Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426536 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13515 on: October 25, 2011, 10:58:00 am »

Errm, sorry for sounding like an idiot, but do you guys know of fun mods that mesh well with the painterly pack?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: October 25, 2011, 11:09:30 am »

Okay, delaying an on signal is extremely easy and I am just a moron. An and gate and a repeater is what you need.

For people wondering, I am doing a maximum efficiency cobblestone generator that detects when a cobblestone has been generated.

EDIT: Should work, but doesnt.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:17:09 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: October 25, 2011, 12:00:48 pm »

Okay, delaying an on signal is extremely easy and I am just a moron. An and gate and a repeater is what you need.

For people wondering, I am doing a maximum efficiency cobblestone generator that detects when a cobblestone has been generated.

Wha? Doesn't your average cobblestone generator always have cobble stone for you to pick away at?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: October 25, 2011, 12:03:59 pm »

Does this tale of kingdoms mod work with the Technic Pack?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: October 25, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »

Wha? Doesn't your average cobblestone generator always have cobble stone for you to pick away at?
Nope. I arent picking at it. I am transporting it

If you dont have a sensor, then you will either make it move cobblestone at a slower rate than it grows, thus being inefficient, or you make it faster, meaning that the piston starts going back and forth and stopping cobblestone from being created.

The problem I am having is with the sensor. I cant fit it in with a pushing piston, and a pulling piston would require another sensor, which doesnt fit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: October 25, 2011, 12:10:59 pm »

If you dont have a sensor, then you will either make it move cobblestone at a slower rate than it grows, thus being inefficient, or you make it faster, meaning that the piston starts going back and forth and stopping cobblestone from being created.

The problem I am having is with the sensor. I cant fit it in with a pushing piston, and a pulling piston would require another sensor, which doesnt fit.

I don't understand. How are you transporting cobblestone with a cobblestone generator? Are you just making a long row of cobblestone with pistons?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: October 25, 2011, 12:22:12 pm »

I don't understand. How are you transporting cobblestone with a cobblestone generator? Are you just making a long row of cobblestone with pistons?
Yep.

Some further thinking has led me to believe that my method is in fact, impossible. Looks like its back to the boring and simple generators for me.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13522 on: October 25, 2011, 01:04:45 pm »

Well, if that's the case, you could set it up like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Where once the cobblestone reaches a certain point it allows a signal to continue.

Well, I could be wrong about how redstone current can travel through blocks, as I havent used the stuff in a while.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:07:15 pm by Micro102 »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: October 25, 2011, 01:10:03 pm »

Putting a redstone torch under that could work, that would power the block above it. But it might not work... lemme try this on my build...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: October 25, 2011, 01:22:41 pm »

Putting a redstone torch under that could work, that would power the block above it. But it might not work... lemme try this on my build...

Much better then what I was thinking. But I excuse myself for that for I am also rushing a thesis paper  :)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: October 25, 2011, 01:27:28 pm »

Anyone know if there's any world generators out there for floating islands/planets?
I want to make a world where I fly around in a zeppelin harvesting resources from the sky and expanding my flying fortress.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13526 on: October 25, 2011, 01:41:44 pm »

While we're on the topic of cobble generators, using the detector block from BTW and the block breaker from redpower I made an automated cobblestone generator which is just fun to watch.

Then I set 3 up in a row. It's raining cobblestone! (they were on the ceiling...)

Now redpower tubes route the cobble to a buffer chest, then more tubes pull them out of the buffer and into an alchemical chest with a gem of eternal density.

And advanced buildcraft pipes (additonal pipes mod) pulls only diamonds out of the alchemical chest and crafts them into diamond blocks.

Its... Its just so satisfying. It took a long time to set up, but its damn satisfying to see it all working. All done with no cheating, no TMI item spawning. (Goddamn the Gem of Eternal Density takes a long time to make at first...)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: October 25, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »

Well, if that's the case, you could set it up like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Where once the cobblestone reaches a certain point it allows a signal to continue.

Well, I could be wrong about how redstone current can travel through blocks, as I havent used the stuff in a while.
Dun work like that.

Anyway, the sensor I use is:
     XR
TRRRB
BBBBB
(sideview)
If there is a cobblestone at x, then it cuts the signal, if there isnt one, it goes through.

The problem I have is that lava and water take out an axis where I could put a pushing piston. And a pulling piston wouldnt work...
unless I put a sensor to the place where I want the cobblestone to be transported at the end, and make a complex timing system that makes all the pistons push at the right times..

Fuck yes, this shit is now solved. Couldnt do it without the really nice wall attaching ability of redpower, but shit be solved.

Does anyone know if magma movement is globally resolved at the same time?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13528 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:30 pm »

Anyone know if there's any world generators out there for floating islands/planets?
I want to make a world where I fly around in a zeppelin harvesting resources from the sky and expanding my flying fortress.

the closest thing I can think of is the biosphere mod , from the same person as the modloader. It changes world generation so that instead of normal land, it creates big spheres in the sky linked by bridges. Fairly interesting, I have always wanted to try it together with Planes mod.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13529 on: October 25, 2011, 02:23:07 pm »

the closest thing I can think of is the biosphere mod , from the same person as the modloader. It changes world generation so that instead of normal land, it creates big spheres in the sky linked by bridges. Fairly interesting, I have always wanted to try it together with Planes mod.
Do you know if Biospheres mod will work with other mods that alter world gen like redworld? I want volcanos in my biospheres!
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1380