Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427199 times)

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13065 on: October 14, 2011, 01:33:43 pm »

Personally I don't believe actual random values exist anywhere in the universe.  It just sounds a bit messy to me.  Unpredictable values, perhaps, which is just as good in the end.

Anyways, the neat tutorial posted by Peewee suggests pipes won't make items take turns that lead into full containers unless they have no choice, so once the first few aggregators fill up the efficiency should be the same.  I can't figure out what the gold pipes are supposed to achieve, though... The craft bench pops out dust in groups of 4, travelling in a single stack. So even when boosted they stick together and pop out when trying to fill a nearly full container.  I just seperate them using a chest and redstone engine.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13066 on: October 14, 2011, 01:46:32 pm »

Adding to BC discussion:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/653775-181bc222-buildcraft-teleport-pipes-now-called-additionalpipes-17-bug-fixes/

Distribution pipe evenly distribute to every output :)

Also, it's included in the newest Technic.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13067 on: October 14, 2011, 02:13:02 pm »

Hmm, note to self, don't left click block for the END portal in creative mode... oops.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13068 on: October 14, 2011, 02:18:45 pm »

Dam I really want to use the technic pack but if it doesn't have redpower then I'm not gonna be happy :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13069 on: October 14, 2011, 02:40:47 pm »

Adding to BC discussion:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/653775-181bc222-buildcraft-teleport-pipes-now-called-additionalpipes-17-bug-fixes/

Distribution pipe evenly distribute to every output :)

Also, it's included in the newest Technic.
That's pretty fantastic. I like the advanced wooden pipe too.

Edit: I'm at work right now. Can someone provide a link to the technic pack?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:44:35 pm by forsaken1111 »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13070 on: October 14, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »

Technic was posted a few pages back, but here it is anyway (v4.4.0, updated to 1.8.1): http://www.mediafire.com/?k5c7m7w1ktpt4dn

It has the ability to disable mods in the installer too. Personally, I disable Pirates and Millenaire. Pirates just seem too annoying, and Millenaire is laggy as fuck.

By the way, you may want to edit Treecapitator's config so that the instant leaf drop is disabled. It's a little buggy right now and doesn't give you any birch saplings, and it often takes leaves from surrounding trees.

Oh, and RedPower isn't 100% implemented, but it has the latest prerelease of it.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13071 on: October 14, 2011, 03:28:32 pm »

Technic was posted a few pages back, but here it is anyway (v4.4.0): http://www.mediafire.com/?k5c7m7w1ktpt4dn

It has the ability to disable mods in the installer too. Personally, I disable Pirates and Millenaire. Pirates just seem too annoying, and Millenaire is laggy as fuck.

By the way, you may want to edit Treecapitator's config so that the instant leaf drop is disabled. It's a little buggy right now and doesn't give you any birch saplings, and it often takes leaves from surrounding trees.

Hmm, probably a glitch having to do with Nature Overhaul I imagine, since that completely redoes how plants grow (and now, die)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13072 on: October 14, 2011, 03:31:47 pm »

Technic was posted a few pages back, but here it is anyway (v4.4.0, updated to 1.8.1): http://www.mediafire.com/?k5c7m7w1ktpt4dn
Thanks, must have missed it when I skimmed back.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13073 on: October 14, 2011, 03:54:06 pm »

Technic was posted a few pages back, but here it is anyway (v4.4.0): http://www.mediafire.com/?k5c7m7w1ktpt4dn

Hmm, probably a glitch having to do with Nature Overhaul I imagine, since that completely redoes how plants grow (and now, die)
Either way, disabling the instant leaf drop disables it. It is a nice feature, but it's too buggy for my tastes. I like the birch and pine trees more than the regular ones anyway.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13074 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:13 pm »

Either way, disabling the instant leaf drop disables it. It is a nice feature, but it's too buggy for my tastes. I like the birch and pine trees more than the regular ones anyway.
They're all charcoal to me!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13075 on: October 14, 2011, 03:58:37 pm »

hmmm is there anything for the recent prerelease, which makes water act...like water and not like an infinite water creation? if i want to build a dam, i want a dam that is there for a reason...to flood ehm help the nice animals down in the valley.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13076 on: October 14, 2011, 03:59:38 pm »

There's a finite water mod.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13077 on: October 14, 2011, 04:00:16 pm »

Is it even updated for 1.8+? Last I saw it was undergoing a total rewrite.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13078 on: October 14, 2011, 04:07:42 pm »

Is it even updated for 1.8+? Last I saw it was undergoing a total rewrite.

that's why i specified for the current version. i saw it, but it's like still for the 1.7.something.
:/
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13079 on: October 14, 2011, 08:56:25 pm »

So, I've examined Hammersong's capital on N@W, and while it's nice that we're all hidden and such, we really, desperately need some Mountainhome that we can actually show people. The gate is nice, the lighthouse is alright, some of the wooden shacks are... thematic, at least, but aside from the shrine we've got almost nothing.

I mean, I went and visited Necropolis, and look at some of the nice stuff they've got:

Spoiler: Outside (click to show/hide)

And to be fair, I wouldn't mind if our only outside feature was a giant gate beckoning inwards, but we don't even really have that.

Spoiler: Classy Function (click to show/hide)

Even when they're being practical they're being classy!

Spoiler: Classy Class (click to show/hide)

To say nothing of when they're not.

Spoiler: True Progress (click to show/hide)

Let's face it, they're outclassing us in every way.

So, I guess there's two points to this. First of all, if you've got any interest in epic construction we desperately need your help.

Secondly, I need to know where to start. Do I start tunneling out a new entrance right at sea level? Find a new island? Build an undercity to our shared Wall settlement? I have unbridled ambitions, but I need to know where they'll fit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 870 871 [872] 873 874 ... 1380