Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419619 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15690 on: February 19, 2012, 06:42:48 am »

Nope, the highest tier of armour is red matter armour with the power items implanted in it. If you're flying and hold down shift, you descend very rapidly and send mobs flying when you hit the ground.
*Hugs*

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15691 on: February 19, 2012, 08:04:12 am »

So you become Tony stark?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15692 on: February 19, 2012, 08:05:16 am »

Does the highest tier in EE armor now also make you immortal if you have the full set?

Mostly, I think it blocks 90% of incoming damage.
But it also makes you lava immune, fireproof, able to breathe underwater, able to fly, able to call down lightning strikes at your cursor, able to cause an explosion around you in a radius that would make a creeper rage with envy, able to send mobs flying away from you by crouching and able to powerslam into the ground and send mobs far enough to die from fall damage.

And all the features are absolutely free.
I think you can do most of that without any elaborate equipment.

At least the lightning part I am sure of.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15693 on: February 19, 2012, 08:13:28 am »

Bitch please, Tony Stark wishes he had my swag.

Also, I've found EqEx really overshadows the other mods for me. I basically treat Industrialcraft, Thaumcraft and Redpower as vessels to deliver the OP goodness of EqEx to me.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15694 on: February 19, 2012, 08:29:50 am »

Bitch please, Tony Stark wishes he had my swag.

Also, I've found EqEx really overshadows the other mods for me. I basically treat Industrialcraft, Thaumcraft and Redpower as vessels to deliver the OP goodness of EqEx to me.

Same here. I remember when I used build craft, IC, and EE equally (until I got all the EE items of course), now I just have a bunch of macerators and carry around everything I need in my inventory. The only thing left to do is to become even more overpowered and build stuff. Feels like skipping ahead and just switching to creative mode would save me a lot of time  ::)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15695 on: February 19, 2012, 08:56:13 am »

I don't even Macerate, I just use a red matter furnace.

I'm thinking of doing a Technology only run sometime, pure runs are pretty fun with Technic
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15696 on: February 19, 2012, 09:33:43 am »

One problem is that the industrial/build craft is based upon non renewable sources so they don't scale that well. The mass fabricator is there, but it requires so much diamonds end to end you'll have to strip more than a dozen chunks.

Just having a charcoal to coal reaction would leave industrialcraft much more self sufficient. (you'll still be limited by mining redpowder, however)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15697 on: February 19, 2012, 10:57:20 am »

I kinda half limit myself with EE. I stay away from abusing the collector flowers and try to use the industrial stuff to feed my EMC.

And by the way, anyone know how to fix redpowers halfblock from becoming dark? Its like they do not receive light.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15698 on: February 19, 2012, 11:11:33 am »

Yeah, but whenever you die with EE end game equipment then its entirely your fault.

Are you mining? Why would you bother when you can get a diamond in a few seconds (which does make everything past diamond level tools pretty useless annoyingly)?
Did you hit lava? Why didn't you have the lava-immunity item equped?
Did you die from falling damage? Why don't you have the falling immune/flying item equipped?
Did a mob kill you? That's pretty unexcusable when you can fly, kill stuff with 1 projectile, shoot hundreds of homing arrows, slow down time ect.
At the time I had just finished upgrading my tools and was working on a new collector array so I could start building the better power items. You still get more EMC/s from mining with high end equipment and tossing the resulting material into a relay until you have several arrays running. I didn't have the end game power items, just one of the end game tools.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15699 on: February 19, 2012, 06:05:20 pm »

One problem is that the industrial/build craft is based upon non renewable sources so they don't scale that well. The mass fabricator is there, but it requires so much diamonds end to end you'll have to strip more than a dozen chunks.

Just having a charcoal to coal reaction would leave industrialcraft much more self sufficient. (you'll still be limited by mining redpowder, however)

A dozen chunks? That's it?  :P

I've stripped hundreds of chunks with the EE catalyst lens, then flew to a new place.

Also, technic has multipler right? How many people here can use it? Because I think it would be interesting to have a technology vs magic type of battle.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15700 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:39 pm »

I'd imagine the entire map would be bedrock by the third day.
*Hugs*

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15701 on: February 19, 2012, 06:45:54 pm »

Is EqEx even multiplayer yet?
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15702 on: February 19, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »

Is EqEx even multiplayer yet?
Yes, recently finished SMP version is out.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15703 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:53 pm »

Wait....How will the colored bags work then? Wouldn't everyone be able to access them?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15704 on: February 19, 2012, 11:49:23 pm »

Wait....How will the colored bags work then? Wouldn't everyone be able to access them?
I have no idea honestly, haven't tried it.

I hit upon an interesting solution though for another problem. I've been working on a machine that will build any item I need on request but since they took out (most of) the alchemists stone recipes I wasn't sure if I could replinish my stores through alchemy but then I started looking at how the condenser works. I now have an array of condensers with a row of energy collectors above them producing all of the basic resources and piping them into chests with provider pipes on them. Seems to work well and provides a renewable source of the most-used items like iron and stone.

The rest of the machine is still under construction yet but this is working really well so far.
Pages: 1 ... 1045 1046 [1047] 1048 1049 ... 1380