Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425257 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14100 on: November 17, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »

To release a game without proper NPCs in and stuff is just insane. This release has been rushed and it shows in the vanilla gameplay.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: November 17, 2011, 04:11:54 pm »

Wait, buh, NPCs AREN'T in 1.0? I really missed that somehow. And it seems pretty strange considering it's the "full release".

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: November 17, 2011, 04:12:59 pm »

Did I ever once say that your oh-so-precious mods lack new content?

Shall we review, children?

Gee, that sure doesn't sound like very much new content or a greater challenge at all </sarcasm>

I'm noticing a pattern here.

Passive-aggresive much?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: November 17, 2011, 04:14:22 pm »

Nah, just a bit surprised. It's still gonna be awesome. The problem with passive-aggressiveness is that I rarely do it myself because most of the time I wouldn't know it if it hit me on the face.

I haven't even played anything except the very first prerelease to contain my anticipation. My friends are gonna have a 1.0 party.

EDIT: Oh wait, wasn't directed at me.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: November 17, 2011, 04:14:38 pm »

Wait, buh, NPCs AREN'T in 1.0? I really missed that somehow. And it seems pretty strange considering it's the "full release".

I usually check Notchs twitter daily and haven't seen it mentioned. I'm not sure though.

Another one that someone mentioned a few pages back is the maps. You can't rename them yet apparently, or hang them on walls like they said you'd be able to.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: November 17, 2011, 04:15:04 pm »

Fixed for quotiness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: November 17, 2011, 04:17:05 pm »

And yes, I HAVE heard of total conversion mods, and all the stuff for Bethesda games. I don't often use them.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14107 on: November 17, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »

Cool, there are a few more things than I thought but none of it changes my opinion of the vanilla game. It's still extremely limited in scope. I do like the enchanting system as it was presented, though I haven't tried it out yet.

I still plan to give it a month and remake my mod pack before trying the 'release' game.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: November 17, 2011, 04:22:26 pm »

Personally, my new favorite feature is the potion system. I got to demo it in one of the early 1.9 prereleases. If there really are thousands of potions, me and my friend will discover all of the best combinations.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: November 17, 2011, 04:24:14 pm »

And yes, I HAVE heard of total conversion mods, and all the stuff for Bethesda games. I don't often use them.
And no one is saying you must use them. But they exist. People like them. All those features you list? I find boring. All the features the mods I install add? I find fun. Simple as that. you and I are playing very different games for very different reasons. Problem is, you seem to be saying there is something WRONG about using mods to change the focus of the game to something I actually enjoy.

Personally, my new favorite feature is the potion system. I got to demo it in one of the early 1.9 prereleases. If there really are thousands of potions, me and my friend will discover all of the best combinations.
Agreed. It's the only new feature that's of any interest to me... well, almost. I'm also intrigued by the fact that the game now supports finite dimensions(see: the end). Not because of the End itself, but due to what the might mean for mods.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: November 17, 2011, 04:25:18 pm »

And no one is saying you must use them. But they exist. People like them. All those features you list? I find boring. All the features the mods I install add? I find fun. Simple as that. you and I are playing very different games for very different reasons. Problem is, you seem to be saying there is something WRONG about using mods to change the focus of the game to something I actually enjoy.

Mods are badwrongfun?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14111 on: November 17, 2011, 04:25:45 pm »

I want EE to introduce pocket dimensions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: November 17, 2011, 04:34:43 pm »

I personally couldn't care if people find the additions boring. I find some parts of Galactic Civilizations or Dwarf Fortress boring, but I still play it.

What irritates me:

New stuff is being added. The new stuff doesn't interest me. Therefore, nothing new is being added.

Logical disconnect FTL.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14113 on: November 17, 2011, 04:39:21 pm »

I personally couldn't care if people find the additions boring. I find some parts of Galactic Civilizations or Dwarf Fortress boring, but I still play it.

What irritates me:

New stuff is being added. The new stuff doesn't interest me. Therefore, nothing new is being added.

Logical disconnect FTL.
Who exactly are you referring to here?

Nobody claimed nothing new was being added. I did say that I don't care about the new stuff though because it sounds boring.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: November 17, 2011, 04:40:55 pm »

What irritates me:

Logical disconnect FTL.
Didn't you say something about not putting words in people's mouths a few posts back?
Nobody said there wasn't anything being added.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1380