Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419473 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11925 on: September 18, 2011, 02:03:51 am »

I have a feeling that it will require an AND gate and RS NOR latch connected in some way. Seems like it would save a lot of room if you were to just make 2 buttons.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11926 on: September 18, 2011, 04:46:47 am »

I was wondering if I could get some redstone help here, as I'm not very good with it, and this design is driving me mad.

Basically, I'm trying to build a retracting staircase, so far, I've got a swith, that powers 4 pistons in a row, which pull the floor away. This goes down underground, and powers 4 more pistons to raise the staircase 1 block up (really I just need to power the top one, but I like it this way). Anyways, it's the top one that's giving me the trouble. when I raise the stairs, the top stair pushes the floor block up one, buggering the whole thing up.
So, what I need is a delay that toggles. So the Staircase is delayed while opening, and the floor is delayed while closing........ Any ideas?

Actually, I don't think it's possible with how I think you're positioning your pistons. In order for something like this you need to have the 16 block limit or use obsidian. Basically something that blocks a piston form extending. Then you can use a pulse emitter to switch between which piston is extended.

Pulse emitter:

R: repeater
C: redstone dust
T: redstone torch
D: dirt
E: empty

EEEDT
ECCC
ERR
CDT

That pretty much repeats a signal with a small delay, so one piston can move both before and after the other.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: September 18, 2011, 10:08:59 am »

Perhaps I'll just add another switch.....

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: September 18, 2011, 12:43:03 pm »

Aparrently Mojang is working with Oxeye game studio to create this game called Cobalt. Looks pretty cool from the trailers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11929 on: September 18, 2011, 01:38:20 pm »

Aparrently Mojang is working with Oxeye game studio to create this game called Cobalt. Looks pretty cool from the trailers
0:36 in the action trailer is obviously the best part.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: September 18, 2011, 02:42:54 pm »

Perhaps I'll just add another switch.....
Well, if it makes you feel any better, you can use an RS NOR latch to make the 2 buttons: one for opening, one for closing. So you only have to press one button to open or close it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: September 18, 2011, 04:19:50 pm »

1.8 is awesome. I especially like what happened to the bottom of the map, how if you punch through you end up in darkness with little blits of stuff floating around you. Feels really.... I don't know, awesome.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11932 on: September 18, 2011, 04:45:53 pm »

1.8 is awesome. I especially like what happened to the bottom of the map, how if you punch through you end up in darkness with little blits of stuff floating around you. Feels really.... I don't know, awesome.

I noticed that too, particles appear when your near bedrock. However I don't like how things turn pitch black in tunnels near the bottom, regardless of torches.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: September 18, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »

Another thing I really love is how bodies of water feel really big. Before it was like every map was a swamp but now when you jump into water you sink, and sink, and sink.

Gives me a good reason to use boats.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10:37 pm »

Another thing I really love is how bodies of water feel really big. Before it was like every map was a swamp but now when you jump into water you sink, and sink, and sink.

Gives me a good reason to use boats.

And swimming uses up more hunger than regular walking from all my testing. Boats are higher priority now!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11935 on: September 18, 2011, 05:20:30 pm »

We need speedboats for the oceans now though. How does Notch expect anyone to cross those? It would take forever even with a mine cart.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11936 on: September 18, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »

We need speedboats for the oceans now though. How does Notch expect anyone to cross those? It would take forever even with a mine cart.
Isn't that what the Nether is for?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11937 on: September 18, 2011, 06:04:00 pm »

And how are you going to make it so a short trip in the nether = a long trip over an ocean?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: September 18, 2011, 06:08:32 pm »

Found a good new seed; "Mangosteen" I spawned near a mountain range with two ravines cutting into its base, a large lake/bay (didn't feel like an ocean) on one side, desert on the other, and forest nearby. Following the mountain range the other way, I came across a huge valley between two mountain ranges, and then what looked almost like Ha Long Bay.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11939 on: September 18, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »

And how are you going to make it so a short trip in the nether = a long trip over an ocean?
You do know that for every block you move in the nether, you move eight in the normal world, right?  You jump in a portal, move 100 squares and make a portal.  That portal is now 800 squares in the direction you traveled.

Maybe I didn't understand your question.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 1380