Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419549 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15705 on: February 20, 2012, 01:30:40 am »

Wait....How will the colored bags work then? Wouldn't everyone be able to access them?
I have no idea honestly, haven't tried it.

I hit upon an interesting solution though for another problem. I've been working on a machine that will build any item I need on request but since they took out (most of) the alchemists stone recipes I wasn't sure if I could replinish my stores through alchemy but then I started looking at how the condenser works. I now have an array of condensers with a row of energy collectors above them producing all of the basic resources and piping them into chests with provider pipes on them. Seems to work well and provides a renewable source of the most-used items like iron and stone.

The rest of the machine is still under construction yet but this is working really well so far.

Wait....Your using the latest EE right? Do you know about the transmutation tablet? How you can just store all that energy from the energy collectors into a klein star and carry around 2 items with you, yet effectively carrying around everything you ever picked up?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15706 on: February 20, 2012, 01:32:47 am »

Wait....How will the colored bags work then? Wouldn't everyone be able to access them?
I have no idea honestly, haven't tried it.

I hit upon an interesting solution though for another problem. I've been working on a machine that will build any item I need on request but since they took out (most of) the alchemists stone recipes I wasn't sure if I could replinish my stores through alchemy but then I started looking at how the condenser works. I now have an array of condensers with a row of energy collectors above them producing all of the basic resources and piping them into chests with provider pipes on them. Seems to work well and provides a renewable source of the most-used items like iron and stone.

The rest of the machine is still under construction yet but this is working really well so far.

Wait....Your using the latest EE right? Do you know about the transmutation tablet? How you can just store all that energy from the energy collectors into a klein star and carry around 2 items with you, yet effectively carrying around everything you ever picked up?
Yes I know about all of that. The point of this was to automate it...  I don't want to go transmuting every time I need iron, I just want a chest always full of iron. A single Mk3 collector and a condenser targeting iron takes care of that, with an engine moving it to a convenient chest. It also makes the iron available to my logistics pipes for other constructions without me having to worry about tossing in more iron every once in a while.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: February 20, 2012, 04:09:42 am »

the nuclear reactor is way less powerful than what I initially thought, because it's harder to fully automate.

time to make my solar array huge: scales way better and batteries double quite conveniently as upward transformers.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15708 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:19 am »

the nuclear reactor is way less powerful than what I initially thought, because it's harder to fully automate.

time to make my solar array huge: scales way better and batteries double quite conveniently as upward transformers.
I dunno, with 4 uranium cells you can get about 80 EU/t with a total of 16 million EU. That's not a bad return and that is for a safe and simple design.

More complex designs return more efficiency, with some designs like this one giving you 1400 EU/t with an ice cooled design.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:26 pm »

so...

Did you guys know that right clicking with an unstable singularity would through it and cause a black hole to spawn? Because I didn't! TT

Took out my macerator with the 8 overclockers in it.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15710 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:38 pm »

so...

Did you guys know that right clicking with an unstable singularity would through it and cause a black hole to spawn? Because I didn't! TT

Took out my macerator with the 8 overclockers in it.
Same thing happens with a stable singularity, except the explosion is bigger.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: February 20, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »

Yeah, rightclicked by accident, and now half of my house is cobblestone.

Also, how do you stablise the singularity? I'm just starting to mess with Thaumcraft stuff.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15712 on: February 20, 2012, 12:22:30 pm »

Yeah, rightclicked by accident, and now half of my house is cobblestone.

Also, how do you stablise the singularity? I'm just starting to mess with Thaumcraft stuff.
Infuse the unstable one with an arcane mould. The bowl looking thing.

Stabilized singularities are what you use to power the arcane bore, which is an amazing mining machine.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: February 20, 2012, 12:23:59 pm »

Yeah, just figured out a second after I posted, thankies though. I'm making a portable hole first, my Destruction Catalyst is fine for mining at the moment, although I really need to get a relay set up in my bedrock mine so I don't have to go all the way to the surface every time my inventory fills with cobble.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15714 on: February 20, 2012, 12:35:52 pm »

Yeah, just figured out a second after I posted, thankies though. I'm making a portable hole first, my Destruction Catalyst is fine for mining at the moment, although I really need to get a relay set up in my bedrock mine so I don't have to go all the way to the surface every time my inventory fills with cobble.
I solved that by placing a Black Hole Band and a Gem of Eternal Density inside a different colored alchemy bag in my inventory. Everything I mine is sucked inside and things like cobblestone are autocompacted. You never really run out of inventory space.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:14 pm »

I should really get around to making a black hole band, I probably have enough EMC stored up in my Klein Star
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15716 on: February 20, 2012, 04:34:02 pm »

I dunno, with 4 uranium cells you can get about 80 EU/t with a total of 16 million EU. That's not a bad return and that is for a safe and simple design.

More complex designs return more efficiency, with some designs like this one giving you 1400 EU/t with an ice cooled design.

That design will need six chambers water cooled, or you can just do it with 8 power generators burning coal. Way more easy and yet more space efficient.

That 1400eu/t design, otoh, is neat

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15717 on: February 20, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »

To get that 16 million EU from burning coal you'd need ~4000 pieces of coal burning in the generators and you'd have to manually load every stack of 64 into them, meaning at least 63 manual refills of coal stacks into generators.

Or you can toss 3 uranium cells into a reactor and let it run.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: February 20, 2012, 05:31:25 pm »

Butpipes can run coal for me, uranium needs precise placement

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15719 on: February 20, 2012, 05:34:44 pm »

I should really get around to making a black hole band, I probably have enough EMC stored up in my Klein Star

I hope you already have a gem of eternal density, because that's that compresses your cobble. You don't need the band, you just need to shift+click everything into the bag with the density gem.
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1380