Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419534 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15720 on: February 20, 2012, 05:37:59 pm »

I should really get around to making a black hole band, I probably have enough EMC stored up in my Klein Star

I hope you already have a gem of eternal density, because that's that compresses your cobble. You don't need the band, you just need to shift+click everything into the bag with the density gem.
The point of the black hole band is it will suck things into the alchemy bag instead of your inventory, and from further away. Stuff you mine will never fall down into a hole or anything, it will just get sucked into the bag and leave your inventory clear. And the GoED will compress it so you never run out of space in the bag,

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15721 on: February 20, 2012, 06:19:28 pm »

I should really get around to making a black hole band, I probably have enough EMC stored up in my Klein Star

I hope you already have a gem of eternal density, because that's that compresses your cobble. You don't need the band, you just need to shift+click everything into the bag with the density gem.
The point of the black hole band is it will suck things into the alchemy bag instead of your inventory, and from further away. Stuff you mine will never fall down into a hole or anything, it will just get sucked into the bag and leave your inventory clear. And the GoED will compress it so you never run out of space in the bag,

Well given that all the items are in little black balls and my mining method, I've never encountered losing any resources. I don't find the ring's cost to be worth the slight convenience.

If your interested in what that method is, It's to make a ladder down to level 13 (eye level), clear out everything horizontally with the destruction catalyst, then clear everything vertically. You get all the resources and do not make any holes in the surface. Once done with that, you dig your ladder 3 spaces deeper, and continue to clear out the rest horizontally until you hit bedrock.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15722 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:08 pm »

The Gem of Eternal Density works way too slowly in the inventory for my liking, and I hate having to spend ages shift clicking stacks of cobble into it to be condensed, besides, you can get enough EMC to make the Black Hole Band in about 10 minutes of mining
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15723 on: February 20, 2012, 06:25:01 pm »

der fuck you on about? black holes?
Equivalent Exchange has an item called the Black Hole Band which sucks items into your inventory from the world, or into an alchemy bag/chest if you put it in them.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15724 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:30 am »

My current Thaumatorium, complete with chicken and snowman batteries.
*Hugs*

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #15725 on: February 21, 2012, 03:36:52 pm »

Back to merely vanilla minecraft, particularly the latest snapshot:

Anvil Save Format: Amazingly Awesome, or Amazingly Awesomest?

I'm starting a creative mode project to build a set of flying continents above cloud level. Finally it can be more than 16 tiles tall! Unfortunately, I may have to build the trees by hand, rather than sapling them in.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15726 on: February 21, 2012, 03:42:57 pm »

So it seems the Thaumcraft items have no special properties when used within The End, I am mildly disappoint.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15727 on: February 21, 2012, 03:47:51 pm »

My current Thaumatorium, complete with chicken and snowman batteries.
That is pretty neat. I've found though that once I had relocated 3 obelisks (extensive searching through the world plus some fancy apportation wand use) to my home I can surround them with Vis condensers and hook them up to pipes which drop the vis crystals directly into a Thaumium Crucible and really never have Vis troubles unless I am duplicating masses of electrified Vis crystals to make more thaumic generators.

It looks extremely cool having thaumic generators powering my assembly table lasers, and really doesn't burn that much Vis from the storage array I have set up. (Vis storage array consists of 32 Vis nodes in series along two long conduits.) I finally set up a void symbol and made a talisman of the void for quick-return to base from anywhere. I also carry in my alchemy bag a void symbol, a portable node and enough obsidian to make a portal anywhere in the field so I can have two-way travel to base and back, then break the portal down and move on.

So it seems the Thaumcraft items have no special properties when used within The End, I am mildly disappoint.
What properties would you like? Would make good suggestions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15728 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:36 pm »

I've only just started messing with Thaumcraft stuff, so I'm still getting a feel for all the items and special stuff, I do know of a few incomplete altar circles near my house though.

As for The End stuff.

I haven't thought of anything in particular, but the Portable Hole backwall effect looks like The End portal, and you make many of the items with Enderman stuff, and the portalling effects are Enderman sound effects, just seems like being in The End would be something special.

I also theorise that stuff you hit with the Apportation wand gets sent to The End, thus mobs you hit with it being killed.
At the very least, being in The End should provide a decent amount of background Thaumic radiation.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15729 on: February 21, 2012, 03:57:58 pm »

Perhaps special obelisks and artifacts you can move back to the normal world? Would be cool to relocate stuff from another world back to your own, even if it's just really cool looking building materials.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15730 on: February 21, 2012, 04:21:35 pm »

Obelisks made of enderstone would look pretty neat. White with black runes or something. Use them to charge and create a 2nd tier of talismans and amulets.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15731 on: February 21, 2012, 09:13:24 pm »

First of all I got a new video up in which I think I finally figured out a goal. Second I would like to ask what pack of mods this is that you are all talking about because if you read the last many pages from a vanilla Minecraft perspective it sounds like your playing a completely different game and I want in on it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15732 on: February 21, 2012, 09:27:23 pm »

*Hugs*

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #15733 on: February 21, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »

Thank you! Looks like I have something else to steal my time now.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15734 on: February 22, 2012, 07:25:46 am »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:27:32 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 ... 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 ... 1380