Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427038 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13170 on: October 16, 2011, 12:14:10 pm »

I wish there was a PvP server that had everything unprotected.

AKA an anarchy server? There are a few of those. No rules except for no cheating.
Full of backstabbing & stealing, everyone's base is hidden, you are not safe anywhere near the start location, the start location is a barren wasteland, sometimes no whitelists, etc.
I have had my some of my best times on MC playing that way.
Thank you based dwarf.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: October 16, 2011, 12:17:24 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:03:23 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: October 16, 2011, 12:50:21 pm »

What the hell is going on?!
Whenever I try to play with a mod, like FiniteLiquids or Clay Soldiers, the game crashes.
I have modloader, I have META-INF deleted, it still crashes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: October 16, 2011, 12:56:42 pm »

Check version compatibility numbers; I at least know the liquids mod is only up to 1.7.something

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: October 16, 2011, 12:56:50 pm »

What the hell is going on?!
Whenever I try to play with a mod, like FiniteLiquids or Clay Soldiers, the game crashes.
I have modloader, I have META-INF deleted, it still crashes.
Any mod?  Are you trying to play in-browser instead of downloading and running Minecraft.exe ?  Because that doesn't work.

Other than that, try deleting the bin subfolder and starting from scratch.  Make sure the game works, then delete META-INF.  Test again.  Then install a tiny mod that doesn't need Modloader, like TooManyItems.  Test again.  One change, test, another change.  Oh yeah, do this on a newly-generated test world.

Are you by chance on a Mac?  If so, I read once that you don't delete the META-INF folder inside the .jar, you just delete all the files in that folder.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: October 16, 2011, 01:06:43 pm »

It's not the mods that are the problem, it's modloader!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: October 16, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »

I have discovered the elusive lava squid
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:48:17 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: October 16, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »

I wish there was a PvP server that had everything unprotected.

AKA an anarchy server? There are a few of those. No rules except for no cheating.
Full of backstabbing & stealing, everyone's base is hidden, you are not safe anywhere near the start location, the start location is a barren wasteland, sometimes no whitelists, etc.
I have had my some of my best times on MC playing that way.
I have to agree. There is brutal joy to be had, living in the hills, looting the newbies that try to camp in a nearby forest...good times. And it isn't very hard to bury your chest and disguise your camp.

Would you perhaps know a good, preferably well-populated server for it?

Are there often any rules on griefing/spawn-camping and so forth?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13178 on: October 16, 2011, 06:14:45 pm »

Most anarchy servers tend to not have ANY rules except for no cheating (where cheating is basically limited to hacking).

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »

OMG, I found a magma Ravine. Under ground. It twas awsome.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: October 16, 2011, 07:16:42 pm »

The Redpower mod, when you include Redpower World and Redpower Machines, feels like a lovely blend of Buildcraft, Redpower and that other mod with the autoharvester.  According to Eloraam's Blog there seem to be a lot more complicated machinery and blocks planned such as sensors and an actual working, programmable computer block.  As in an actual processor emulated in-game.  Check the blog, so awesome.
Redpower World also adds marble, basalt, volcanoes and giant rubber trees, though they don't seem to have a use yet.

All I'm really missing is an automated crafting table and it has all the bits that make the Technic pack great without going overboard. (For me at least).  The tubes also seem more intelligent than the buildcraft ones, and they work with the covers and panels.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: October 16, 2011, 07:39:55 pm »

Vechs is the biggest asshole to ever make maps~
Asshole in a good way, of course~
You bastard~

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: October 16, 2011, 07:59:08 pm »

The Redpower mod, when you include Redpower World and Redpower Machines, feels like a lovely blend of Buildcraft, Redpower and that other mod with the autoharvester.  According to Eloraam's Blog there seem to be a lot more complicated machinery and blocks planned such as sensors and an actual working, programmable computer block.  As in an actual processor emulated in-game.  Check the blog, so awesome.
Redpower World also adds marble, basalt, volcanoes and giant rubber trees, though they don't seem to have a use yet.

All I'm really missing is an automated crafting table and it has all the bits that make the Technic pack great without going overboard. (For me at least).  The tubes also seem more intelligent than the buildcraft ones, and they work with the covers and panels.
I'd somehow missed all the newer stuff and things she has planned. It's all looking and sounding great. I'm looking forward to creating double resolution graphics for it all.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13183 on: October 16, 2011, 08:07:18 pm »

Does all of that work in SMP?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: October 16, 2011, 08:11:16 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1380