Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426444 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13545 on: October 25, 2011, 11:12:16 pm »

On modpacks: I'm making a modpack for a modern-style PvP server - Guns, minimap, planes and such, and a server to go with it. I'm like 40% done.
Anyone want to make/download some fighting maps? :P (mostly FFA, but maybe i will work out team games)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: October 25, 2011, 11:13:09 pm »

Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this awful tearing?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It just showed up one day- literally nothing changed between two play sessions except for the tearing showing up. Since then, I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled various mods, forced Minecraft to update repeatedly, completely deleted the .minecraft folder to clean it out for the Technic Pack, installed the Technic Pack, tweaked almost every option on Optifine, updated Java to the latest version and it's still there. Taunting me. Making everything look terrible. Thanks in advance for any efforts to which you may go.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13547 on: October 25, 2011, 11:20:04 pm »

It just showed up one day- literally nothing changed between two play sessions except for the tearing showing up. Since then, I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled various mods, forced Minecraft to update repeatedly, completely deleted the .minecraft folder to clean it out for the Technic Pack, installed the Technic Pack, tweaked almost every option on Optifine, updated Java to the latest version and it's still there. Taunting me. Making everything look terrible. Thanks in advance for any efforts to which you may go.
I used to get it, it's caused by forcing antialiasing from whatever graphics software you have (Nvidia/ATI)

ColdSpiral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: October 25, 2011, 11:25:43 pm »

Anyone know if there's any world generators out there for floating islands/planets?
I want to make a world where I fly around in a zeppelin harvesting resources from the sky and expanding my flying fortress.

I've been running FlyingIslands alongside Technic without any problems. It's not completely what you're after, but it takes hemispheres of the ground and shifts them up into the sky, leaving a crater. It's apparently fairly customisable, too. Youtube preview here.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:56 pm »

I used to get it, it's caused by forcing antialiasing from whatever graphics software you have (Nvidia/ATI)

I wish that were the case, but anti-aliasing is set to "application-controlled" in the Nvidia menu, and forcing it off doesn't make a difference.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:25 pm »

I wish that were the case, but anti-aliasing is set to "application-controlled" in the Nvidia menu, and forcing it off doesn't make a difference.
Have you tried turning off "advanced openGL"? I'm not sure it's got something to do with that but it's worth a try.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: October 26, 2011, 06:34:47 am »

I may have to gen a new world.

Edit the third: I can confirm that at least some of the IC ores spawn in the Biospheres, I just found some uranium by the lava pool on my starting island.

Edit once more: The only odd thing is the oil, which seems to have stuck to the normal world spawning, so there's lots of oil geysers just floating above the void.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:33:26 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: October 26, 2011, 07:36:56 am »

Problem here, I updated the additional pipes mod, and it broke TMI. Just the page with the pipes, but its a very important page cause it contains the philo.

How do I fix Too Many Items?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: October 26, 2011, 07:40:59 am »

Is it making your item numbers go all dark an' shizz?
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13554 on: October 26, 2011, 07:41:57 am »

Problem here, I updated the additional pipes mod, and it broke TMI. Just the page with the pipes, but its a very important page cause it contains the philo.

What do you mean by 'broke'? I have additional pipes working with TMI.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: October 26, 2011, 08:08:52 am »

What do you mean by 'broke'? I have additional pipes working with TMI.
As did I. I replaced additional pipes with a newer version.
Spoiler: what it looks like (click to show/hide)
Note the fact that my inventory shows as blank, even though its filled with stuff, and it doesnt show the save things to the left, the crafting sign above crafting is missing, and an icon is in the wrong place.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this only happens on that particular page.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:11:13 am by cerapa »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: October 26, 2011, 08:21:12 am »

Note the fact that my inventory shows as blank, even though its filled with stuff, and it doesnt show the save things to the left, the crafting sign above crafting is missing, and an icon is in the wrong place.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this only happens on that particular page.
That happened to me when updating Buildcraft when using technic pack. I'd assume its a ID conflict.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13557 on: October 26, 2011, 10:12:00 am »

Yeah could be an item ID conflict but I thought conflicting ID's would just override the conflicting ID rather than error. Try backing up your .jar and installing id resolver?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: October 26, 2011, 01:57:12 pm »

Nuclear testing.

That used to be a mountain.

Guess where my uranium is going now?

EDIT: And now Im tempted to nuke a nearby village.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:11:40 pm by cerapa »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: October 26, 2011, 02:32:08 pm »

Modify the config file for max size nukes.

It just makes a 5^2 chunk circle to bedrock.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1380