Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420285 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15495 on: February 14, 2012, 02:32:52 am »

Wait, you can have more than one graphics card on a laptop? O_O
How? I must know! I'm tired of this crappy integrated Intel chip! It can hardly run Half-Life 2, let alone Minecraft!

try using optifine. may help, may not. on my old crappy athlon x2 with chipset integrated card works. from unplayable to stuttering now and less but playable.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-11-optifine-hd-c-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af/

try the 'light' version; the installation with magic launcer is very convenient; you'll find instruction at the bottom.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: February 14, 2012, 02:35:00 am »

Wait, you can have more than one graphics card on a laptop? O_O
How? I must know! I'm tired of this crappy integrated Intel chip! It can hardly run Half-Life 2, let alone Minecraft!

try using optifine. may help, may not. on my old crappy athlon x2 with chipset integrated card works. from unplayable to stuttering now and less but playable.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-11-optifine-hd-c-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af/

try the 'light' version; the installation with magic launcer is very convenient; you'll find instruction at the bottom.
I have used optifine before, and it helps. Having a decent NVIDIA card would be a much better solution, but that doesn't seem to be possible.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #15497 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:22 am »

I'd love to improve my MC performance to go max it out, but I'm stuck with a fucking 32-bit OS, so that pretty much kills me in terms of RAM...

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: February 14, 2012, 03:27:56 am »

I'd love to improve my MC performance to go max it out, but I'm stuck with a fucking 32-bit OS, so that pretty much kills me in terms of RAM...
i am only using 6 of my 12 GB ram for it's intended purpose. the remaining bit contains a ramdisk with my .appdata folder.
(Hardlink)
loading a 60MB world - 7 seconds.
and i'm sure you can trick the x86 OS into using spare unadressed ram as a ramdisk.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:31:43 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #15499 on: February 14, 2012, 03:58:27 am »

The problem isn't in loading or anything, it's that MC keeps running out of memory.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: February 14, 2012, 04:06:25 am »

optifine worked as a stopgap solution even that problem on my brother pc.

he had those out of memory errors popping up now and then, using far distance, because we had to do with the 32bit jvm (the os had 64 bit and the pc had 8gig, but we had no internet to update java)

really, that mod works almost by magic. don't know why it's that much efficient than the standard minecraft, surely it should have some drawback here or there or it would have been merged long ago.

to me, it's awesome.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #15501 on: February 14, 2012, 04:14:38 am »

Main drawbacks are that it's incredibly buggy and you get really weird rendering glitches.

And it's complicated as fuck.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: February 14, 2012, 04:20:40 am »

never had any problem - with the light version. had some glitch while turning fast back and forth 180 deg at time. (lateral chunks not always rendered leaving a small magin on undraw screen border during the rotation)

using the standard version and messing up with the incredibly complicated configuration options did cause some problems, now that I think of it.

namely, I didn't understand a thing and turned minecraft into a slideshow  :P

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: February 14, 2012, 07:51:16 am »

Theres a fix for the Technic Launcher because it doesn't allocate RAM properly and there's a memory leak within the program. It's a bat file, works a charm.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: February 14, 2012, 09:32:01 pm »

I am having some trouble. I am playing on the technic pack, have a solar generator from IC, and have the cable running from the bottom of the generator to a macerator. Yet the macerator doesn't run. Why is power not transferring? (yes it is daytime)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »

I am having a little problem. I'm trying to download a few mods via MC patcher. I have all the mods placed onto it, including Modloader, but when I patch and test the game, it crashes. When I remove Modloader, it runs fine, but none of my mods work. Can someone tell me what is happening to my Minecraft?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: February 14, 2012, 09:54:34 pm »

I am having some trouble. I am playing on the technic pack, have a solar generator from IC, and have the cable running from the bottom of the generator to a macerator. Yet the macerator doesn't run. Why is power not transferring? (yes it is daytime)
Here's some basic troubleshooting questions:
Is the solar generator below a pane or glass or similar transparent object? If so, it doesn't actually receive light. It needs to be in direct contact with sunlight.

Are you using low-voltage cables? It has to have low-voltage only.

The macerator may actually be running, albeit slowly. Solar generators don't produce much EU, but two should power a machine constantly.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: February 14, 2012, 10:40:26 pm »

Low-voltage, as in tin cables? Because I used copper ones. Did they change it and why?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15508 on: February 14, 2012, 10:44:18 pm »

Are you using low-voltage cables? It has to have low-voltage only.
Since when was this true? I have used copper cabling before with solar panels just fine.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: February 14, 2012, 11:03:32 pm »

Well, it seems it is indeed low current only, I guess it's an improvement....Now I won't have an absurd amount of tin anymore.....But the macerator sound has gotten even more annoying  :(
Pages: 1 ... 1032 1033 [1034] 1035 1036 ... 1380