Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427380 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12945 on: October 11, 2011, 10:45:44 am »

I haven't tried to manage batteries with pipes, I just run all of my solar flowers to my power storage system which outputs to my machines through an LV transformer and don't use batteries at all.

I use the 13 solar panel flower arrangement which outputs 13eu/s into the battbox in the center. Ten of these solar flowers output into a single MFE at a combined ~130 eu/s. That MFE outputs at 128eu/s over a buried diamond fiber line to my energy storage array which is 5 MFE connected in series with gold cable (I have the cables between them so I can monitor power throughput at any point and so I can tap off the system if I need to) connected to an LV transformer which feeds into my machine room. The machine room can draw a peak of about 48 eu/s but generally averages about 16-20 when idle due to my alchemist's ladder. I may need to run a second transformer and run power in parallel soon. I also have a battbox inside where I recharge my battpack. I haven't used a battery since wiring my house to the first solar flower though, and I highly recommend it.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12946 on: October 11, 2011, 10:49:26 am »

The first is a cactus farm which is gonna be turned into biocells for fuel as I'm struggling a bit with coal.

IIRC, there was a discussion a few weeks ago in the IC forums about this, and they showed that you get more energy from burning the cactus rather than going through the trouble of turning them into biocells.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:53:51 am by Peewee »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12947 on: October 11, 2011, 10:51:30 am »

Indeed, direct connection and battery packs are better then batteries in every way.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12948 on: October 11, 2011, 10:56:19 am »

Also the battpack acts as armor, which is handy, and every time you recharge it the armor is 'repaired' so its good as new.

Edit: Has anyone tried out the Electrolyzer? It is supposedly used to store energy I guess? I have not tried it. Since you get a net loss of energy for using it, it doesn't seem like a good solution.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:23:48 am by forsaken1111 »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12949 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02:30 pm »

So I think I know why my computer sucked at running minecraft. It has just died and apperently was about 11 years old. I did not lose anything important as after my laptop died I just kept anything of importance in external drives. I also don't have to go without a computer as I get my dads old computer though its about that old as well but it was special ordered so its better then what I had. Just need to get XP Pro from my college (I get it free) and reformat the thing as it has a number of nasty bugs floating around on it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #12950 on: October 11, 2011, 05:09:07 pm »

I remember why I loved Minecraft.

http://imgur.com/a/TJbGb

This is in the same file as a gigantic home built on top of mushrooms that I have been working on. I absolutely love this game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12951 on: October 11, 2011, 05:45:38 pm »

Okay, the electrolyzer is interesting. Its basically cheap energy storage with some loss which you can attach onto an MSU/MFSU. I think at peak (one full stack of water cells) it stores ~600k energy but doesn't require the diamonds that the MSU does

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12952 on: October 11, 2011, 05:52:06 pm »

This is in the same file as a gigantic home built on top of mushrooms that I have been working on. I absolutely love this game.

Holy damn those are some neat mountains. What's the seed?

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #12953 on: October 11, 2011, 06:01:05 pm »

The seed is "5032768345256579035" when I hit F3. Guess that'll work. You'll see a big ol' overhang near spawn, and that formation is behind it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12954 on: October 11, 2011, 06:09:36 pm »

The seed is "5032768345256579035" when I hit F3. Guess that'll work. You'll see a big ol' overhang near spawn, and that formation is behind it.
Pulled it up in Creative Mode. It's directly south from start (according to map item), or where the sun sets.

EDIT:
Derp. Actually, it's northward, but similar mountains are south.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:14:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12955 on: October 11, 2011, 06:11:51 pm »

Pardon my... Lack of perception, but what is Industrial Craft 2? I went to the MC mod page and did a quick skim of it but I can't find any information at all.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12956 on: October 11, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12957 on: October 11, 2011, 06:55:46 pm »

What happened to the technic tumbler?
Thank you based dwarf.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12958 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »

Realized just how awesome my 'Urist' quarry looks.

Spoiler: Early shot of quarry. (click to show/hide)
It's surprisingly as practical as it looks freaking cool.

EDIT:
I realized how much it lokos like an ancient place you would find somewhere on this planet Ancient Aliens would talk about.

"We are led to believe that this used to be an ancient amplifier to communicate with the 'gods'." --Double-Downs Guy
"Actually, it's just a mining quarry under an ocean." --Me

Also, that entire gap and the prongs cut outward used to be solid rock and other sparse minerals. The lowest floor so far actually cuts right into the top of an underground chasm I explored earlier with another shaft (which enters from near the bottom).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:24:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #12959 on: October 11, 2011, 07:18:06 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 862 863 [864] 865 866 ... 1380