Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425552 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13995 on: November 13, 2011, 02:18:02 pm »

Arg I spawned in world of literally, all water with a few islands scattered in
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: November 13, 2011, 02:53:24 pm »

Is there any pack that i could download that has IC2, buildcraft, and equivalent exchange installed? Since i just noticed that stuff out of technic pack is out of date.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: November 13, 2011, 02:54:58 pm »

You can just turn them off in the config files for redpower. That's what I did.

Also I updated everything in the Technic Pack anyway, it's worth doing as EE has changed massively and there's a few modules missing out of Redpower. Just use IDResolver to sort out ID problems.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #13998 on: November 13, 2011, 03:45:39 pm »

You will basically never find a premade mode pack that will always be completely up to date. Many modders just release too many versions too quickly for a pack to keep up, multiple versions in rapid succession is a massive headache to troubleshoot, especially where SMP is involved, due to the number of versions, sometimes modders even have two or more versions in development simultaneously (usually a stable version that just gets bugfixes, and a less stable version where new features are still being added).

To get exactly the pack you want at exactly the versions you want, you basically MUST learn to install your own mods, otherwise you are just about guaranteed to be at least a day behind the latest update for at least one of the mods. With most mods, thankfully, it's about as simple as installing ModLoader, sometimes a bit harder as you have to install Forge as well, and then everything after that first Minecraft.jar edit is just dropping .zip files into the .minecraft/mods/ folder (But always read the instructions in the first post, as at least one mod has a few extra files to drop in .minecraft/resources/). The only hard part is solving ID conflicts, and there are even mods to help with that as well.

Most people who have problems with installing mods themselves just have issues reading the instructions, mismatch versions (Minecraft 1.9 with a 1.8.1 mod?), or have problems reading the error logs when something crashes on startup (usually a missing dependency (What? I needed to install Forge as well?!?) or an ID conflict). With patience and reading, almost all of the problems can be solved with just a bit of effort. Also, once you have installed mods manually the first time, the next ones are extremely easy and quick.
Eh?
Eh!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: November 13, 2011, 05:16:15 pm »

Technic SSP probably won't be updated until after 1.9 is out and all the mods are updated for it. They're too busy with adding Bukkit version of their SMP pack and everything is likely to change next week anyway so why bother?

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #14000 on: November 13, 2011, 05:20:58 pm »

Well crap, that's going to be a while because they're reverting the version to 1.0 on the 18th...

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14001 on: November 13, 2011, 05:58:02 pm »

Yeah there wont be a 1.9 for a long time in case you didn't know Tilla.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #14002 on: November 13, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »

When he says 1.9 I'm pretty sure he means the 1.9 pre-release equivelent. So probably 1.0

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: November 14, 2011, 01:46:46 am »

Am I the only one extremely disappointed with the direction Minecraft ended up taking? Seeing the new PR/RC stuff made MC a lot less appetizing.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14004 on: November 14, 2011, 01:57:31 am »

I agree with that a little bit. Nothing in the 1.9 pre-releases seems to have really enhanced the vanilla feel very much; potion brewing and dragonslaying and enchanted equipment all feels a little tacked-on, more like an officially-incorporated mod than an update to the game. I was hoping Notch would pull some magic that tied it all together, but it looks like that's not going to happen before 1.0.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14005 on: November 14, 2011, 01:58:58 am »

Exactly. Minecraft still feels like a patchwork game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14006 on: November 14, 2011, 02:06:54 am »

I kinda think Notch is rushing the whole "full release" thing.

I mean, look at Dwarf Fortress: It's been in alpha for who-knows-how-long, but it has a ton of features and most everything fits together. I'm perfectly fine with that.

I'd also be just fine if Minecraft stayed in beta for a while longer. Vanilla doesn't need new features as much as it needs said features tomesh together perfectly.

I mean, you can't even pick up those
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Surely Notch needs some sort of plan for them!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: November 14, 2011, 02:08:44 am »

I agree with that a little bit. Nothing in the 1.9 pre-releases seems to have really enhanced the vanilla feel very much; potion brewing and dragonslaying and enchanted equipment all feels a little tacked-on, more like an officially-incorporated mod than an update to the game. I was hoping Notch would pull some magic that tied it all together, but it looks like that's not going to happen before 1.0.

Took the words right out of my mouth. It seems like Mojang just doesn't realize what made minecraft so popular and unique in the first place. Either that or they are just adding on superfluous and ill-fitting features so that they can release a "finished" version of a game that was essentially done months ago.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #14008 on: November 14, 2011, 02:10:56 am »

I'm not sure if the ore dictionary was included with Technic pack, but they should play nice.
The ore dictionary is part of Forge.  If Technic doesn't have it, well, that just gives me another reason to never touch the damn thing.
Besides, as far as I know they didn't even include RP World or Machines, due to them being "incomplete." Not sure where they get off saying that, given that none of RedPower is "complete," but...
Technic was done before the ore dictionary was done anyway.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: November 14, 2011, 02:23:29 am »

Took the words right out of my mouth. It seems like Mojang just doesn't realize what made minecraft so popular and unique in the first place. Either that or they are just adding on superfluous and ill-fitting features so that they can release a "finished" version of a game that was essentially done months ago.

Indeed. I don't agree with them making final bosses, or even adding an ending to that! Terraria had bosses, and was practically a Minecraft clone, granted. But they didn't add endings to that game, and each world was a unique biome, instead of a boss arena with tons of endermen floating in the nothingness.

Minecraft is a sandbox game, and they kinda forgot what that means.

EDIT: If they wanted to add bosses, they should add 'super beings', which have high health, high damage, are not to be underestimated by just cherry tapping them.

Something like a boss to unlock a dungeon would be alright, but a boss that ends the game? No way.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:25:50 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1380