Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427236 times)

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13020 on: October 13, 2011, 01:51:21 pm »

I don't get why they'd be miffed about it in the first place. If I made a mod, I would be thrilled for it to end up in a popular, accessible modpack which is then featured on the Yogscast.
Same... It makes rather little sense. I mean really, modpacks do nothing but make people's mods MORE accessible to people. I could understand the complaints if he was claiming he made the mods... but he isn't. It's just a easy way of using multiple popular mods, without all the hassle.

It's literally complaining about free advertising.

I can see where they might be a little miffed. Being included in a modpack can cause people to visit the original mod less, I mean why bother visiting the forum for the mod when you can get everything with the modpack, meaning less donations (If that's important to you) and less traffic for the mod.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: October 13, 2011, 01:56:17 pm »

I don't get why they'd be miffed about it in the first place. If I made a mod, I would be thrilled for it to end up in a popular, accessible modpack which is then featured on the Yogscast.
Same... It makes rather little sense. I mean really, modpacks do nothing but make people's mods MORE accessible to people. I could understand the complaints if he was claiming he made the mods... but he isn't. It's just a easy way of using multiple popular mods, without all the hassle.

It's literally complaining about free advertising.

I can see where they might be a little miffed. Being included in a modpack can cause people to visit the original mod less, I mean why bother visiting the forum for the mod when you can get everything with the modpack, meaning less donations (If that's important to you) and less traffic for the mod.

You can't really argue that if you are getting extra donations from the advertisment.

Ad fly downloads might be different though.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13022 on: October 13, 2011, 02:12:20 pm »

Better then Wolves guys seems to just hate everything ever.
Thank you based dwarf.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: October 13, 2011, 02:13:58 pm »

Link me to his rage, i want to read it  :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: October 13, 2011, 02:15:07 pm »

easiest way to get too the end is from a 1.9.3 save, since they come with portals you can place.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13025 on: October 13, 2011, 02:39:09 pm »

Where can I get this Technic thing? It sounds like the best thing ever, complaining modders be... wow, I never swear. Been reading too much Shakespeare I guess.

Honestly, just MAKING Minecraft mods is more leagaly questionable then repacking them, at least in some jurisdictions...
But the fact that somone made the hosting service take down a guide... this screams DMCA. That is the only way I know of that a petitioner can scare a host into hiding all traces of something automaticly and covering up the removal.

The people complaining are just being jerks. I would be flattered, but then again -- I heard talk of certain mods including global banlists... Jerks will be jerks...

They give credit and all, right? No problem then! It's just a simple installer to make all those cool mods work together.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13026 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »

The link is on the previous page Matz.
Sadly most of the BTW rage is on the guys forums, which he's working on locking down because he's afraid of Goons apperently. It's pretty funny.

Also: let it be known that Adf.ly money is PATHETIC. A single donation of like $10 trumps basically your entire lifetime run of adf.ly link revenue. And has the bonus of not giving the user spyware.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13028 on: October 13, 2011, 05:10:59 pm »

This is the textbook definition of a losing battle, right here

You said it bro.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13029 on: October 13, 2011, 05:11:24 pm »

If I we are able to put saddles on Enderdragons:

Yes.

Fuck yes.

HELL FUCKING YES.
((Kudos to the first person who gets the reference.))
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13030 on: October 13, 2011, 05:26:11 pm »

I thought it was "hell yes", not "fuck yes". And that would be great.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13031 on: October 13, 2011, 05:29:28 pm »

Holy crap! Amazing FPS boost if you have a newer laptop with Nvidia graphics.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/lai7s/weird_and_wonderful_fps_boost/

I went from lagging out while playing on short render distnce to being able to fly around at full speed on Far with no slowdown at all.

:O :D :O :D
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #13032 on: October 13, 2011, 06:36:40 pm »

Hey all, I've found a good Island Survival seed. Its for 1.9 Pre-release. It gives a small crescent island with four trees. Theres mines below it and the stronghold is within far render distance. Heres the Map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The stronghold is at about the area of the red dot. Oh and see the large island to the north? Its a Mushroom biome.
Seeds 5156420905772220193
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13033 on: October 13, 2011, 07:12:03 pm »

Holy crap! Amazing FPS boost if you have a newer laptop with Nvidia graphics.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/lai7s/weird_and_wonderful_fps_boost/

I went from lagging out while playing on short render distnce to being able to fly around at full speed on Far with no slowdown at all.

:O :D :O :D

So, this isn't working on my laptop. When I clicked on "Manage 3D Settings" in the nVidia control panel, it stopped responding and Windows closed it. Now, every time I open the nVidia control panel, it stops responding right away and Windows closes it.

And when I try to update to the latest drivers for my video card (nVidia Geforce 310M), the installer says that the driver couldn't find any compatible graphics hardware. What do?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1380