Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427449 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #12930 on: October 11, 2011, 01:25:43 am »

That's kind of frightening, really. How long does an Elder Scrolls game take you?
Elder Scrolls games have an end? :P

I think I put somewhere over a hundred hours into Oblivion without starting the main quest or finishing either of the two guild quest lines I was working on...That's probably not as unusual though, right?

I think I generally tend to leave some corners untouched in sandbox games to help preserve the illusion of a larger world, if that makes sense.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: October 11, 2011, 01:27:33 am »

I think I made like 5 sets minecart tracks when they first came out.

I never really find enough iron to warrant making a track for whatever reason.
Sometimes when I am feeling saucy I say screw ladders and pool my gold and iron into having a powered rail system that shoots me up 64 levels of block.
Thank you based dwarf.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: October 11, 2011, 04:07:29 am »

Anyone heard of this error???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Pinkamina Diane Pie

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ponies, Ponies everywhere!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: October 11, 2011, 04:24:50 am »

I found this forum and this thread from a conversation that happened a bit ago about having too much mods. So let's bring it back!
My minecraft is fully functional with 43, 43 mods according to Modloader. 28 different mods not including Modloader, Modloader MP and audiomod.
And I'm sad because I can't install the Portal mod over all that! Because there is too much item ID D:< 

I may have guns, Nuclear power plants, Windmills, Awesome redstone logic system with colour based wiring, more mobs, active NPC villages, custom made Airships, Custom made ships, my house is now 100% electric with lamps and stuff, I have a cat, I make sammiches, I eat fried eggs every morning, (I have an automatic egg farm), I also have a horse which is practical when your copper mine is 800 blocks away from your house.. Still didn't made any road. And my airship is too big and slow for daily use.. I mine with a laser gun. I have seasons, Yes seasons, and every spring I sing Winter Wrap Up. And at the third day of winter I claim my own holiday ''Clayday'' where I make epic battle of claysoldiers.
With Nature Overhaul forests are everywhere and often overwhelming until come in with my chainsaw.
BUT I CAN'T HAVE MY PORTAAALS!! *stomping on ground* WHYY CAN'T I HAVE MY POORTAAALS! I WANT TO HAVE SENTRY GUNS LIKE IN PORTAL! NOT THE ONES IN THE GUNS MOD! I WANT MY ROBOTS TO TALK AND SHOOT MACHINE GUNS!! I WANT TO BURN THEM AND WATCH THEM SAY FUNNY STUFF!
The moral of my story, NEVER USE MODS! YOU GET ADDICTED AND WHINY!

If you are interested, I can post my .minecraft. At this point the whole game is necessary. I'm downgraded on 1.7.3 but with so much mods who cares about giant biomes and hunger! (Xie's hunger mod is deactivated). And with Convenient Inventory you wont even notice the difference!
Yeah Imma proud of My Little Minecraft. Still mad though that I can't add up Portals and silly sentries.
The Legacy Minecraft is SOO BOORING! I mean comon! Redstone dust? Pickaxes? Swords?! What a primitive, barbaric, uncivilized, savage! Crude! Wild! Vulgar! Uncultivated!! Boorish!!  WILD way to play minecraft!!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: October 11, 2011, 04:50:59 am »

Pinkamina, you have the 1.7.3 Modpack I am aiming to build for my 1.8.1 Game. With some minor differences that is of course...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Pinkamina Diane Pie

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Ponies, Ponies everywhere!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: October 11, 2011, 05:43:09 am »

I didn't seen your post when I wrote mine ahah,
And nope, never seen your error.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: October 11, 2011, 06:13:01 am »

Pre releases and Adventure Updates
The adventure update is going great! We’re adding features and cramming in content, and then started feature creeping and content creeping. What we’ve got on our hands now is somewhere in between a finished Adventure Mode update and a version of the game we’d be proud to call just “Minecraft”. Not “Minecraft Beta” or “Minecraft Alpha”, but just plain and simple “Minecraft”.

And we’re going to release that version of the game live on stage in Vegas at MineCon! Woooo!

