Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424487 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14430 on: November 21, 2011, 09:14:06 pm »

Double and triple check your ports and that he is using the correct IP.

Nothing changed from when I ran beta except for some hijinks with save file locations. (World is now in the folder with minecraft_server rather than .minecraft/world)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14431 on: November 21, 2011, 09:18:52 pm »

Nothing changed from when I ran beta except for some hijinks with save file locations. (World is now in the folder with minecraft_server rather than .minecraft/world)

He is using the correct IP, and my router is connected to another computer, and I can access the server, so I'm sure my ports are forwarded correctly (same as they were last time)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14432 on: November 21, 2011, 09:43:00 pm »

So let me get this right: a> they knew who Yogscast was but didn't know that they swear somehow  and
b> agreed to pay them even though nobody else wanted to be paid?

That just sounds stupid to me. Surely one person at Mojang has watched more than one episode of their million-subscriber series and could tell them if they thought it would be an issue.

I also raise my eyebrow at anyone who would bring their kids to THE CITY OF SIN
They didn't know who the yogscast really was I think.
On camera they act all nice and fun but off camera notch has described them as
"they claim they're the reason minecraft is big and that we should thank them more than anyone else in the community. They're total dicks"
"A kid wanted them to sign something I had signed, and they said they'd cross it out and put "fuck you" there instead."
"Everyone else in the Minecraft community is all about respecting and caring. They're not. They're an isolated island of egos."
In case you haven't read in the post in one of the other pages.

Also, take this elsewhere.  Start a new thread or something.

No, this is about notch/minecraft so we will talk about it here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14433 on: November 21, 2011, 09:47:44 pm »

He is using the correct IP, and my router is connected to another computer, and I can access the server, so I'm sure my ports are forwarded correctly (same as they were last time)
Are you sure you gave him your external IP (aka the one from this site) to connect with, not your 192.168.1.* address? You need to add a colon and the port number after the address to make it work if you're using a port that isn't the default 25565 port.
Also make sure that you aren't using your external IP in server.properties, you use the internal 192.168.1.* address for that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14434 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:05 pm »

Are you sure you gave him your external IP (aka the one from this site) to connect with, not your 192.168.1.* address? You need to add a colon and the port number after the address to make it work if you're using a port that isn't the default 25565 port.
Also make sure that you aren't using your external IP in server.properties, you use the internal 192.168.1.* address for that.

O thx, I am wondering why I am able to use my 192.168 IP though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14435 on: November 21, 2011, 09:56:36 pm »

You can use it because you're on the same internal network as the server.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: November 21, 2011, 10:35:35 pm »

So let me get this right: a> they knew who Yogscast was but didn't know that they swear somehow  and
b> agreed to pay them even though nobody else wanted to be paid?

That just sounds stupid to me. Surely one person at Mojang has watched more than one episode of their million-subscriber series and could tell them if they thought it would be an issue.

I also raise my eyebrow at anyone who would bring their kids to THE CITY OF SIN
They didn't know who the yogscast really was I think.
On camera they act all nice and fun but off camera notch has described them as
"they claim they're the reason minecraft is big and that we should thank them more than anyone else in the community. They're total dicks"
"A kid wanted them to sign something I had signed, and they said they'd cross it out and put "fuck you" there instead."
"Everyone else in the Minecraft community is all about respecting and caring. They're not. They're an isolated island of egos."
In case you haven't read in the post in one of the other pages.

Also, take this elsewhere.  Start a new thread or something.

No, this is about notch/minecraft so we will talk about it here.
If you're going to talk about it, let's discuss some more recent revelations.

A report from a staffer with a negative opinion of the Yogscast.
A report from a staffer who worked closely with the Yogscast.
A sort of character witness from Total Biscuit.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:01 pm »

Okay, I guess I don't know what or who to believe anymore.
I guess we will have to wait untill the yogscast themselves say something about this in one of their videos.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14438 on: November 21, 2011, 11:08:01 pm »

Whether or not he's right, Total Biscuit does have a good point about the Minecraft community. Its not something from MLP thats all respectful and caring all the time. There are a lot of idiots, and egos, and assholes in it. Plenty of nice people anyway, but thats not the point really.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14439 on: November 21, 2011, 11:12:43 pm »

Whether or not he's right, Total Biscuit does have a good point about the Minecraft community. Its not something from MLP thats all respectful and caring all the time. There are a lot of idiots, and egos, and assholes in it. Plenty of nice people anyway, but thats not the point really.

Hey, the MLP fandom isn't that nice

at least to it's characters :P

To other fandoms... they tolerate them, but they're intolerant about intolerance, and I simply can't tolerate that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14440 on: November 21, 2011, 11:16:00 pm »

I gotta call him on this. The minecraft forums are the biggest pile of ignorance and hatred I've seen in a long time.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: November 21, 2011, 11:16:32 pm »

I think he may have been comparing them to Deadmou5, who apparently preformed for free because he liked the game and was extremely nice about things despite the club hijacking their thing and ushering in a bunch of unrelated jerks because that performer sells well.

I guess the lesson to be learned is never trust assholes on the internet.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14442 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:02 pm »

I guess the lesson to be learned is never trust

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #14443 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:10 pm »

In my opinion, the MC forum is one of the many assholes of the internet. Avoid at all costs; get in, download mods, get out; etc.

Also, I really like TB's comments, and I can really see where he's coming from. Notch and his crew seriously have no idea how to really run everything with how large they are. Minecon was a ridiculous thing that came out of nowhere. Hell, the company itself was a ridiculous thing that came out of nowhere.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14444 on: November 21, 2011, 11:25:23 pm »

Minecraft is a ridiculous thing that came out of nowhere.
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1380