Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427093 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13155 on: October 16, 2011, 12:07:25 am »

Always a smartass.

I can't be assed to wait, actually. I've played on dozens of servers and I don't care much for signing up to one more that will most likely be shut down a month from now. They never take 20 minutes. I'm not going to sit for days waiting for someone to -eventually- accept me and let me in. I just want to build a house on a cliff-face somewhere far, far away.

:)

I'm just fucking tired of griefers and registering doesn't seem to keep them out, just makes them fewer and smarter.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: October 16, 2011, 12:08:14 am »

Sadly, I have not found the same servers to be actually good. The admins don't seem to care too much and the whole "you have to vote us as the best server in order to play on our server" is idiotic.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: October 16, 2011, 12:53:07 am »

Play on the Lyoncraft server, based in this very forums, our one rule is don't be a dick!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: October 16, 2011, 01:43:33 am »

Planehacked is pretty stable and easy to get into, isn't it? Did they switch exclusively to a special project or something?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: October 16, 2011, 01:46:19 am »

Planehacked is pretty stable and easy to get into, isn't it? Did they switch exclusively to a special project or something?
When I got my white-listing it was days after I applied, it might be faster now, I don't know.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: October 16, 2011, 01:49:12 am »

When I got my white-listing it was days after I applied, it might be faster now, I don't know.
I applied to planehack a very long time ago, over 4 Months. I still haven't been whitelisted.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13161 on: October 16, 2011, 02:12:27 am »

Hmm. I'm tired of single-player. Time to ramp things up.

Anyone know a survival server that's not an utter pain to join? I like servers that don't whitelist just anyone, but Christ, having to register to forums and post and wait is too much of a damn hassle for me.
I'm currently playing on an australian server without a whitelist with very friendly admins.
We have a light pvp towny server and a hardcore pvp factions server.

I'm currently playing on the towny server which also has webauction in case you have heard of it.

If you want to try it out, towny IP is: 220.233.0.131 and faction pvp is 220.233.0.130.
If you want more attention from the admins there I would join towny first and say that I bluephoenix refered you.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: October 16, 2011, 02:13:56 am »

I applied to planehack a very long time ago, over 4 Months. I still haven't been whitelisted.
You may have fucked it up, I don't know.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: October 16, 2011, 02:17:09 am »

Huh that's odd. We probably lost your email, though that said there's only a few of us that can change the whitelist and we tend to be busy. Resend your details to the address, and I can clear you for open. Rules are fairly basic; no griefing, no hacking, and ask if you want to start a new building right next door to someone else. If it's out in the wilderness, you're probably good.

(Project's rules are a little more indepth, as it's a planned city)

Edit: Ack, scratch that. I'm having trouble logging into planehacked. I get in, can move around for a bit, and then get a javasocket exception :/ Anyway, send your details in, and I should be able to clear you within a day at most.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:42:29 am by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: October 16, 2011, 04:57:30 am »

Anyone know a survival server that's not an utter pain to join? I like servers that don't whitelist just anyone, but Christ, having to register to forums and post and wait is too much of a damn hassle for me.
I'm currently playing on an australian server without a whitelist with very friendly admins.

I'm currently playing on the towny server which also has webauction in case you have heard of it.

If you want to try it out, towny IP is: 220.233.0.131 and faction pvp is 220.233.0.130.
If you want more attention from the admins there I would join towny first and say that I bluephoenix refered you.

You got my hopes up. I was expecting a server were you can't protect everything you have. Chests are protected easily, even furnaces can be blocked off, and you can even make the area indestructible. I wish there was a PvP server that had everything unprotected.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: October 16, 2011, 05:43:05 am »

You got my hopes up. I was expecting a server were you can't protect everything you have. Chests are protected easily, even furnaces can be blocked off, and you can even make the area indestructible. I wish there was a PvP server that had everything unprotected.

Well, the hardcore faction server allows you to take control over the enemys territory if you killed enough players and you can build tnt cannons and bomb/destroy their base even if you haven't killed anyone.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:57:32 am by bluephoenix »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: October 16, 2011, 08:40:16 am »

Well, the hardcore faction server allows you to take control over the enemys territory if you killed enough players and you can build tnt cannons and bomb/destroy their base even if you haven't killed anyone.
Awwwww yea!
Thank you based dwarf.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: October 16, 2011, 09:20:09 am »

Always a smartass.

I can't be assed to wait, actually. I've played on dozens of servers and I don't care much for signing up to one more that will most likely be shut down a month from now. They never take 20 minutes. I'm not going to sit for days waiting for someone to -eventually- accept me and let me in. I just want to build a house on a cliff-face somewhere far, far away.

:)

I'm just fucking tired of griefers and registering doesn't seem to keep them out, just makes them fewer and smarter.

Planehacked has a deceptively easy whitelist system that filters most griefers and idiots. Feel free to send an email and we'll get to it shortly.

The last real griefer we had was way back in the summer/autumn of 2010, by my reckoning. That's pretty good.

You either:
  • Fucked it up, or
  • Had the email lost in the administration chaos way back.
It's stable now, so feel free to shoot another email.

It depends on how busy the guy running the email system is. It's rarely more than a few days.

EDIT: Actually, Ehndras, you already sent an email to us back in August, which was approved. Feel free to visit again when you want.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:26:54 am by lordnincompoop »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: October 16, 2011, 11:45:36 am »

The issue with that is simple: It's a dreadful system for the 23 hours a day you aren't online. PvP implies that you want to fight other people, not wait until they log off for the night and then raze their defenseless structures/steal their valuables.  :P

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: October 16, 2011, 12:01:55 pm »

I wish there was a PvP server that had everything unprotected.

AKA an anarchy server? There are a few of those. No rules except for no cheating.
Full of backstabbing & stealing, everyone's base is hidden, you are not safe anywhere near the start location, the start location is a barren wasteland, sometimes no whitelists, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1380