Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420806 times)

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15345 on: January 31, 2012, 05:02:04 pm »

Holy hell. Epic new shader mod, it adds directional shadows! Better yet, it either is or will soon be patched to work with that water reflection shader too!

One of my favourite sets of screenshots.

Edit; Video too!

That shader is quite resource demanding. When I tried it I think I got maybe one frame per second. Looks cool though.

On a side note, the Custom NPCs mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/833003-11-custom-npcs-0101-wip/) is pretty neat.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15346 on: January 31, 2012, 11:36:42 pm »

Here is V1.3 of my modpack for Minecraft version 1.1 which is intended only for Bay12 and my own use.

I highly HIGHLY recommend creating new worlds for this pack, even if you have one from my previous pack. I had to remove two mods because the mod author is no longer updating them and I changed several settings and block ID's to make everything compatible.

Note: I intend to include the Portal Gun mod in this as well but I had some trouble with it so I will attempt to add that in the future.

Spoiler: Install (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mods Included (click to show/hide)

---DISCLAIMER---

Please note that I did not make any of these mods. I take no credit for their amazing features and offer no support should they contain bugs or nonworking features. All credit and support requests should go to the authors of the individual mods. I have linked above to the places I obtained these mods.

This mod pack does not contain minecraft itself, obviously. To use this mod pack you must own minecraft.

---DISCLAIMER---

Modpack Download: http://bit.ly/z4RXtZ

Known Issues:

-Somnia causes some issues with sounds from some of the mods. For example if you have a macerator running and you take a nap, the sound for the macerator will stop playing even though the macerator is still running. Its a very minor issue and doesn't impact the way the machine works. Next time it stops and starts up again it will play the sound.

Note: I have worked out the block ID assignments so that there are no conflicts and I'm using IDResolver to set those block ID's. If you make changes to the pack like adding in other mods, you will have to work that out on your own.

If anyone likes this mod pack and would like to work out a nice HD texture pack for it, feel free to do so and I will include it in future releases. I have no idea how to do that.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this pack. I have tested it with a fresh install of Minecraft 1.1 and it worked for me without any issues.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:48:52 am by forsaken1111 »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:09 am »

Got sick of waiting for the next version of Technic Pack so making my own. Just checked up on if EE was updated for 1.1 and it's changed alot again from V5 to V6! :D

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: February 01, 2012, 07:35:18 am »

I wish someone would make a optifine compatible modpack >.<

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: February 01, 2012, 07:38:26 am »

They're easy to make yourself, I just made one in about 15 minutes. Modloader and Forge makes it very easy.

What's the best thing like TMI? I remember there being an uproar about a copy coming out, what's that called?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:24 am »

*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15351 on: February 01, 2012, 08:35:52 am »

What's the best thing like TMI? I remember there being an uproar about a copy coming out, what's that called?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/909223-110181-smp-chickenbones-mods/

Its called Not Enough Items. It works like TMI but will also show you recipes of any item, uses, etc. Its included in my pack above.

I wish someone would make a optifine compatible modpack >.<
I could look into adding it but I think last time I looked many of the mods I like aren't compatible with optifine.

Got sick of waiting for the next version of Technic Pack so making my own. Just checked up on if EE was updated for 1.1 and it's changed alot again from V5 to V6! :D
Just curious, what mods would you like that aren't included in my pack?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: February 01, 2012, 09:37:40 am »

Didn't look at your pack so I have no idea.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15353 on: February 01, 2012, 09:49:27 am »

Didn't look at your pack so I have no idea.
Ahh okay. Your post was right after my update so I thought you meant it as a response of sorts. Carry on! :)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: February 01, 2012, 10:56:37 am »

Just had a look through yours and it's basically the same as mine, haha! Oh well.

Think I don't have forestry and have additional pipes for build craft. Looks a great mod pack though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15355 on: February 01, 2012, 11:00:24 am »

Just had a look through yours and it's basically the same as mine, haha! Oh well.

Think I don't have forestry and have additional pipes for build craft. Looks a great mod pack though.
I forgot to put it in the changelog but I have additional pipes and logistics pipes in as well.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #15356 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

I just seem to have a problem with thing like TMI or the new NEI. I mean, you have all these nifty tools to make machine that make things. You can setup amazing devices that combine those hard won base materials into other base materials and on up the chain of complexity.

OR

You just open the interface and spawn the needed item straight away.

too tempting.
I got nothing

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15357 on: February 01, 2012, 11:39:19 am »

willpower is all that you need.
even with overwhelming odds. (just have a look at my youtube videos i'm doing for the forsaken modpack, i recorded without cutting anything, though i have it next to me all the time i ain't using it. and i was in dear need of redstone. Though with the update i'll have to start again. even better!) >.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15358 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:47 am »

I just seem to have a problem with thing like TMI or the new NEI. I mean, you have all these nifty tools to make machine that make things. You can setup amazing devices that combine those hard won base materials into other base materials and on up the chain of complexity.

OR

You just open the interface and spawn the needed item straight away.

too tempting.
You can set NEI to recipe mode only so you still have the recipe/crafting functions.

Though with the update i'll have to start again. even better!) >.>
Yeah, sorry about that but it couldn't be helped. A bunch of block ID's needed to be shuffled and I had to change configuration files to make everything mesh. Add to that we had 3 separate mods trying to spawn copper and tin ore which was resulting in me being unable to mine 10 blocks without running into 5 veins of copper. Now only IC2 spawns copper/tin and thanks to the forge ore dictionary that copper/tin can be used in any of the mods that need it.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: February 01, 2012, 01:01:35 pm »

Does anyone have any idea why my game wouldn't load Equivalent Exchange? The recipes just aren't there and the items aren't in NEI, weird..

May as well just use Forsakens pack.. You got what you wanted Forsaken! Daaaaaaaamn youuuuuu!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:08:13 pm by Briggsy16 »
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1380