Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427154 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13110 on: October 15, 2011, 06:54:34 am »

abroad we have 3 main settlements, Port Forward in the desert ( by far the biggest and richest ( thanks to our new miner who has a very exagerated luck)), 12th bay north west of stormhaven ( owned by nowan, I keep forgetting B12 name) and Hollow's gate north of the sleeping forest ( MoM's new project)

I don't know much about the shared settlement with the wall.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: October 15, 2011, 07:55:40 am »

12th bay north west of stormhaven ( owned by nowan, I keep forgetting B12 name)
'tis me! anyone available come and help!

N@W is Nations at War, a faction-based building/PVP server. We have a B12 faction, but it's not very large or impressive.
The application section says that all applications are closed. We can't apply??? That sucks.
You can apply through referral though.

Speaking of N@W, the more I think about it the more I think finding a new space might be a good idea. I really don't like the weird lava-thing near our island, nor am I optimistic about the under-construction tower-thing.
The water/lava/cobble thing with yellow ring above it? 'Tis something i made, it was a "submission" for a contest...
Also, there's no nation in The Hollows yet. I'm going to have to go take a look and see if there's anything to that.
LAAAAG there!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: October 15, 2011, 08:04:06 am »

So, I've examined Hammersong's capital on N@W, and while it's nice that we're all hidden and such, we really, desperately need some Mountainhome that we can actually show people. The gate is nice, the lighthouse is alright, some of the wooden shacks are... thematic, at least, but aside from the shrine we've got almost nothing.

I mean, I went and visited Necropolis, and look at some of the nice stuff they've got:

Spoiler: Outside (click to show/hide)

And to be fair, I wouldn't mind if our only outside feature was a giant gate beckoning inwards, but we don't even really have that.

Spoiler: Classy Function (click to show/hide)

Even when they're being practical they're being classy!

Spoiler: Classy Class (click to show/hide)

To say nothing of when they're not.

Spoiler: True Progress (click to show/hide)

Let's face it, they're outclassing us in every way.

So, I guess there's two points to this. First of all, if you've got any interest in epic construction we desperately need your help.

Secondly, I need to know where to start. Do I start tunneling out a new entrance right at sea level? Find a new island? Build an undercity to our shared Wall settlement? I have unbridled ambitions, but I need to know where they'll fit.
Several things:
 - we have a shared Wall settlement?
 - I made bridges to nearby islands, you could go work on those
 - I feel most of the work is going to Port Forward right now
 - *raises hand for megaconstruction* *has no ideas though*

So... c ya ingame! :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: October 15, 2011, 08:07:23 am »

The Hollows lag so much that admins have to teleport people out of them.
Founding a new nation would require us to raze the current one and lose the 100K odd crowns that we've invested in it.
The tower thing belongs to Kbslayer and Archwing, it's still under construction.
The reason the island looks so crap is because we spend most of our time working on our settlements abroad, and there was that whole period where the entire nation consisted of Andrea, Maunoir and I.
And I'm not sure what you mean by the wierd lava thing.
Also, what's the deal with our shared/future shared settlement with The Wall? Is there some sort of city plan or aesthetic or something? Is there anything more complicated about the deal than "it's an X/Y settlement instead of an X settlement?"

Andrea and Tolyk have covered the rest, but basically no. It's just this is an X/Y settlement instead of an X settlement, I haven't really spoken to Hippi about it much.

And as for Necropolis stuff, they have way more members than we do, and have had for some time.
Also, the island we settled on wasn't ideal, and I wasn't leader when we settled there.

- we have a shared Wall settlement?

Yes, I've mentioned it several times.
*Hugs*

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: October 15, 2011, 08:26:06 am »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: October 15, 2011, 08:35:36 am »

- *raises hand for megaconstruction* *has no ideas though*

I have a few ideas for Dungeons... ((For N@W or Adventure Map))

1: Navy Raid. Foreigners come from distant lands to claim these lands for themselves. Four minor vessels each with a single Cannon flank a Larger vessel with numerous Cannons spread over its different levels are pointed towards the mainland and a known port town. Ready to fire hell and brimstone onto the Town. Warriors are tasked with making aboard the smaller vessels and sabotaging their cannons to misfire before the Fuse Burns and ignites each cannon before making to the larger vessel and finding and sabotaging their cannons. ALL of this to a timer that is activated via a Long Burning Furnace Clock - When the players board each vessel they must place 64 charcoal/coal into a Furnace containing Cobblestone or some longer burning product. When the Furnace finishes cooking the stone it will change state thus causing a redstone torch to activate the cannon...
Foes - Mobs forced Spawned or such. Trapped Rooms. Basic Puzzles. Time itself...

