes i was max level :P

(portal gun can pick up spawners - how broken is that?)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: February 26, 2012, 03:22:16 pm »

That's just derpy as hell then.
*Hugs*

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15786 on: February 26, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »

5. Technic should not need its own launcher. I respect the maker's ability to get all these mods working together, but making me use his own launcher that uses files completely separate from vanilla minecraft is going too far.
While the others are matters of opinion, this one I can comment on: That launcher is extremely useful. Automatic updates, ability to switch activated mods, instant switch between it and vanilla... That thing is awesome, and you can always just delete the vanilla files. It also makes it much easier to distribute so many mods legally, without giving out minecraft's code.
(Also, you can disable the TMI stuff by hitting 'o' in the inventory. Well, hide it. It's already been explained how to shut it off.)

I think the launcher might also be an attempt to limit some of the pirate players. It seems to me you need a legit, paid-for Minecraft account before it'll download the Technic files. It is probably fairly easy to bypass, whether because the latest Technic build is hosted somewhere that doesn't require a login to access (e.g. a torrent) or because the launcher, being java, can be cracked as easily as Minecraft itself.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: February 26, 2012, 04:48:21 pm »

2. It comes with TMI. I dislike having a 24-page list of items next to my inventory, its ugly and makes me feel like I'm cheating. I'm also trying to figure out how to disable it still.

7. I dislike all this industrial/hightec/etc stuff. Its just not Minecraft, and because it is so out-of-place among the other minecraft stuff, it just screams "IM A MOD!"
7. All the technical stuff doesn't suit you? Perhaps it isn't the right mod pack for you then. :)

My gripe isnt with technical stuff, it is with stuff being out of the technology era minecraft seems to hint at. This is the age of swords and arrows, with a very primitive source of power that is redstone dust. Suddenly, oodles of machinery. You can make technical stuff and still have it be relatively close to the age vanilla minecraft is within, but IndustrialCraft doesnt do that.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: February 26, 2012, 05:32:51 pm »

That gives me an idea for an adjustment to IC/other mods. What if you had to have experience with other more primitive items, and then once you met requirements, you would have an "idea". For example. You would have to place X amount of redstone, and activate 3 different things with redstone, and then you get the idea of electricity. Using a furnace while knowing about electricity gives you the idea for a generator.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35:48 pm »

Computercraft has turtles now.
Turtles are awesome.

while turtle.detect() do
turtle.dig()
turtle.up(1)
turtle.dig()
turtle.forward(1)
turtle.down()
end
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: February 26, 2012, 05:42:04 pm »

That gives me an idea for an adjustment to IC/other mods. What if you had to have experience with other more primitive items, and then once you met requirements, you would have an "idea". For example. You would have to place X amount of redstone, and activate 3 different things with redstone, and then you get the idea of electricity. Using a furnace while knowing about electricity gives you the idea for a generator.

yes! more grinding! there is never enough grinding! let's force the same gameplay on every world beacuse grinding is fuuuuun!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: February 26, 2012, 05:46:51 pm »

yes! more grinding! there is never enough grinding! let's force the same gameplay on every world beacuse grinding is fuuuuun!

That's funny, because the only thing changing here is your playing vanilla minecraft like you normally would, while unlocking new content as you go along. That's not grinding. Grinding is when you read HOW to unlock everything, then try to rush it all, without actually using what you discover.

There is simply too much stuff in technic. Having progression like this would slow the pace down to a reasonable amount.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: February 26, 2012, 05:52:27 pm »

Yeah, but after having done that in 40 different worlds because you decided to change, it'd get a bit annoying.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15793 on: February 26, 2012, 05:54:08 pm »

and then you cant just get a bunch of batteries to power stuff, you have to follow every time the same path to unlock them, even if the basic stuff is almost readily available.

but I do agree that the technic pack has just too much stuff to do and to know, too much content to explore. some of which you have too look up on the wiki constantly because of conflicting conventions (the dotted face of battery box is the output, the dotted face of transformer is the input, which kinda makes sense but you keep forgotting which is which)

craft guide + quick craft are good enough, however.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:41 pm »

Yeah, but after having done that in 40 different worlds because you decided to change, it'd get a bit annoying.

and then you cant just get a bunch of batteries to power stuff, you have to follow every time the same path to unlock them, even if the basic stuff is almost readily available.

but I do agree that the technic pack has just too much stuff to do and to know, too much content to explore. some of which you have too look up on the wiki constantly because of conflicting conventions (the dotted face of battery box is the output, the dotted face of transformer is the input, which kinda makes sense but you keep forgotting which is which)

craft guide + quick craft are good enough, however.

Option to disable/toggle your "ideas"?

It might not require a lot of requirements to figure stuff out. You might get ideas as soon as you have the things you need for it. Half of the reason for the mod is to alert you to your choices.

It's like your imagining the worst possible scenario. Why would you constantly start new worlds?
Pages: 1 ... 1051 1052 [1053] 1054 1055 ... 1380