Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423276 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14685 on: November 25, 2011, 11:53:23 pm »

Except for the lagtrees of rubber.
The current stuff is prerelease; if anyone can fix it by the time she's done it's definitely Eloraam; she's already integrated what is basically a custom Commodore 64 emulator into a small series of blocks, including floppy drives and the like, inside of Minecraft.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14686 on: November 26, 2011, 12:22:43 am »

Why is it that when you go down into the depths via a cavern you see little to no Mobs, fill your inv with ores and mats and on the way up bump into 3 or more creepers/zombies/skeles that maul you to death, and on the trip back to get the goods, the caverns are CHOCK FULL of Mobs....

I died to a creeper, started going back down and bumped into 3 creepers and 2 zombies in a little pack which killed me, got caught between three skeles, a death from above zombie, later creeper and then 2 creepers kiting me into eachother...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: November 26, 2011, 12:46:53 am »

I think there are some minimalist texture packs that may help reduce your lag (instead of 16x16 block sprites, they go down to 8x8, 4x4, or 1x1).

Edit: Ah, you're talking about the browser version. Never mind!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:48:50 am by Flying Carcass »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14688 on: November 26, 2011, 12:51:19 am »

Why is it that when you go down into the depths via a cavern you see little to no Mobs, fill your inv with ores and mats and on the way up bump into 3 or more creepers/zombies/skeles that maul you to death, and on the trip back to get the goods, the caverns are CHOCK FULL of Mobs....

I died to a creeper, started going back down and bumped into 3 creepers and 2 zombies in a little pack which killed me, got caught between three skeles, a death from above zombie, later creeper and then 2 creepers kiting me into eachother...
The code literally calls their spawns when you're NOT there, with the exception of spawner blocks themselves, which are only active when you ARE.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14689 on: November 26, 2011, 12:55:01 am »

When you first login most of the mobs aren't spawned in far areas.

Then they spawn over time, and going out is hella harder than going back in.

Quick dives after an area is freshly loaded are vastly more likely to be safe.

OwlEpicurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14690 on: November 26, 2011, 12:55:53 am »

As I said, the game runs at a decent FPS when I'm not moving the mouse, so I don't think adjusting the in-game graphics would help much, even if I could get the other texture packs.  There's something up with the mouse - it lags on the desktop when I first boot up the computer, too. 

Also, I just tried reinstalling Java 7 and uninstalling Java 6.  Now Minecraft (and anything else requiring Java) won't run at all. :'(

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14691 on: November 26, 2011, 12:59:03 am »

well, for me, beta/gold went better than creative, and I'm on a 1999 IBM with an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 and .6 processor :P
OptiFine helps a lot.
Not sure about Java though, you might have to change system settings or something...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

OwlEpicurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14692 on: November 26, 2011, 01:16:32 am »

well, for me, beta/gold went better than creative, and I'm on a 1999 IBM with an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 and .6 processor :P
OptiFine helps a lot.
Not sure about Java though, you might have to change system settings or something...

Do you mean that beta/gold ran better?  I'll probably buy the game and download OptiFine as soon as I get Java working again.  I did a system restore to before I started messing with Java.  Now, instead of giving me an error message saying I need to install Java, the browser just crashes.  Meh.  I'll have to deal with it in the morning.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14693 on: November 26, 2011, 01:50:57 am »

Java 7 is supposed to perform better for MC from everything I've heard. I dunno how much Optifine would help - integrated graphics by Intel can only do so much, generally.

For what it counts for, I've got an integrated intel chipset and it runs fine with optifine although generally any mods like millenaire or whatever tend to make it a bit choppy. And it's still not capable of handling the giant rubbertrees in Redpower 2.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14694 on: November 26, 2011, 03:59:55 am »

So, I am building a massive fortress on the faction server blue is admin on, but have no idea how I'm gonna build it. What I want is:

- the walls have to be double hollow, enough for every block to have a sign on it on the inside.

- there will be a (very) large mansion on the inside, and there should be room for at least 20 houses and yards and maybe some other large cool stuff like parks or statues.

- it has to be cool and fortress...y looking  :P

Does anyone want to help me plan it out? I have no idea how to start going about it. Maybe there is a program or something I can use?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14695 on: November 26, 2011, 04:10:21 am »

Why do you want signs inside the walls?  ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14696 on: November 26, 2011, 04:20:28 am »

idiotic mob end up falling down between the signs, thinking they are full when they are empty.
moaty way.

a suggestion is to use dirt to "carve out" the basic dimensions. then build around it.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14697 on: November 26, 2011, 04:43:26 am »

idiotic mob end up falling down between the signs, thinking they are full when they are empty.
moaty way.

a suggestion is to use dirt to "carve out" the basic dimensions. then build around it.

Haha, good idea but no. the server has protective signs. If I have a layer of them inside all with my name and on obsidian, They cannot be destroyed by anyone but an admin. Hell, even I can't destroy them.

And the design is the problem. I need some sort of grid to plan things out.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14698 on: November 26, 2011, 04:47:24 am »

you could try changing texture pack to use one more "griddy" . then take a gridded paper and start working on it.
engineer style.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14699 on: November 26, 2011, 04:50:28 am »

Nah, I was thinking something more along the lines of the paint application with  more grid and copyable things. But paper should do.
Pages: 1 ... 978 979 [980] 981 982 ... 1380