Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426583 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13470 on: October 23, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »

I wish someone would make the electric cables compatible with the redpower cover plates so you can fit them into walls more easily.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13471 on: October 24, 2011, 03:28:26 am »

Man, Balkon's Weapon Mod is awesome when used with Tale of Kingdoms.
No more long searches for iron, because now I can buy the weapons.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: October 24, 2011, 04:16:12 am »

Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft and Eloorams Redstone mods all have smp versions out for 1.8.1.

Pain in the ass to get installed but incredifun
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: October 24, 2011, 04:45:13 am »

I wish someone would make the electric cables compatible with the redpower cover plates so you can fit them into walls more easily.
I love those plates, both for design and for hiding stuff.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13474 on: October 24, 2011, 06:46:05 am »

Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft and Eloorams Redstone mods all have smp versions out for 1.8.1.

Yep, now if only EE would make an SMP version. :)

In SMP the redpower covers and miniblocks are very buggy. They will often vanish visually but still be there leading you to get stuck if you walk over them. Can sometimes be solved by placing and removing a torch but its annoying.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13475 on: October 24, 2011, 11:55:16 am »

How I wish EE would work for SMP. I can imagine the battles as a small faction of EE users work to defeat the horde of IC and buildcraft users, with their lasers, jet packs, and teleportation devices, and vice-versa.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #13476 on: October 24, 2011, 01:07:18 pm »

The real battle would be between nuke and destruction catalyst / catalytic lens users.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13477 on: October 24, 2011, 11:01:16 pm »

The real battle would be between nuke and destruction catalyst / catalytic lens users.
How I wish EE would work for SMP. I can imagine the battles as a small faction of EE users work to defeat the horde of IC and buildcraft users, with their lasers, jet packs, and teleportation devices, and vice-versa.
Unless you get blocks that can withstand blockbusters there wont be any battles because there is nothing to defend.

Did you get an error when you tried? I had to use ID Resolver but it works for me and I have most of the mods that are in technic.
Every time i've tried to get the mods i like, or just an update to the technic ones I've had bad results so I've stopped trying now.
Last thing that happened was after using ID resolver. My mountain Factory got sucked into a timewarp and got reversed from half a mountain to a whole one. with my factory inside the top.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:09:17 pm by Ivefan »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13478 on: October 25, 2011, 12:08:26 am »

I just noticed, ctrl zooms in  :o

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13479 on: October 25, 2011, 12:18:11 am »

It's part of Optifine.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: October 25, 2011, 12:56:41 am »

It's part of Optifine.

Huh, I do recall installing that. Had no idea it worked on SMP as well. Interesting.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: October 25, 2011, 02:02:59 am »

Yep, now if only EE would make an SMP version. :)

In SMP the redpower covers and miniblocks are very buggy. They will often vanish visually but still be there leading you to get stuck if you walk over them. Can sometimes be solved by placing and removing a torch but its annoying.

I usually just disconnect and reconnect to resolve the cover/halfblock display issues, which in turn resolve the other bugginess.

How is EE? I haven't played it because I've fallen too in love with industrial and buildcraft and I fear the game would be broken if I were to throw EE into the mix.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13482 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:08 am »

How is EE? I haven't played it because I've fallen too in love with industrial and buildcraft and I fear the game would be broken if I were to throw EE into the mix.

Diamonds, Massive Holes, moar diamonds, flying, faster bigger holes, diiiaamoondsss, from pits to erasing of all land within reach, all dark matter items, forgets about all things IC, goes and kills everything in sight while being immortal.

That's pretty much EE. 1 stack of dark matter blocks and a philosophers stone is enough to have anything you ever wanted.

I think it's equal to 4,718,592 cobblestone.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:17:24 am by Micro102 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: October 25, 2011, 02:17:11 am »

With vanilla stuff and BC, IC is well balanced. It provides bonus resources that come at a price, lots of infrastructure to set up and various tiers to achieve.

With vanilla EE takes a long time to get the good stuff. Dark Matter is an extremely expensive and sought after material, and shifting everything around doesn't provide any real problems in itself. The rates of exchange are fair for what you spend and what you get.

Combine the two, the bonus +1 of materials for IC and the material fluidity of EE, and you can create positive feedback loops of resources. This leads to getting Dark Matter faster than anticipated, which breaks EE into a massive overflow of power.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13484 on: October 25, 2011, 02:19:54 am »

In my opinion, EE actually blends a lot more into the original game than IC and BC do. It just feels like a natural extension of the game, rather than these random-ass machines and shit that were just piled together.

Of course, IC and BC are both well balanced on their own too. But blending EE in with them just feels a little weird.

It's still fun as hell though.
Pages: 1 ... 897 898 [899] 900 901 ... 1380