Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426504 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13530 on: October 25, 2011, 02:44:14 pm »

I'm still surprised at how nice the worlds can look.

I'm working on 32x32 textures and items for RedPower2 at the moment which is why there are pink flowers and rubber trees in the shot above.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13531 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:01 pm »

I'm still surprised at how nice the worlds can look.

I'm working on 32x32 textures and items for RedPower2 at the moment which is why there are pink flowers and rubber trees in the shot above.
That looks nice! Have you done packs for IC2, Buildcraft or BTW?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: October 25, 2011, 02:52:00 pm »

Anyone know if there's any world generators out there for floating islands/planets?
I want to make a world where I fly around in a zeppelin harvesting resources from the sky and expanding my flying fortress.

the closest thing I can think of is the biosphere mod , from the same person as the modloader. It changes world generation so that instead of normal land, it creates big spheres in the sky linked by bridges. Fairly interesting, I have always wanted to try it together with Planes mod.
Do you know if Biospheres mod will work with other mods that alter world gen like redworld? I want volcanos in my biospheres!

I doubt it, but I don't know how the biosphere mod works, so it might be worth trying.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13533 on: October 25, 2011, 02:56:11 pm »

Anyone know if there's any world generators out there for floating islands/planets?
I want to make a world where I fly around in a zeppelin harvesting resources from the sky and expanding my flying fortress.

the closest thing I can think of is the biosphere mod , from the same person as the modloader. It changes world generation so that instead of normal land, it creates big spheres in the sky linked by bridges. Fairly interesting, I have always wanted to try it together with Planes mod.
Do you know if Biospheres mod will work with other mods that alter world gen like redworld? I want volcanos in my biospheres!

I doubt it, but I don't know how the biosphere mod works, so it might be worth trying.
Think I might do some science when I get home.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: October 25, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »

The Biosphere mod won't work with mods that alter worldgen.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: October 25, 2011, 03:04:25 pm »

Cheers. I have but they all need updating. For IC2 someone has updated them for me.

I'm not sure how much work BTW will take to get updated. The last I released was for v2.92.

The RedPower2 stuff isn't finished but I have posted a WIP in my texture pack's topic. To save you digging for it here's the download.

You can find everything else by clicking the image bellow:

A double resolution graphics pack that stays faithful to the originals.

/advert
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13536 on: October 25, 2011, 03:23:32 pm »

What about mods that just cause new ores to spawn like the copper/tin/etc?

Cheers. I have but they all need updating. For IC2 someone has updated them for me.

I'm not sure how much work BTW will take to get updated. The last I released was for v2.92.

The RedPower2 stuff isn't finished but I have posted a WIP in my texture pack's topic. To save you digging for it here's the download.

/advert
Fantastic, I'll certainly dig into them. I've been assembling my personal modpack for a few days now and testing everything out. These will certainly go in!

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: October 25, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »

What about mods that just cause new ores to spawn like the copper/tin/etc?

I'm not 100% sure about those, but I do know the Biosphere mod radically changes the way the vanilla ores are distributed so it's still likely to be incompatible somehow.  In the best case you'd just have a really hard time finding/getting to the new ores.

/advert

My twisted mind keeps reading that image mirrored.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:14:04 pm by Rhodan »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: October 25, 2011, 06:54:11 pm »

Fantastic, I'll certainly dig into them. I've been assembling my personal modpack for a few days now and testing everything out. These will certainly go in!
When you get that done, please do share.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: October 25, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »

Hm... For whatever reason, my game freezes after I put in ModLoader. It's a lot like if I hadn't removed the META_INF folder, but I did. And double checked, and triple checked, for that matter.

Any thoughts?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13540 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:03 pm »

When you get that done, please do share.
I'll consider it, but if I do it will be only within B12. A lot of mod authors don't like people making mod packs and distributing them.

Incidentally, I've spent several hours on getting all of this working so far. I finally figured out how to get Nature Overhaul to work with Better Than Wolves... !!! that was a real head scratcher but it all /seems/ to work now so I'll resume !SCIENCE! testing of the other mods' compatibility.

Seems that Nature Overhaul alters some of the base classes that forge uses. Forge is required by a lot of mods. By installing NO first and then overwriting it with forge it seems to work fine but I don't know what functionality in NO you will lose. I have confirmed that my main concern, that of trees and such automatically spreading and growing/dying, still works.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13541 on: October 25, 2011, 08:08:45 pm »

Feh! I'm just going to have to drop nature overhaul. It's a fantastic mod but seems to be causing problems.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: October 25, 2011, 09:02:17 pm »

Hm... For whatever reason, my game freezes after I put in ModLoader. It's a lot like if I hadn't removed the META_INF folder, but I did. And double checked, and triple checked, for that matter.

Any thoughts?

Do you have any other mods installed?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: October 25, 2011, 09:21:57 pm »

Any thoughts?

Do you have any other mods installed?
Nope. Actually redownloaded the entire .minecraft folder earlier to make sure.

It was originally with the Tale of Kingdoms, but removing that .zip from the mods folder confirmed that the problem is at least partial Modloader.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13544 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »

Ok! My mod pack.

I will provide it here premade for any bay12er who wants it. PM me if you would like a link to the pack.

Edit: For tonight I'll just post the mod pack as I'm going to bed soon.

This is a link to a zip file. Within the zip file is a .minecraft folder.

Do not alter the folder.

Back up and delete/move your old .minecraft folder and place this one there.

I can't make this any simpler for you. Please do not PM me requesting technical assistance. If the mod pack doesn't work for you, I'm sorry.

You'll probably need a fairly powerful computer to run this with all of the mods.

Enjoy!

Note: While I have tested this pack quite a lot, I make no claims about its stability. There is so much stuff here that there's no way I can comprehensively test it all. It -should- all work together and not crash. I was able to generate several worlds and play around in them.

I have not (yet) added in any texture packs or anything so it is vanilla graphics. If you have your own texture pack or whatever feel free to use it.

Spoiler: modpack contents (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:46:18 pm by forsaken1111 »
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1380