Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427376 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12960 on: October 11, 2011, 07:19:41 pm »

Realized just how awesome my 'Urist' quarry looks.

Spoiler: Early shot of quarry. (click to show/hide)
It's surprisingly as practical as it looks freaking cool.

In my humble opinion, you have too many torches.
Those of the floors are not really necessary, and the ones above the.. doors? Are not really needed as well.

But otherwise, well done.  :)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12961 on: October 11, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »

Realized just how awesome my 'Urist' quarry looks.

Spoiler: Early shot of quarry. (click to show/hide)
It's surprisingly as practical as it looks freaking cool.
In my humble opinion, you have too many torches.
Those of the floors are not really necessary, and the ones above the.. doors? Are not really needed as well.

But otherwise, well done.  :)
Most of it is for 2 reasons. More depth = higher likelihood torches aren't as effective, and I get unwanted visitors; and second, I tend to bring like 5 mining picks with me, and I get bored, so I decorate the place. 'Urist' is an ocean map, and this is a work of art to keep me occupied underground while I gather more stone for my island-hopper highway system.

I also have the ocean directly above this quarry, so it's not like I can carve a hole up top for natural light to enter. Plus, I intend for this to reach bedrock, or at least a magma vein.

EDIT:
I suppose I can always try to locate the quarry, glass it over, and take in the water-soaked light or hollow out something to bring in more light (though I'll still need to illuminate it and fortify from other creatures (since they will be waiting for me when I get out).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:37:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12962 on: October 11, 2011, 07:38:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ahem, "CRY SOME MOAR"

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12963 on: October 11, 2011, 07:41:52 pm »

Did someone send that to notch?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12964 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:16 pm »

Ahem, "CRY SOME MOAR"
What is this from? Context please?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12965 on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:00 pm »

Ahem, "CRY SOME MOAR"
What is this from? Context please?
I'm not sure. It was on Minebot, but I reuploaded it because it was apparently broken when I previewed it.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12966 on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:59 pm »

Yeah, someone sent this to him. Linked it on his Twitter, I can't figure out how to link Twitter posts though. But it's there.

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12967 on: October 11, 2011, 07:50:09 pm »

I don't mind him stealing ideas from mods and integrating them into the game honestly. The vanilla game needs more meat.

Also more stable useful multiplayer.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12968 on: October 11, 2011, 07:51:17 pm »

It would help his case more if he were to provide references/citations and links relevant to them if he wants some strength to his argument, otherwise, he's essentially troll bait (or a troll), and going to get abused without end by fans.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:55:03 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12969 on: October 11, 2011, 07:51:30 pm »

Apparently it's not even from the guy who made PotionCraft unless there's more than one mod named that. Woohoo trolls.
It's pretty obvious he's grasping at straws once his bitching gets to the "goop" as if it's a separate obtainable block.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:53:58 pm by Lightning4 »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12970 on: October 11, 2011, 09:24:30 pm »

Huh... just stumbled across this.

A fully automatic, highly sensitive, no-reset-needed day/night detector.

With a little work, you could use this to sync up a proper clock to the server. It wouldn't matter if the clock got unloaded; when you do reload it, it would reset itself at the next dusk or dawn.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12971 on: October 11, 2011, 10:33:57 pm »

With a little work, you could use this to sync up a proper clock to the server. It wouldn't matter if the clock got unloaded; when you do reload it, it would reset itself at the next dusk or dawn.
Does grass act differently than dirt?  I don't understand why grass growing would impact the machine...

nm, it's because the blocks update causing the pistons to activate instead of sitting in 'limbo'
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12972 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:56 pm »

Something about messing with chunk updates or something, and how some redstone only updates when an adjacent block updates.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12973 on: October 11, 2011, 10:36:56 pm »

Someone already made an extremely accurate digital clock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12974 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:37 pm »

Does grass act differently than dirt?  I don't understand why grass growing would impact the machine...

nm, it's because the blocks update causing the pistons to activate instead of sitting in 'limbo'

Yeah, half of the machine is BUDs (Block Update Detectors). They've been around for a while, but they became really popular in the last 2 or 3 months. Lots of nifty tricks with them. This system makes use of grass's growing rules to detect day and night; at night, the grass is too dark, and dies (at day, it's light enough, and grass can grow). That triggers a block update, which is detected by the BUD, and thus generates a RS signal.

Someone already made an extremely accurate digital clock.

Which is accurate only so long as it is in a loaded chunk. The second it unloads, it's inaccurate with respect to the day-night cycle. This could be used to keep a marginally less accurate clock (the grass growing is still partially random) slaved to the current time of day without requiring user intervention.

Or used for automatically deploying night time defenses, I guess, if you're boring :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 ... 863 864 [865] 866 867 ... 1380