Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426953 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13275 on: October 18, 2011, 01:47:44 pm »

I am.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: October 18, 2011, 02:16:48 pm »

I finally got around to fully automating my glowstone aggregator factory!
After sleeping with Somnia, I can estimate the output at 19 diamonds per day.
Spoiler: Mods shown (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:21:42 pm by Peewee »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: October 18, 2011, 02:35:49 pm »

How does one get a list of the added Mods to their Minecraft game? WITHOUT having to go through each one slowly or by putting a mod that would make it crash???
If you have Modloader installed go to your .Minecraft Folder, then to your Config Files, and finally to the ModLoader CFG file, and it should have all your mods listed there along with options to shut them off or on.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: October 18, 2011, 02:46:06 pm »

I am.
Cool, I was just planning on hosting a server with my friends, Flan's mods and bukkit plugins. They're not officially updated yet for Bukkit, but some of them are and I'm setting up the plugins to go with them. If anyone's interested/willing to help PM me.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: October 18, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »

That modular boats thing actually doesn't appeal to me that much. I'd rather have it be like the Zeppelin mod, wherein I could build my own damn boat and activate it  with a certain part.
I would really hate it if anybody tried to make it like the zepplin mod. It's an ambitious tech demo but has some really crippling bugs that make many features one would want very jarring and sloppy. Unless Notch figures out a way to add really complex collision detection between large entities and terrain blocks(Like the version of the ender dragon that can land, and all the hotboxes and animations that required) I don't really see either version working. And if either version worked the entity-based one would be much less of a headache, less buggy and be more reliable in regards to collisions and logistics.

I like the idea of an entity being constructed as if one were using blocks, but I know the nightmare that would be required in making it work and really dislike all the implications of such a system.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: October 18, 2011, 04:42:40 pm »

Anybody know a good arrangement for Solar Panels to gather large quantities of energy ? I currently have all the basics of IndustrialCraft2 finished, and I am currently working on gathering some basic materials (Rubber, Tin, Copper, Iron, Sand, Redstone, Lapis Lazuli, and Sand Mostly). Once I have a large amount of those I am going to focus on getting a Quarry up from the BuildCraft Mod, and find a couple of Oil Deposits to route back to my base. (Currently just a small 12 by 9 three block high House, and a small mining tunnel, and two side rooms leading out into a ravine.)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: October 18, 2011, 04:58:58 pm »

How does one get a list of the added Mods to their Minecraft game? WITHOUT having to go through each one slowly or by putting a mod that would make it crash???
If you have Modloader installed go to your .Minecraft Folder, then to your Config Files, and finally to the ModLoader CFG file, and it should have all your mods listed there along with options to shut them off or on.
Slow adwarf is slow... Already answered and I have already posted the results, last page mate...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: October 18, 2011, 05:02:44 pm »

Slow adwarf is slow... Already answered and I have already posted the results, last page mate...
Sorry was reading through, and found the answer like thirty seconds after I had posted School dulls my senses, so not all my fault.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13283 on: October 18, 2011, 05:05:50 pm »

Anybody know a good arrangement for Solar Panels to gather large quantities of energy ? I currently have all the basics of IndustrialCraft2 finished, and I am currently working on gathering some basic materials (Rubber, Tin, Copper, Iron, Sand, Redstone, Lapis Lazuli, and Sand Mostly). Once I have a large amount of those I am going to focus on getting a Quarry up from the BuildCraft Mod, and find a couple of Oil Deposits to route back to my base. (Currently just a small 12 by 9 three block high House, and a small mining tunnel, and two side rooms leading out into a ravine.)

Link them to an array of MFE's if you have the diamonds. I usually build each solar flower around a battbox and link them all to an MFE for transmission to the house then a LV transformer turns it into low voltage current and from there copper cables take it where it needs to go.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: October 18, 2011, 05:09:38 pm »

Thanks forsaken that will help with energy collection (As well as save me a large quantity of coal)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13285 on: October 18, 2011, 05:10:57 pm »

There are other arrangements but I like this one because it breaks down to units of 5 panels. It is easy to expand and can fit in a small area if you want to compact it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: October 18, 2011, 05:14:07 pm »

There is always tin cables now, which can only take 3 eu/t but won't lose energy for 40 blocks or so(Probably changed, but it's still quite a bit more than 5 blocks). You can use paint rollers to make a flat web of cables like this. Those things have no possibility for insulation though, so they always shock you for like three hearts of damage.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13287 on: October 18, 2011, 05:15:38 pm »

There is always tin cables now, which can only take 3 eu/t but won't lose energy for 40 blocks or so(Probably changed, but it's still quite a bit more than 5 blocks). You can use paint rollers to make a flat web of cables like this. Those things have no possibility for insulation though, so they always shock you for like three hearts of damage.
That is incredibly inefficient resource-wise for transmission of power over any distance, and iirc you can't use paint rollers on uninsulated cable anyway so they'd have to be staggered out even further.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: October 18, 2011, 05:16:41 pm »

For any other purpose yes, tin cables are crap.

For solar panels, however, they work wonderfully.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: October 18, 2011, 05:22:31 pm »

I am using an insulated cable to feed energy directly from my Solar Panel to my generator.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:33:29 pm by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1380