Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426391 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13575 on: October 26, 2011, 11:12:02 pm »

They also seem to sometimes just spontaneously explode despite not being in range of a person to explode near.
Nah, that's just Herobrine planting TNT.
Is that why I sometimes hear random explosions using technic pack?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:07 am »

Try ID Resolver, automatically takes care of ID conflicts for you./url
It causes some problems of its own though because it overwrites classes which are used by forge and other mods. It can also cause issues with mods which can't have their block ID's changed.
There's a version of it for MC Forge, It hasn't buggered anything in my current install up so far.
*Hugs*

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: October 27, 2011, 03:36:34 am »

I found this thing recently as a method of speeding up minecarts. :D, gonna have to try this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:02:19 am by Heliman »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: October 27, 2011, 03:57:55 am »

I found this thing recently as a method of speeding up minecarts. :D, gonna have to try this.

Uhhhh what. Check your link...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: October 27, 2011, 04:00:15 am »

*laughs*
fuck, okay, I'll change that in a sec.

Oh crap! didn't do shit, just click Redwarrior's thing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:02:48 am by Heliman »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: October 27, 2011, 05:24:37 am »

Fixed your link.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: October 27, 2011, 07:42:40 am »

*laughs*
fuck, okay, I'll change that in a sec.

Oh crap! didn't do shit, just click Redwarrior's thing.
You have two http-s in your link.

Anyway, it might have been a bad idea to try nuking the nether. It lags even worse than when I nuked the village.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Lag dissapeared now, time to get some better screenies.
EDIT2:
Spoiler: screenies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:47:37 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: October 27, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »

Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this awful tearing?

It just showed up one day- literally nothing changed between two play sessions except for the tearing showing up. Since then, I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled various mods, forced Minecraft to update repeatedly, completely deleted the .minecraft folder to clean it out for the Technic Pack, installed the Technic Pack, tweaked almost every option on Optifine, updated Java to the latest version and it's still there. Taunting me. Making everything look terrible. Thanks in advance for any efforts to which you may go.
I used to get it, it's caused by forcing antialiasing from whatever graphics software you have (Nvidia/ATI)
Eeeee-nope.

Anisotropic filtering, not anti-aliasing.
Forcing AA works 100% fine.  Murders FPS for not a whole lot of benefit in a game of this nature, but does work.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:50 pm »

So, 1.9.5 is live. The enderdragon is now killable, and going by the wiki, drops 20 000 XP :o
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13584 on: October 27, 2011, 06:43:06 pm »

Anyway, it might have been a bad idea to try nuking the nether. It lags even worse than when I nuked the village.
EDIT: Lag dissapeared now, time to get some better screenies.
EDIT2:
Spoiler: screenies (click to show/hide)
For the sake of pun...

HOLY HELL!!!!

:o

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13585 on: October 27, 2011, 06:45:33 pm »

For the sake of pun...

HOLY HELL!!!!

:o

:-\

>:(

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: October 27, 2011, 06:46:48 pm »

Those large explosions are the reason I make my nuclear reactor underwater, surrounded by obsidian, and in the middle of the ocean.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: October 27, 2011, 06:58:41 pm »

So, 1.9.5 is live. The enderdragon is now killable, and going by the wiki, drops 20 000 XP :o

And it has an awesome Legend of Zelda style death animation
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: October 27, 2011, 08:50:59 pm »

Quote from: kakermix
TECHNIC MP v0.0.4

OMFG it's here! Finally a serviceable Technic game to play with your friends (sans Equivalent Exchange) We've got the latest Industrial Craft, BuildCraft, RedPower, Minefactory plus a new comer to the Technic world, RAILCRAFT which promises to 'fix' minecarts to how they should be. I hear there are potential problems with the highspeed rails when someone flies off the track and explodes so use caution with those, thanks. We also have all the delicious power crystals energy transfer mods, born out of Technic.
RedPower is getting very awesome but is still a work in progress, to a point to where RedPower 'World' and 'Machines' aren't complete, but the glimpses they provide into the potential future of this mod are pretty incredible. Keep this in mind.

A few notes:
----------------
With the new-fangled Ore Dictionary that is a part of Minecraft Forge now ores can be shared across mods. So, RedPower copper is the same as Industrial Craft copper as far as the mods go, meaning you can macerate RedPower copper and use Industrial Craft copper to make redwires. Because of this we've elected to disable the redundant ores in redpower, otherwise you get both spawning in your world and that's silly.

Some things are just generally buggy. IC2's sounds can get extra funky if 2 people have jetpacks within earshot, or the quantum suits can get fucked up if 2 people are wearing them close to each other.

Minefactory is set by default to use Buildcraft power. Meaning if you've used it before and used a timer, now you have to connect it to BC energy, either in the form of an engine directly connected to it or a power pipe connection.

Xie's farming mod works great, but the cooking mod is half-broken. The stoves, campfires and bonfires are all pretty much dead or really broken. You can't make any of the fancy pancakes or stir frys, but you can still make sandwiches and fry eggs in a normal (or Ic2 electrical) furnace.

We don't have an out-of-the-box Linux server yet, however this one will work. The problem comes from the fact that ModLoader gets it's load order from the OS, meaning on Windows you do it alphabetically. Slap some z's on a mod and it will load last. Linux uses creation date so the way around this is to merge all the mods from the 'mods' folder into the minecraft.jar itself. If you're pro enough to use Linux you're pro enough to figure it out before we get it!

You have a CLIENT and a SERVER download. The Client you should be familiar with, install it on a clean and fresh 1.8.1 Minecraft install, select your options and off you go. Note that the recipe books are single player only, they are there for you to jump in single player to see how you create things. Too Many Items is in as well, but if you aren't an OP on whatever server you join you just get an ugly inventory screen without the ability to spawn anything.
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE DO A "FULL" INSTALL because you are supposed to pick ONE Optifine to install. If you're a baller you'll install the multi-threaded one. If you a chump you install the standard. If you're ironic as fuck you install the middle one. What you don't do is install all of them at once, because you'll break the client.

The SERVER doesn't have a fancy installer, instead you have a 'Jar' folder and a 'Server' folder. Put the files in the 'Jar' folder in your minecraft server.jar directly. DO NOT DELETE META-INF or you'll break the server.
The 'Server' folder is meant to have it's contents dumped in your minecraft server directory, sitting where your server.jar is.

Configs are already set to avoid any block ID problems so everything should be golden.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4g6j7lihlhas913 Client Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?kmnikhysyqkz7gy Server Download
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:04:18 pm by Tilla »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13589 on: October 27, 2011, 09:04:25 pm »

It was actually just released in that very thread. :P
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1380