Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425373 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14070 on: November 17, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »

I just hope that older maps are compatable with the new update. I've got some awesome features in my world that I don't want to lose :(

FAKE EDIT: Also mushroom biomes, IIRC. Complete with "mooshrooms"  :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14071 on: November 17, 2011, 02:33:43 pm »

Oh and isn't snow/snow biomes coming back?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14072 on: November 17, 2011, 02:34:24 pm »

Yeah, they're back in RC2.

I'm not hugely psyched for the release, because we've already been given everything in the prereleases so far.
But YMMV.
*Hugs*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: November 17, 2011, 02:35:23 pm »

I haven't been able to play the pre-releases, for some reason, so I'm greatly looking forward to all of the changes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14074 on: November 17, 2011, 02:35:45 pm »

Yeah, they're back in RC2.

I'm not hugely psyched for the release, because we've already been given everything in the prereleases so far.
But YMMV.
Which is why I never played the prereleases and pretended they didn't exist.  :)

I'll probably give it a month for all the major mods to catch up after release then remake my mod pack and play again.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14075 on: November 17, 2011, 02:37:49 pm »

...You're not even gonna try the new release in vanilla? D:

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #14076 on: November 17, 2011, 02:38:18 pm »

Why would I? It's the same game except enchanting + an end boss.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14077 on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:42 pm »

Why would I? It's the same game except enchanting + an end boss.
So...

• You complain about lack of end-game content. Use mods to fill void
  • End-game content is added
  • You shrug and continue messing with mods

Whatever.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14078 on: November 17, 2011, 02:48:22 pm »

A single dragon which provides a credit screen versus a ton of new stuff to craft and new blocks to mess with.
*Hugs*

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: November 17, 2011, 02:53:53 pm »

End game content? From what I've seen, the "end-game content" in this new version is... one boss. Oh, and some enchanting that takes massive amounts of time to grind the xp for. Mods add new things to MAKE, and many now features. This adds one more thing to kill. (and in fact, one more thing to kill... that can only be killed once.)

Edit: Darn it. I got ninjad by a much more concise reasoning.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14080 on: November 17, 2011, 02:55:33 pm »

I do find it humorous that the end-boss is a dragon, coinciding with Skyrim, along with the Bethesda lawsuit thing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: November 17, 2011, 02:59:13 pm »

(flaming removed)

• Strongholds and their nether counterparts are to get pretty difficult to navigate and survive, especially with new nether mobs that drop important items.
  • Just finding an End portal can be a time-consuming, and then you must farm a somewhat rare mob in order to get enough drops just to fix the damn thing.
  • Once in the End, you are attacked by Endermen, which will teleport frequently and can easily rush you if you aggro too many at once. You also have the dragon to contend with, which regenerates health from difficult-to-reach platforms (though you can destroy them with arrows, assuming you brought enough) and can still kill your ass.

(flaming removed)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:56:02 pm by Toady One »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: November 17, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »

Why do people have such a stick up their ass about how people play a game? I agree that waiting for Mods is a great idea. This is why I use minecraft portable.

Oh and I don't care for boss battles or that stuff. I like new stuff to actually do. Stuff like new machines that do stuff, new ores etc. Hence why I use mods.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:06:18 pm by Briggsy16 »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: November 17, 2011, 03:05:44 pm »

Vanilla: Get diamond armour and weapons, wander around looking for a stronghold, build a cobble tower so you know where it is. Spend ages killing Endermen to get the relatively rare drop so you can fix the portal. Go into the end and have swarms of annoying teleporting mobs attacking you, that you can kill in about 2 hits, until you kill a dragon and get credits. Farm nether mobs for potion ingredients.

Industrialcraft: You set up your base, mine for the usual ores and begin to set up machinery, over time you build up a sprawling complex of machines and generators powering them, in the end you get some tools that increase the speed you can mine at, get some good armour, and can fly in short bursts with the jetpack.

Equivalent Exchange, you make a nether portal and collect glowstone, then you mine for diamonds so you can make the devices required to advance to the next stage of gameplay, once you have those you begin investing resources in obtaining really powerful gear that makes the game much easier and less of a grind.

Gee, those mods are just shit at adding in content, eh?

And of course, even with the two aforementioned mods, you can still do all the stuff you can do in vanilla.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:07:40 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14084 on: November 17, 2011, 03:09:59 pm »

Vanilla: Get diamond armour and weapons, wander around looking for a stronghold, build a cobble tower so you know where it is. Spend ages killing Endermen to get the relatively rare drop so you can fix the portal. Go into the end and have swarms of annoying teleporting mobs attacking you, that you can kill in about 2 hits, until you kill a dragon and get credits. Farm nether mobs for potion ingredients.

Industrialcraft: You set up your base, mine for the usual ores and begin to set up machinery, over time you build up a sprawling complex of machines and generators powering them, in the end you get some tools that increase the speed you can mine at, get some good armour, and can fly in short bursts with the jetpack.

Equivalent Exchange, you make a nether portal and collect glowstone, then you mine for diamonds so you can make the devices required to advance to the next stage of gameplay, once you have those you begin investing resources in obtaining really powerful gear that makes the game much easier and less of a grind.

Gee, those mods are just shit at adding in content, eh?

And of course, even with the two aforementioned mods, you can still do all the stuff you can do in vanilla.

Add in Buildcraft to make your elaborate machines even more elaborate. Add in a mod that increases farming potential, ie Xies Farming.

Add in stuff like double doors opening when you just click one, actual simulated sleeping and minor mods like that and it really starts to flesh the game out to the point where it's what I want it to be.

I just think Notch has a different direction for Minecraft then I want it to be.
Pages: 1 ... 937 938 [939] 940 941 ... 1380