Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420068 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15585 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:11 pm »

OptiFine does the HD texture stuff for you doesn't it?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15586 on: February 15, 2012, 04:40:04 pm »

installed mod, what can I do now?
Well, anything you want really. If you want to get started with IC2 you'll need to make a new world or find chunks that you haven't been to before because copper and tin won't generate anywhere you've been before you installed the mod.

You can start by making the basic machines: Generator, Macerator and Electric Furnace. Really the point of buildcraft and IC2 is to automate things you don't want to do repeatedly, like making 8000 stone bricks for a massive construction or whatever.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: February 15, 2012, 04:58:56 pm »

I?m looking at that, found some wikis. industrial craft seems more extreme, with lasers and such. I'm starting with buildcraft. I still don't get the chicken stuff posted earlier  :P

I'm going for an automated quarry, seems reasonable and fun. can chests be queued, so after filling the first stuff goes in the second?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: February 15, 2012, 05:12:40 pm »

The chicken stuff was an operation to make them lay eggs into a tube network which rendered the eggs into liquid magic to be used elsewhere.

Also, if you want more mods, you could try the Technic Pack it has its own launcher, so it's zero hassle to install. It's kinda buggy though, so if you feel confident installing mods yourself, it'd probably be better to grab Forsaken's modpack, it has pretty much all the Technic stuff, and a few mods that Technic doesn't have.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15589 on: February 15, 2012, 05:12:42 pm »

I still don't get the chicken stuff posted earlier  :P
In Thaumcraft there is a block called a Crucible. Any item you throw in the crucible is broken down into Vis, which is thaumic energy. The amount of Vis you get depends on the item. We were using the chickens to generate eggs which are routed through tubes into a crucible so that we get a steady income of energy from the chickens laying eggs.

I'm going for an automated quarry, seems reasonable and fun. can chests be queued, so after filling the first stuff goes in the second?
The quarry is fun and functional. For your question on chests... no not really. Basic Buildcraft pipe logic is very simple and I don't know of any easy way to detect a full chest but you can use diamond pipes to sort the output. I usually have one pipe line going off either to a general storage array of like 6 chests for cobble/dirt/sand or just route it to a source block of lava so it destroys the stuff, and all ore and other items go into a few nearby chests. If you want some actual intelligence in the pipe system install Logistics Pipes. With that you can do fun things like order items remotely, keep a chest or block full of a certain level of item such as fuel, stuff like that.

For your basic quarry though, a stone pipe coming off the quarry splitting to 2 double chests will be more than sufficient.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: February 15, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »

Chests touching the quarry have items routed to them, so if you array one double chest on each available side of the quarry, you can fill all three with no need for pipes.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: February 15, 2012, 05:19:21 pm »

ok, thank you all.

do industrial diamond works for buildcraft recipes?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »

Most likely, with the ore dictionary. But if not, you can turn them into diamond blocks and convert those back into regular diamonds.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15593 on: February 15, 2012, 05:27:36 pm »

In fact in the latest version of IC2 I believe they've been removed and you just make regular diamonds because he realized it was stupid to make them a separate item and there were a dozen or so ways to convert them.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: February 15, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »

Did you install Forge? It doesn't look like you did. Its missing part of forge called ITextureProvider

Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »

I think the creator of industrialcraft is discontinuing industrial diamonds and just making them regular diamonds because he recognizes that they are a little silly in practice.

Back when I was messing with buildcraft on Jays server there were a few quirks with how pipe logic worked, allowing for most functions we wanted. Like how a pipe would not deposit into a machine if the object could not go in the machine and an alternate path was available. I have no idea if these quirks still apply, but there should be a simple way to manage multiple chests vanilla BC style.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:55 pm »

Cools, I was always wondering why he didn't just do that.
I used to turn them into shovels and transmute those back into diamonds.

@Johnfalcon.

Copy the contents of Modloader.txt to a spoiler and paste them here.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15597 on: February 15, 2012, 05:32:20 pm »

I guess I'm reading an outdated wiki.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: February 15, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »

wiki.industrial-craft.net ?
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: February 15, 2012, 05:33:57 pm »

wiki.industrial-craft.net ?

yes that one. it talks about industrial diamond as separated items. I figure I'll have to try. it will take a while, I'm on a brand new world and have just a some iron and copper
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 1380