Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427335 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12975 on: October 11, 2011, 11:01:53 pm »

Someone already made an extremely accurate digital clock.

Which is accurate only so long as it is in a loaded chunk. The second it unloads, it's inaccurate with respect to the day-night cycle. This could be used to keep a marginally less accurate clock (the grass growing is still partially random) slaved to the current time of day without requiring user intervention.

Or used for automatically deploying night time defenses, I guess, if you're boring :P

I didn't think servers had chunks not loaded. At least not at the spawn.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: October 11, 2011, 11:08:22 pm »

Servers definitely unload chunks that aren't in use, and I am 95% certain that includes the spawn. Otherwise, any decently sized map would rapidly grind the server to a halt.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: October 12, 2011, 04:33:25 am »

My sugar cane farm a few pages back actually has a use! EE lets me make diamonds with it, I've given it 3 new levels and I just run out and press it every day.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12978 on: October 12, 2011, 05:40:35 am »

My sugar cane farm a few pages back actually has a use! EE lets me make diamonds with it, I've given it 3 new levels and I just run out and press it every day.
I suggest adding one of these.  With this set up right, you can make it send out a pulse once a master reed has grown 3 high.  If you have buildcraft, it can all be collected for you too.  The minor loss from sugarcane that fell to the side and reeds that didn't make it to 3 high will be dwarfed by the increased output.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: October 12, 2011, 06:46:55 am »

Or.... you have have them funnel into an obsidian tube instead and automatically collect into a box, hell, automatically convert into diamonds.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: October 12, 2011, 07:01:13 am »

I have it set up as Micro102 says. I just run press a button as I run past as it's right by my house.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: October 12, 2011, 09:41:25 am »

CHange button into a redstone clock, now you don't have to do anything. Then make an underground pipe system to sent the stuff directly into a chest in your house.

.....I need to go build a sugar cane farm now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12982 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:04 am »

Last night I redesigned my Alchemist's Ladder to remove the aggregators except for 1 which feeds the system. Instead I put in two doubling loops. I put a single glowstone into the system from the aggregator and within a few days of simulated time it has filled the overflow chest with glowstone and is running at full capacity with two redstone engines pumping glowstone out for doubling full time. Added an obsidian pipe to collect overflow and routed that to a storage system with 8 chests, and added 2 more doubling loops to increase the capacity. Now whenever I check I have unlimited glowstone.

Have I won yet?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: October 12, 2011, 09:49:50 am »

CHange button into a redstone clock, now you don't have to do anything. Then make an underground pipe system to sent the stuff directly into a chest in your house.

.....I need to go build a sugar cane farm now.

I did initially have one but it seemed to be lagging me. I put it on if I know I won't be able to press it for a while, such as going into a cave system.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: October 12, 2011, 09:50:58 am »

Instead I put in two doubling loops.
A doubling what now?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: October 12, 2011, 09:51:51 am »

Last night I redesigned my Alchemist's Ladder to remove the aggregators except for 1 which feeds the system. Instead I put in two doubling loops. I put a single glowstone into the system from the aggregator and within a few days of simulated time it has filled the overflow chest with glowstone and is running at full capacity with two redstone engines pumping glowstone out for doubling full time. Added an obsidian pipe to collect overflow and routed that to a storage system with 8 chests, and added 2 more doubling loops to increase the capacity. Now whenever I check I have unlimited glowstone.

Have I won yet?

I'm doing that but with 20 aggeregators at once.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12986 on: October 12, 2011, 09:52:54 am »

Have I won yet?

I'm doing that but with 20 aggeregators at once.
The aggregators don't even matter for my ladder at this point. The doubling loops produce more glowstone than all 24 aggregators that I used to have running.

Convert glowstone to iron ore, iron ore to gold ore, macerate the gold ore, smelt the 2 dust, downconvert into glowstone, repeat.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: October 12, 2011, 09:56:16 am »

Ah I see....

What is the farthest anyone has gotton in EE items? I feel alone here. I mean one trip to my pit and I get over 400 diamonds. I am surprised no one else has mentioned this. It's probably the most epic thing about the mod.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12988 on: October 12, 2011, 09:59:40 am »

Ah I see....

What is the farthest anyone has gotton in EE items? I feel alone here. I mean one trip to my pit and I get over 400 diamonds. I am surprised no one else has mentioned this. It's probably the most epic thing about the mod.
Well I have 3 quarried feeding into an alchemical chest with a gem of density inside which is automatically upconverting everything it pulls out. I always have a lot of diamond ore in there

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: October 12, 2011, 10:26:04 am »

Convert glowstone to iron ore, iron ore to gold ore, macerate the gold ore, smelt the 2 dust, downconvert into glowstone, repeat.
Er, I don't think that works in 1.8.1 (EE 4.16)... I have to convert 4 glowstone into 2 iron ore, but I only get 1 glowstone per iron ingot. Am I missing something?

Ah, I see. From the EE 4.0 changelog: "Iron to Glowstone nerfed"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 10:29:04 am by Peewee »
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1380