Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419777 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15645 on: February 17, 2012, 06:01:51 pm »

So yeah, I decided I wasn't already lets playing enough games so I started a Minecraft one as well. The first video in which I don't really do much is here.
   Also if there is anything specific in Minecraft you would like to see me do or showcase, comment on the video or tell me here and I will try to do it though I can't promise anything. Also since I apparently don't have any real concern about having too many lets plays going if you also just have a game you would like me to do you can ask for it as well though I may not be able to do some games depending on me either having it, being able to get it for free, or interest on my part as I won't intentionally torture myself.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15646 on: February 17, 2012, 06:09:15 pm »

So... anybody been messing around with the Better Dungeons stuff in Technic? I finally managed to find a castle, cleared it all out... and nothing. Couldn't find a boss anywhere, and the minimap says I've cleared out all the monsters in the area...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15647 on: February 17, 2012, 09:24:56 pm »

So... anybody been messing around with the Better Dungeons stuff in Technic? I finally managed to find a castle, cleared it all out... and nothing. Couldn't find a boss anywhere, and the minimap says I've cleared out all the monsters in the area...
I don't think all dungeons have bosses. And dungeons don't seem common enough for me. All I keep finding are a bunch of random towers of stone with no comprehensible structure, and a few traps/spawners/chests. No one wants to scale those things over and over.

So yeah, I decided I wasn't already lets playing enough games so I started a Minecraft one as well. The first video in which I don't really do much is here.
   Also if there is anything specific in Minecraft you would like to see me do or showcase, comment on the video or tell me here and I will try to do it though I can't promise anything. Also since I apparently don't have any real concern about having too many lets plays going if you also just have a game you would like me to do you can ask for it as well though I may not be able to do some games depending on me either having it, being able to get it for free, or interest on my part as I won't intentionally torture myself.
Personally, I like people going at things blind, then finding out how amazing stuff is.

EDIT: Also, I saw a guide on how to lay out energy collectors and relays for EE and they have 1 collector attached to 2 relays. Let's say that a collector produces 30 EMC a second. If attached to one relay, will the relay gather 30 EMC? If attached to 2 relays, with both relays get the full 30 EMC, or will they split it and get 15 per second each?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:31:15 pm by Micro102 »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15648 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:43 pm »

Freaking archers in the better dungeons mod....One shot kill with full iron armor. 2 shot kill with full diamond. Plus they blind you. Such bull.
Yep, I know exactly how you feel.
It's even worse when the arrows put a "slow 2/3" effect on you making you unable to run away or dodge the second arrow.

EDIT:
Does anyone know where I can find version 1.2.3b of metallurgy for SSP? The only one I can find in the thread and on google is for SMP and I don't want to have to install Modloader SMP on top of everything I already have.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:23:13 pm by bluephoenix »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15649 on: February 17, 2012, 10:29:14 pm »

I don't think all dungeons have bosses. And dungeons don't seem common enough for me. All I keep finding are a bunch of random towers of stone with no comprehensible structure, and a few traps/spawners/chests. No one wants to scale those things over and over.
Yeah, I've only found the one. Thing is, there's an achievement for "sieging a castle". Which... I can't seem to figure out how to do.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15650 on: February 17, 2012, 10:33:17 pm »

Yeah, I've only found the one. Thing is, there's an achievement for "sieging a castle". Which... I can't seem to figure out how to do.
For that achievment, you have to find a big sort of sand stone palace and kill the necromancer in it, it doesn't look like a castle at all and spawns in the plains biome I think.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15651 on: February 17, 2012, 10:38:27 pm »

1.2.3b is still in testing for SSP.

Better Dungeons' dungeon critters do pack a wallop. All I can suggest are lots of Protection enchantments or smart use of terrain or mod tools.

If you have Adventureitems installed, too, dungeoneering can be quite worth it- get a mining scroll and you can carve out a stack of obsidian in seconds- if you have enough food, of course.
Then why is he testing newer versions before finishing 1.2.3b??

"1.3pr2.1 SSP is now released for testing"

I am not using that version due to the bugs in it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15652 on: February 17, 2012, 10:43:46 pm »

Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh. Anyone who uses "better dungeons", don't even attempt to do the underground caverns with the vines. As the vines block all of your melee attacks. If you want to survive, be prepared to cut down every vine around you before continuing (aka waste an hour of your time).

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15653 on: February 17, 2012, 11:36:32 pm »

The underground vines dungeon was okay, untill I met the boss.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #15654 on: February 18, 2012, 02:31:01 am »

Holy crap, just installed technic. It's so... beautiful! A single mod which figures out how to put everything together without hours of digging around in zip files, without the terror of installing in the wrong order, requiring a total restart of the process... Just... a launcher, and it's done. And then I find out it has every single mod I ever wanted to try plus some I had never heard of but wanted after I did! :D

The last time I had a heavily modded client was with about half a dozen mods; took an entire day to get everything sorted (and the tossing of half a dozen more with conflicts). This mod has ALL OF THOSE HALF DOZEN MODS PLUS EVEN MORE!

SO HAPPY!!!! >_______>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 02:34:32 am by alway »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15655 on: February 18, 2012, 02:59:52 am »

somehow I dont think you used that smiley right :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15656 on: February 18, 2012, 03:03:10 am »

Holy crap, just installed technic. It's so... beautiful! A single mod which figures out how to put everything together without hours of digging around in zip files, without the terror of installing in the wrong order, requiring a total restart of the process... Just... a launcher, and it's done. And then I find out it has every single mod I ever wanted to try plus some I had never heard of but wanted after I did! :D

The last time I had a heavily modded client was with about half a dozen mods; took an entire day to get everything sorted (and the tossing of half a dozen more with conflicts). This mod has ALL OF THOSE HALF DOZEN MODS PLUS EVEN MORE!

SO HAPPY!!!! >_______>
Hehehe, thats exactly why I make my modpack available to the people here who like it. Glad you're having fun with technic though.

I just spent an incredibly long time relocating a circle of obelisks using a pair of apportation wands. I now have an indoor altar and obelisk setup for talisman crafting. The only thing that saved my sanity was the discovery that thaumcraft tools are repaired by EE Talisman of repair when inside an alchemist's bag.  :o

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15657 on: February 18, 2012, 03:46:34 am »

Only problem with the technic pack is that there is no guidance. There is too much awesome stuff and you won't get anywhere without using cheats or reading in depth guides.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15658 on: February 18, 2012, 04:22:10 am »

Only problem with the technic pack is that there is no guidance. There is too much awesome stuff and you won't get anywhere without using cheats or reading in depth guides.
Or looking at the content mod list on their web page which links to the mods used.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15659 on: February 18, 2012, 04:39:30 am »

Or looking at the content mod list on their web page which links to the mods used.

That's what I mean. If I want to get started on something, I have to look up X recipe. It was fine when you had one mod. But you have tons of mods in the technic pack. Reading and following just one guide at a time doesn't seem like the proper way to play it. It starts to turn into the same thing as downloading the mods one at a time to try them. I guess I'm saying I think the mods should be integrated into each other if they are that numerous. EE and IC do this nicely.
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1380