Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420504 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15435 on: February 13, 2012, 07:31:20 am »

Or building a giant monument and configuring it to crap out a diamond block when you feed it enough junk.

Brb, building a monument.
*Hugs*

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: February 13, 2012, 08:37:25 am »

I know, there are many better modded ways, but I've this sort of vanilla-mania/mod-aversion and stuff  :P
Really? What do you do in Vanilla? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly curious. Once I got to diamond tools and built my house, minecart track and farm I couldn't think of anything else.

I've my own server with my closest friends, we build, we amuse each other and we do raiding parties in the mines, while other beautify them, place sign posts, tend the house and the farm, that sort of stuff.

I've 'won' the game in a couple day alone. then it got boring. but there is a strange sense of accomplishment in tending your own village.  you know, you are working in that small area, get back and wham! an entire new room carved with furniture is there. but they forgot an easy access, so you carve a path on the mountain to reach it easily, or a monumental entrance that helps everyone getting a bearing on the zone..

and then you explore, and you find torches and signs guiding you and you know that the world actually lives without you. it's really awesome. everyone should play on a small server with friends, at least once. not random strangers. friends, in a lan, possibly.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: February 13, 2012, 08:38:52 am »

Psh, Millenaire has people building villages all over the place.
/totallymissingthepoint.

:P
*Hugs*

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:40 am »

Or building a giant monument and configuring it to crap out a diamond block when you feed it enough junk.

or configure said monument to show it's progress in creating the diamond block with those nice red power lights. as they reach the end they spawn a snowman and it falls to it's death triggering the release of the diamond block. then make it self sustaining. ... is it bad that i already built that once?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: February 13, 2012, 08:51:01 am »

or configure said monument to show it's progress in creating the diamond block with those nice red power lights. as they reach the end they spawn a snowman and it falls to it's death triggering the release of the diamond block. then make it self sustaining. ... is it bad that i already built that once?
I've never seen a snow golem take fall damage, do they?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15440 on: February 13, 2012, 09:21:14 am »

You got me looking at the snow golem and made me realize that it creates snow under it, which made me realize that you could sit the golem on top of a redpower block breaker to gather the snow.

Now I have an array of 32 snowmen in glass columns producing snow which is made into snow blocks and fed into an antimatter relay. It isn't a huge gain in EMC but its fun to watch and they seem so happy.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:44 am »

I've never seen a snow golem take fall damage, do they?
they don't take fall damage, but they burn in magma.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
i believe they are the only mobs that leave a guaranteed drop.

also: the snow blocks for the snowman drop were built like forsaken did. then redpower placed those blocks for me, and the stuff got pushed by a piston in place, finally placing a pumpkin on top.
Does the red power deployer still trigger an OnBlockPlace event? If so i need to build an army maker again.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: February 13, 2012, 11:15:56 am »

You got me looking at the snow golem and made me realize that it creates snow under it, which made me realize that you could sit the golem on top of a redpower block breaker to gather the snow.

Now I have an array of 32 snowmen in glass columns producing snow which is made into snow blocks and fed into an antimatter relay. It isn't a huge gain in EMC but its fun to watch and they seem so happy.
I think I'll be powering all my Thaumcraft operations with this in the future, snowman batteries.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15443 on: February 13, 2012, 11:26:00 am »

I think I'll be powering all my Thaumcraft operations with this in the future, snowman batteries.
The best part is you can use Thaumcraft's Thaumic Generator to convert Vis into buildcraft, IC2 or redpower energy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29:58 am »

Hah, I laugh in the face of the laws of physics, I CAN turn snow into electricity!
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15445 on: February 13, 2012, 11:34:45 am »

Hah, I laugh in the face of the laws of physics, I CAN turn snow into electricity!
To be precise, you turn snow into magic into electricity!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: February 13, 2012, 12:04:08 pm »

*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: February 13, 2012, 12:09:08 pm »

I think that's pretty much how the Industrialcraft people make ice-cooled reactors.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: February 13, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »

But the lag, man. THE LAG!
* The Merchant Of Menace gets an automatic crafting table and converts them to snow blocks
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15449 on: February 13, 2012, 12:27:41 pm »

Yeah I had that same setup but with 32 of the little guys shitting out pure power into my upgraded crucibles. The 32 snowman array was feeding 4 Thaumium crucibles which don't overflow and those were feeding into a cell of 64 Vis nodes for storage. It works very well, though I didn't have long to do a lot of testing because I had to go. Will see if 32 is overkill tonight by doing a long-term test. If I end up with excess snow I can compress some to ice and cool a nuke reactor.
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1380