Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421746 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15135 on: January 02, 2012, 08:25:29 am »

Might be MatMos, delete that from your minecraft folder and see if it stops crashing.

Thats the sound mod right? never installed that one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15136 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:28 am »

Woohoo! First enchantment ever, first try!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Isn't unbreaking a bit of a waste on there? Drills don't break anyway.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15137 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:57 am »

Second episode is OUT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfH8xKgVGak

have you fun with me singing.
and killing sheeps.
and finding magma.
and volcanoes.
who doesn't love volcanoes?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: January 02, 2012, 09:28:56 am »

Woohoo! First enchantment ever, first try!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Isn't unbreaking a bit of a waste on there? Drills don't break anyway.

I was wondering about that too. But, depending on how the energy consumption hooks into durability, maybe unbreakable provides a chance that power won't be consumed by a use? If energy tools simply rely on item durability, with the caveat that the item does not break when it reaches 0 (or, in my experience with nano armor, extremely low) durability, then unbreakable might still increase the energy efficiency of the tool.

Personally, I kind of think enchanting and IC should be incompatible, like sorcery and technology in Arcanum. Attempting to enchant an IC item would cause a spectacular explosion, on the order of a nuclear meltdown (maybe dependent on how much you tried to enchant it). The question would be whether you'd put a warning in it anywhere. Not having one would result in some hilarity when people started to report it, but putting in a warning (even an offhand comment of "we really recommend you do not try this") kind of defeats the purpose of having it. On the other hand, I have to admit it would be a seriously dick move: being unexpected, you didn't plan for it, so likely your entire home base and dozens of hours of work is destroyed.

I wish the mods that added more types of basic blocks went the extra step of adding the 'sub-types' of the block. For example, it doesn't make sense to me that marble can make bricks, but not stairs or slabs. Basalt cobblestone can't even make bricks. Would also be nice if new materials could be interchanged based off a vanilla item; for example, being able to use the new gems of redpower in Balkan's new weapons (since they're not very useful otherwise). But I guess that's half the point of an API - rather than having to hack in new things and then having to specifically call those new things, you could instead code the new item as a "variant of diamond, with these differing stats, usable in all the things that diamond is used for" and by default other mods could use it, or recipes can choose to use only a specific flavor of the item (e.g. though sapphire might be a flavored diamond, some recipes may only be possible with a diamond, or a sapphire). Ho hum.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:37:45 am by Niveras »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #15139 on: January 02, 2012, 09:52:03 am »

there was a mod that made marble work as stairs/something else.
thought it was inside, then it turned out not to be the case. still marble bricks are pretty awesome for making "modern looking" houses.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: January 02, 2012, 10:06:33 am »

Redpower, the mod that adds the marble, also adds a cutting system where you can cut almost any vanilla, marble, basalt and gem blocks into various thicknesses and widths, effectively making your own stair blocks as you please, since the sub-blocks can share the same space and even overlap a little.  You can even make upside-down or sideways stairs, enough to give M.C. Escher a headache. So I guess you don't really *need* stair blocks for the new block types, although it's a tad more effort.  The thin panels, ledges and tiny blocks are also useful to cover up wiring or prevent wires from attaching. They can be placed in the same space as Redpower tubes or wires.

You'll need an iron handsaw for this though, or a gem handsaw for the tougher materials. (You can use any of the three new gems, diamond handsaws are only required for cutting those wafer thingies)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: January 02, 2012, 01:50:29 pm »

Basalt cobblestone can't even make bricks.
Indeed.

That'd be because it has to be the actual stone block, same as every other kind of brick.

Yeah, no, asking more mods to have the "subtypes" is a fair request.  RedPower, however, is the worst example, because it is one of the best mods in that regard.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:54:05 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: January 02, 2012, 01:53:06 pm »

I really like basalt and marble for building, although the volcanoes are fugly as hell right now, and not very lava'y.
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15143 on: January 02, 2012, 01:54:51 pm »

volcanoes need more lava :P
But yeah, saw is nice.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #15144 on: January 02, 2012, 01:55:41 pm »

I really like basalt and marble for building, although the volcanoes are fugly as hell right now, and not very lava'y.
Only one of the "patterns" is like that.  There's a couple volcanoes on Jaycraft that are pretty cool guys.

EDIT: It also helps when they're not getting cut off by chunk borders.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:58:25 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: January 02, 2012, 01:56:56 pm »

I've only seen one type so far, I usually end up harvesting them completely for the basalt
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: January 02, 2012, 01:59:11 pm »

Get on to N@W, we're about to get Stormhaven de-fired :P
Sorry for slight derail, but it was a must.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: January 02, 2012, 02:04:44 pm »

I lag around Stormhaven at the best of times :P
The standard chain of command applies.
*Hugs*

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: January 02, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

but having the empress online would give us a morale boost! at least a +20% on all our combat skills!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: January 02, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »

And a 25% back-to-fight speed increase.
And we need arrows. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 1380