Up until then, instead of trying to squeeze in another real release, we’re going to do weekly (or so) pre releases, aimed at advanced players. We release these via twitter, so make sure to follow me (@notch) and Jens (@jeb_) if you’re interested in those.

Also, we’re finally adding a dragon.

So no 1.9?  :-\  I guess I can either start playing the pre releases or wait anoth month.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: October 11, 2011, 06:19:54 am »

Huh. And here I thought I was going to go all decadent using the IC/Buildcraft/EE triune everyone else is going with, plus mo' creatures if possible. Maybe I'll try throwing clay soldiers in there.

So no 1.9?  :-\  I guess I can either start playing the pre releases or wait anoth month.
Yeah, I had been starting to suspect they weren't really grasping the idea of an update when they did the third prerelease, but I guess it's at least kind of nice that they've fully accepted it now. And I guess the seperate prerelease line is kind of convenient for servers and modmakers who don't want to update everything weekly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12938 on: October 11, 2011, 07:17:29 am »

Upgraded alchemist's ladder is working perfectly. 24 aggregators feeding into a loop which doubles each cycle and a convenient chest for me to pull stacks of glowstone from for further refinement. Its not pretty or efficient but it does work and it will let me slowly build up some resources.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though in the time this took to set up, refine, tear down, set up again, etc I could probably have just gone mining.

Next step: Quarry!

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: October 11, 2011, 10:20:15 am »

Gonna show my two farms that I've set up.

The first is a cactus farm which is gonna be turned into biocells for fuel as I'm struggling a bit with coal.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2451/20111011161456.png

This is my first cactus farm so it's probably not very efficient but I plan on coming back to it at some point to improve it's efficiency and probably make it larger and taller.

The second is a sugar cane farm, I set this up initially to make biocells faster and quicker but there appears to be a conflict in Technic Pack V2 with something else which is causing it to make sugar instead when I put the recipe in for plant clumps. Shame really, I'll probably make books with it instead.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/977/20111011161507.png

I've set a timer to 4 minutes to activate the pistons. Efficiency here is a problem again as they sometimes land on the blocks but I'm not that bothered.

Next is to try some equivalent exchange stuff or get some tanks to pump some oil into. In the first picture you see my solar power farm which I use to charge batteries. Does anyone know if I can connect pipes so once a battery is charged it leaves the solar panel via the pipe?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: October 11, 2011, 10:28:59 am »

You can farm solar panels?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: October 11, 2011, 10:29:41 am »

Haha, no. I couldn't think of a word for it.. Solar Panel.. array? Dunno. It's where I charge batteries and there are about 20 solar panels.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: October 11, 2011, 10:37:51 am »

Solar array.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: October 11, 2011, 10:40:20 am »

Cool.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: October 11, 2011, 10:41:01 am »

Gonna show my two farms that I've set up.

The first is a cactus farm which is gonna be turned into biocells for fuel as I'm struggling a bit with coal.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2451/20111011161456.png

This is my first cactus farm so it's probably not very efficient but I plan on coming back to it at some point to improve it's efficiency and probably make it larger and taller.

The second is a sugar cane farm, I set this up initially to make biocells faster and quicker but there appears to be a conflict in Technic Pack V2 with something else which is causing it to make sugar instead when I put the recipe in for plant clumps. Shame really, I'll probably make books with it instead.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/977/20111011161507.png

I've set a timer to 4 minutes to activate the pistons. Efficiency here is a problem again as they sometimes land on the blocks but I'm not that bothered.

Next is to try some equivalent exchange stuff or get some tanks to pump some oil into. In the first picture you see my solar power farm which I use to charge batteries. Does anyone know if I can connect pipes so once a battery is charged it leaves the solar panel via the pipe?

Once you get a darmatter axe and furnace, you will never need coal again.

What I do for sugarcane is I use 2 pistons. You can still power 2 pistons with 1 redstone torch, for some reason the redstone torch powers the one below too.

TP
XP

Torch = T
Piston = P
Empty = X

For the battery, I would have to say the only way to do it is to time it. Figure out how long it takes for the battery to charge, then set it up so 2 engines are on a large redstone clock and will remove/put in a battery at certian times.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1380