Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419347 times)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11865 on: September 15, 2011, 11:29:19 pm »

Has anyone else been having problems logging in to Minecraft.  Not the site, the game itself.  My internet's fine, my password is good, but it always tells me "Login Failed" and I have to play in offline mode.  Help?
Nope, no problems here. Are you sure your password is ok? If the password is wrong it still says "Login failed" and lets you play offline.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: September 15, 2011, 11:39:45 pm »

I wondered where you got those from. Pity they only spawn in chests. I've opened 4 or 5 chests now and didn't get any seeds at all. :(

However, I did find my first chasm underground. Damn, those are awesome!

They really do work well with the abandoned mineshafts too. It looks like they've been riven in half by a giant earthquake, leading to the abandonment. That said, the game needs active mines as well, which are well lit and staffed with the odd NPC miner.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: September 15, 2011, 11:51:35 pm »

Has anyone else been having problems logging in to Minecraft.  Not the site, the game itself.  My internet's fine, my password is good, but it always tells me "Login Failed" and I have to play in offline mode.  Help?
NO idea what causes this. If you reinstall it, it fixes. Clearing your jar file might work too, but I completely reinstalled.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: September 15, 2011, 11:52:12 pm »

The miner should have a random chance of either being hostile and killing you on sight or leading you to ores.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: September 16, 2011, 12:27:12 am »

The miner should have a random chance of either being hostile and killing you on sight or leading you to ores.
If there ever are npc miners I think they will most likely only stand on one spot near a wall with a mining animation or do nothing.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: September 16, 2011, 02:24:44 am »

I <3 the new cave gen.
If you haven't switched to 1.8 yet, check out what I've just found while flying around in creative.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: September 16, 2011, 03:24:03 am »

Speaking of 1.8, thought I'd share this recent discovery with folks. They do Adventurecasts and such too. Fun Times!

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: September 16, 2011, 05:21:15 am »

I <3 the new cave gen.
If you haven't switched to 1.8 yet, check out what I've just found while flying around in creative.
-Snip-
Is that grass in the cave?  ???

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: September 16, 2011, 05:28:09 am »

I've been playing using the "Urist" seed, on an isolated island.  Trying to get a tree farm going ( only two saplings so far ) I have two farm plots, both with seeds, but they won't grow fast enough.  So I have a plan for when I eventually die of hunger.  When my hunger bar is almost empty, I will put all my items inside a chest, go to the surface of the island, wait to die of hunger, respawn, and then just go downstairs into my hole and retrieve my items.  Rinse and repeat, until I get a better food source, like from fishing. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: September 16, 2011, 05:55:08 am »

Some of you may remember the server "Nations at War". Many people joined, but later left due to bugs and server crashes. However, now those problems are fixed and the server is stable and fun. However, we need numbers. The nation of Hammersong still exists, and this weekend we will go to war.
This is your chance to fight for dwarfkind! this is your chance to see the wonders of a new world!
if you are already whitelisted but stopped playing, this is the time to come back.

come and see the wonder of the land and of the players, from magnificent palaces (not made by us)

to mysterious oasis( found ruined, restored)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: September 16, 2011, 08:32:08 am »

is N@W accepting applications again?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: September 16, 2011, 08:34:27 am »

They should be opening when they update to 1.8
*Hugs*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: September 16, 2011, 08:40:57 am »

Again MC makes me angry, exploring this huge (and i mean insanely huge cave system) on Enderman seed (try it, pretty neat with a village nearby, a desert, forests and big cave systems) i have lots of coal/iron and some gold/diamonds with some extra stuff besides that, spent two ingame days i think exploring one half of the cave only to run into an Enderman in a 1 block wide passage, i try my best to not look at it when i hear that god damned SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssss sound, then i die and i can't really find the place quickly enough to get all my stuff back :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: September 16, 2011, 08:42:54 am »

NO idea what causes this. If you reinstall it, it fixes. Clearing your jar file might work too, but I completely reinstalled.
I think it's the launcher that actually does that.  I was having trouble on my Windows machine, downloaded the new EXE and it worked fine.  I didn't have to touch the .minecraft folder.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: September 16, 2011, 08:50:07 am »

Reinstalled, works fine. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 1380