2: Dwarven Trial. Armok has called for your Judgement. And forced alone or with another through a series of Trials from Easy to Difficult Puzzles and Trapped rooms. Alone it will be hard, but with another you must rely on the other at times to get you through a room which is filling with water/magma, but most likely magma. Through out the Trial there is special items to collect, from Iron Bars to Golden Ingots and many temptations for gaining more then the normal when you are asked to care for another life. Sacrifice him for this room may earn you more rewards but doors may not be open to you on the future path and you ally might find it easier to... Fail... his assigned task when you find yourself on the other end...
Foes - Puzzles, Trapped rooms. And if played in Twoplayer Mode. Eachother. And perhaps something else...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: October 15, 2011, 11:36:06 am »

I found this random sign in the middle of nowhere using technic pack 1.7.3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What does it mean?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: October 15, 2011, 11:44:19 am »

I found this random sign in the middle of nowhere using technic pack 1.7.3
What does it mean?
Isn't Millinarie in 1.7.3?
Thank you based dwarf.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: October 15, 2011, 11:50:05 am »

Is millenaire in the technic pack  ::)

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: October 15, 2011, 12:10:54 pm »

My Cathedral of Blood, dedicated to Armok, built at around z-level 30 deep underground, on a survival multiplayer server.  All materials were gathered normally (The glowstone was the hardest), as well as the entire space being carved from solid rock/gravel/dirt, which took HOURS upon HOURS, since I did it alone.  Tens of thousands of blocks.. I forgot the exact dimensions, but its massive. 

Sadly, its not finished, although the part shown IS.  Behind/below where I'm standing in the screenshot (on a ledge), was to be the main alter, and directly behind where I'm standing, behind what was to be a large glass window, was the priest/high priest's quarters.  Neither the alter or the quarters were finished, although they were 70% dug out.

Sadly, the server it was on closed down, so all I have left of it is this screenshot and one of it being half-decorated.

The altar was going to have large amounts of gold and iron blocks, glowstone, and of course, magma-fountains.  The Door you see on the far side of the original picture was controlled by a server-addon that used iron blocks to control the disappearing of blocks.  They removed the feature for non-admins when pistons came out, which made my door completely useless (pissed me off to no end).

I had also planned on making a redstone contraption to allow the sacrificing of people stupid enough to pull the lever near the alter, but that wasn't finished.

Whatcha guys think? This was entirely done using survival mode, and just shows how little of a life I have past DF, Minecraft, and college.  :P
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: October 15, 2011, 12:27:41 pm »

Very impressive indeed. Such a shame the server closed.

If you're interested, I'd be willing to help out on a grander remake on a Bay12 server. I know I'll probably get shit for this, but the Planehacked server is rock solid with few map resets, and the Project server is intended to be a server for large-scale, long-term construction work; we generally try to preserve as much as possible there, and a host of people interested in building for things like these will regularly frequent the server to help out.

If you'd like to make another one in a more permanent home, just go to the thread and make the pitch - I'm sure you'll garner a lot of attention.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:22 pm »

If you guys plan on making a megaconstruction, I suggest recreating one of the famous fortresses made in DF.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: October 15, 2011, 12:35:16 pm »

Boatmurdered or Halltraded for sure. 

Anyways.. I'm not planning on going back to multiplayer until all these new updates come out and the game itself is fully released.  But once thats all done, I'll definitely check that server out. 
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: October 15, 2011, 01:12:27 pm »

I remember a mod that could convert DF maps into minecraft blocks.

I have no idea what happened to it though.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: October 15, 2011, 01:17:11 pm »

I remember a mod that could convert DF maps into minecraft blocks.

I have no idea what happened to it though.
You're looking for this and according to the last poster in that thread it still works as of 20/09/2011.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1380