Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420271 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15540 on: February 15, 2012, 12:07:35 pm »

I don't terribly understand the mindset that gets aggravated over minor features that don't get in the way, but at least most of those things are being worked on.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:31 pm »

I don't terribly understand the mindset that gets aggravated over minor features that don't get in the way, but at least most of those things are being worked on.

most of the current, yes. many of the old, nay.

I understand what I signed up for when I bought it back in alpha and that no expectation was an actual binding contract.

But I'm unhappy of my 'investment' turning out quite bad.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15542 on: February 15, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »

most of the current, yes. many of the old, nay.

I understand what I signed up for when I bought it back in alpha and that no expectation was an actual binding contract.

Wait... how much did you pay? And how many hours have you played Minecraft?

I'm willing to bet you got more entertainment for your money from even vanilla minecraft alpha/beta than most big budget titles coming out these days.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: February 15, 2012, 12:12:21 pm »

???

???

You have played the game, right?
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:55 pm »

In unrelated news, has anyone tested the effectiveness of Chickens as Vis batteries? Would a large enough amount of chickens packed into a small area provide enough eggs to actually be worth the effort of setting up?

Because having the items falling directly onto the transposer saves the need to have redstone running to it.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15545 on: February 15, 2012, 12:37:25 pm »

In unrelated news, has anyone tested the effectiveness of Chickens as Vis batteries? Would a large enough amount of chickens packed into a small area provide enough eggs to actually be worth the effort of setting up?

Because having the items falling directly onto the transposer saves the need to have redstone running to it.
Hum... I'm picturing a a 3x3 field of transposers with the input side up with chickens packed in there and surrounded by fences with a tube leading to... uh... can tubes connect to a crucible? They don't have an inventory really, as I understand it. Redpower tubes won't drop things out of the network unless you use another transposer, so the tube could run to another transposer which drops eggs into the crucible.

It would have to be a thaumic crucible so it wouldn't overflow, or you'd need to tune it and split it between 3-5 crucibles.

Hm...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: February 15, 2012, 12:41:13 pm »

Wait... how much did you pay? And how many hours have you played Minecraft?

I'm willing to bet you got more entertainment for your money from even vanilla minecraft alpha/beta than most big budget titles coming out these days.

It was the first or second round. 9.95€

didn't play that much. gets boring quickly too see that potential wasted with shallow content. I'm getting some time on it now just because I can have a private server. But while friendly playing is entertaining, it's nothing like the game presented to me when I first paid it. Yes, I had no guarantee back then about the final product, so meh.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: February 15, 2012, 12:42:27 pm »

Redstone tubes connect to the crucible.
And a regular tube just touching the side will dump the items into it as well, but they won't visually connect.

*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: February 15, 2012, 12:43:39 pm »

Dude, you gotta think more vanilla. Have a aqua chicken pen so you have chickens floating on top of a layer of water on top of a layer of empty air(Achieved by signs) on top of a water conveyer to a hole over a Thaumic Crucible. Costs only water and wood.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: February 15, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »

Tubes are more fun though.

E: More, not Mcre.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15550 on: February 15, 2012, 12:45:39 pm »

Redstone tubes connect to the crucible.
And a regular tube just touching the side will dump the items into it as well, but they won't visually connect.

Oh excellent. That makes it simpler...

Can you pull items out of the crucible which are not yet burned for Vis?

Dude, you gotta think more vanilla. Have a aqua chicken pen so you have chickens floating on top of a layer of water on top of a layer of empty air(Achieved by signs) on top of a water conveyer to a hole over a Thaumic Crucible. Costs only water and wood.
My way looks more impressive and transposers don't cost all that much either. I try to ignore the issues minecraft has with signs/ladders and liquid flow because they really look bad.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: February 15, 2012, 12:46:18 pm »

I haven't tried pulling the items out, I'll open up my test world and do that.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: February 15, 2012, 12:47:36 pm »

I guess you could have tubes collect from beneath the floating chickens. You could even make individual vertical glass tubes for the chickens to make it look more industrial. Just rows of glass tubes filled with chickens floating on water.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: February 15, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »

A transposer will pull every item that's currently unsmelted in the crucible out, so you can use a pulse to instantly clear the crucible.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15554 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:11 pm »

Interesting. That makes a good item overflow valve for thaumic crucibles because they won't smelt anything if they don't have room for the Vis, so you could use a transposer to move the items to the next crucible or into storage to be fed back in as a buffer.
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1380