Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426603 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13485 on: October 25, 2011, 02:23:54 am »

In my opinion, EE actually blends a lot more into the original game than IC and BC do. It just feels like a natural extension of the game, rather than these random-ass machines and shit that were just piled together.
I... hold the exact opposite opinion. IC meshes well with resource collection and giving you things to help you out. EE has an arbitrary scale of upgrading tiers that makes finding resources a joke. Everything has changed from materials that can do specific things to every material being part of a universal fluid resource. You don't need to find Redstone before doing Redstone stuff anymore, just transmute cobble or iron up, it's just a lower point value.

But these are just opinions, to each their own.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: October 25, 2011, 02:38:17 am »

I find all three clash. EE ruins resource management, and all three are far beyond the implied tech level of vanilla Minecraft. You wont see me modding my game with much more then aesthetic mods.

My mods:

OptiFine
Minimap
Modloader
Zombie Dismemberment

Thats it. The only other mod I see that I am remotely interested in is Water Shaders... but unfortunately, I have no idea how to get that working with OptiFine and Modloader.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:40:37 am by Rex_Nex »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: October 25, 2011, 02:44:58 am »

We are the trifecta of opinions.

Now we need somebody to represent having both and we will be well-balanced on everything.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13488 on: October 25, 2011, 02:48:11 am »

In my opinion, EE actually blends a lot more into the original game than IC and BC do. It just feels like a natural extension of the game, rather than these random-ass machines and shit that were just piled together.
I... hold the exact opposite opinion. IC meshes well with resource collection and giving you things to help you out. EE has an arbitrary scale of upgrading tiers that makes finding resources a joke. Everything has changed from materials that can do specific things to every material being part of a universal fluid resource. You don't need to find Redstone before doing Redstone stuff anymore, just transmute cobble or iron up, it's just a lower point value.

But these are just opinions, to each their own.
That's what I like about EE though. It makes everything frustrating about Minecraft easy to deal with (IE, why the fuck can't I find any iron when I have 10 diamonds?). It also makes sure that no resources are useless, nothing goes to waste, and nothing can't be used.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: October 25, 2011, 02:50:58 am »

What you find frustrating I enjoy. And while I understand the differences of materials being frustrating at times even for me, it just makes the whole system too fluid. I kinda like having tiers of things I need to reach before advancing. Little plateaus that take struggle to reach and attain, which unlock a whole 'nother level of goodness. EE has that a bit with the Dark Matter, but everything below it becomes a single resource you need to accumulate. Where IC embraces the resources one has EE vaults over it.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:10 am »

This is why I play with Tale of Kingdoms and Balkon's WeaponMod.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: October 25, 2011, 02:59:13 am »

Actually, you need redstone and lightstone dust in order to make a Philosopher's Stone, making Equivalent Exchange an extension of the current vanilla endgame. (Ignoring the lame Ender Pearl recipe of course)
You'll still have to get to redstone to do redstone stuff.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: October 25, 2011, 04:41:54 am »

If I wanted to use EE, I may as well just use too many items; it cheapens the feeling of satisfaction I get from engineering something.
Thank you based dwarf.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13493 on: October 25, 2011, 06:57:27 am »

I like having BTW, EE, IC2 and Buildcraft all installed with Redpower in the mix as well. Because I like building crazy machines which use parts from every mod.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: October 25, 2011, 07:11:36 am »

Actually, you need redstone and lightstone dust in order to make a Philosopher's Stone, making Equivalent Exchange an extension of the current vanilla endgame. (Ignoring the lame Ender Pearl recipe of course)
Getting redstone is a 5 minute (max) task.  I don't know how much redstone is needed for that stone since EE would be on my no-fly list, but redstone is not hard to find at all.  I usually end up tossing redstone to make room for more important things.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13495 on: October 25, 2011, 07:27:15 am »

Getting redstone is a 5 minute (max) task.  I don't know how much redstone is needed for that stone since EE would be on my no-fly list, but redstone is not hard to find at all.  I usually end up tossing redstone to make room for more important things.
You need a whole 4 redstone dust to make the philosopher's stone. The annoying part is the 4 soulstone dust which takes marginally longer and requires you to waste 3 diamonds on a diamond pick. (or drill if you have IC2)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: October 25, 2011, 07:28:37 am »

You can make glowstone dust using redstone and gold dust if you have IC.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: October 25, 2011, 07:35:05 am »

Which is another instance of both mods sorta mucking with their individual balances and not really playing well with eachother.

Granted the Alchemist Stone takes a while to get, but it doesn't require much of those resources. One vein of Glowstone, one small chunk of Gloestone, a few odd materials for a slime ball and you got it, every resource is a fluid part of a general universal resource.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: October 25, 2011, 08:09:24 am »

Am I an exception in the fact that I can just not do things?

If you think getting glowstone is too easy, then dont use that method.
If you think the alchemists stone makes getting everything too easy, then simply limit how much you use it.
If you think a macerator or something makes it too easy to get a bunch of iron and gold, then dont use it.

Sandbox game, you can control everything about the game by controlling yourself.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: October 25, 2011, 08:38:24 am »

Sandbox game, you can control everything about the game by controlling yourself.
...or by not using the mods... which is what we were saying.  I see no reason to install it because I think it imbalances my game.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1380