Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421844 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15105 on: January 01, 2012, 10:57:41 am »

first episode is out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0swoHbdK-0&feature=youtu.be

i warn once more: my pronunciation is something only a dorf can survive to.
I'll check it out in a bit!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: January 01, 2012, 12:04:21 pm »

Finally got a nuclear reactor up and running. Unfortunately, while moving on to the next step in dismantling my machinery and moving to a larger, better planned-out location, the game went into saving chunks and froze. Trying to load the world again just immediately causes it to save chunks again. Blarg. Guess I should start backing up saves. I wish I had at least intentionally caused a meltdown before breaking that world.

On an unrelated note, as much as I like the idea of having a single source of energy that works across all mods (i.e. using IC power on BC machines), on further consideration I think the power systems are fundamentally incompatible. IC machines take power when they have something to do, while BC machines only do something when they get enough power. This means converting power from IC->BC sucks power like a mother. I think this time I will just keep the power system separate, or at least only use IC power on BC machines that actually have something to do all the time (pumps, refineries, quarries, etc).

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15107 on: January 01, 2012, 12:44:59 pm »

So now that Notch is much further from the center of minecraft dev, what is happening?

Who do I follow for the next big update?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15108 on: January 01, 2012, 12:47:53 pm »

Jeb
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: January 01, 2012, 12:53:57 pm »

I thought everyone knew that already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15110 on: January 01, 2012, 01:21:53 pm »

On an unrelated note, as much as I like the idea of having a single source of energy that works across all mods (i.e. using IC power on BC machines), on further consideration I think the power systems are fundamentally incompatible. IC machines take power when they have something to do, while BC machines only do something when they get enough power. This means converting power from IC->BC sucks power like a mother. I think this time I will just keep the power system separate, or at least only use IC power on BC machines that actually have something to do all the time (pumps, refineries, quarries, etc).
I agree to a point. For this reason whenever I am operating, say, a quarry I have the on switch for the quarry or whatever other BC machine also wired to turn on/off the power flow so its never blasting power when its not needed, and I regulate the power metered out by using transformers. I still run everything in my BC complex from my solar farm and hydroelectric dam.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: January 01, 2012, 01:26:01 pm »

Huh, apparently Thaumcraft determines the value of any items that are crafted by adding the values of the items which go into them.
That's pretty damn snazzy, and explains why Hybrid Seeds are so absurdly valuable.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #15112 on: January 01, 2012, 02:11:47 pm »

So I've been wondering, in regards to IC/BC: Is it possible to pump water straight into a watermill, cutting out the need for buckets? If not that, then is there at least any way to bring a liquid out of a BC holding tank without a bucket? It always irked me that, for all the automation BC provides, you'd have to manually handle liquids in a rather tedious manner.
I remember a mod which made a bucket filler. You'd pump water in one side and buckets in the other and it would fill the buckets so you could move those to the watermill then extract the empty buckets for more water.

I'll look for it later on and see if its updated.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: January 01, 2012, 02:24:12 pm »

Redpower machines should be able to do that.  The Deployer can use empty buckets on BC liquid tanks to fill them.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: January 01, 2012, 03:20:58 pm »

So I've been wondering, in regards to IC/BC: Is it possible to pump water straight into a watermill, cutting out the need for buckets? If not that, then is there at least any way to bring a liquid out of a BC holding tank without a bucket? It always irked me that, for all the automation BC provides, you'd have to manually handle liquids in a rather tedious manner.

Surely you can pump out of a tank with a wooden waterproof pipe?

As for the watermill, since it works either by watercells/buckets in the machine, or water tiles surrounding the machine, you probably can't pump straight water directly into it.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: January 01, 2012, 03:24:31 pm »

So, how would I go about using renewable fuels to power buildcraft engines? Because I'm running out of coal as it is, and it's getting really hard to find more fuels.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15116 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:13 pm »

Make a fuckload of charcoal?

I have an electric furnace that does nothing but churn out charcoal.

Also, does anyone else think Biofuel is completely not worth the effort? I'm pretty sure it costs more in terms of power to make than it generates, not to mention the amount of tin you have to pump into it. The only reason I consider it is because a tiny wheat farm brings in several hundred wheat a day.
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: January 01, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »

Actually, Biofuel was buffed, now it's pretty great.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15118 on: January 01, 2012, 03:33:14 pm »

Yeah, but in the time I make one can of biofuel I could have made a full stack of charcoal.
So that's about 256 000 EU - the energy used to smelt the logs.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15119 on: January 01, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »

I started a new world with Mo'creature and Metallurgy mod, after digging a cave shortly before night I decide to explore a little bit, I got in a fight with a werewolf and after using 2 stone sword on it. It dropped a golden apple. then I started to expand my cave and at least 4 rat dropped in, they killed me and my respawn point was populated by 2 creeper and a spider.
Needless to say I raged.

How did you kill the werewolf? They require a gold tool to be killed.
They do not. Gold tools hurt them more, though.

Quote from: Maker of Mo Creatures
You can see it in daylight, but it will transform back into human form in no time. The only way to kill this beast is by using gold items (Think of it as the Minecraft silver). You have been warned, don't face one if you don't have a gold sword. It drops gold apples, stone or steel tools.

I used 1/3 of a diamond sword before i realized I couldn't kill it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 05:22:43 pm by Micro102 »
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1380