Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419471 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11730 on: September 14, 2011, 09:32:49 am »

Yes. After that, an a whole twenty three tries, 1.8 finally downloaded :D

Speaking of 1.8. I was faced with two blocks of lava in front of me. I was like "I wonder if I could just sort of..." and then I did just sort of. By perfectly executing a dash-jump on the side of the block I was on, I jumped over the strip of lava and onto safety. Thank you, dash-jump!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:56 pm »

I've done a few dash-jumps in 1.8 that I probably shouldn't have.  Mostly from one side of a ravine to the other where falling would have been death.  Fun times though.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: September 14, 2011, 12:23:25 pm »

I'm definitely liking 1.8 compared to the previous versions. I also found a nice little cove which extends upwards into the hill and comes out in 2 places, one leading to a nice view of the sun rise and the other leading the the top where I plan to build a castle.

Spoiler: Cove (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:26:24 pm by SP2 »

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: September 14, 2011, 12:27:48 pm »

I've noticed that the FOV changes slightly when you start to sprint and returns to normal. I have to agree though that a more obvious indication would be better.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:11 pm »

I believe there is a setting to change that FoV.

Also, love the brightness setting. Now my only problem is I have to learn where to place torches so I don't let monsters spawn.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: September 14, 2011, 12:30:19 pm »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:32:00 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: September 14, 2011, 12:35:12 pm »

Aye, the earth grew around her!  ;)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: September 14, 2011, 12:37:54 pm »

and nobody found the link in my last post ... or didn't care. :(
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: September 14, 2011, 01:03:59 pm »

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: September 14, 2011, 01:07:54 pm »

and nobody found the link in my last post ... or didn't care. :(

I don't see a link in either of your last two posts. :-\

The link is in the final period, mouse over it and you'll see.

SHAD0Wdump, it might take a while since my main priority right now is turning this hill into a castle but I'll definitely give it a go.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:20:57 pm by SP2 »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11740 on: September 14, 2011, 01:17:33 pm »

I love Creative Mode. No longer do I have to depend on 3rd party programs to edit my inventory (MCEdit is another case). ^_^

Finally completed a snazzy bomber in Creative mode. Complete with a deep crater from while testing the mechanism and bombing mobs.

We really need a Creative Mode server again and relive the good ol' days. I might still have some of the old maps from waaaaay far back.

EDIT:
And that slab above was a test of the bombing reliability and form (as well as how a runway's destruction would look when bombed with a cave/tunnel below; Initial tests were exactly what I wanted to have happen.), as well as a platform to gather mobs in. Not one survived the bombing run.

EDIT EDIT: ↓
Nope, but with the help of MCEdit or any mods (like the one that allows you to fly buildings), you should be able to move it around to simulate flying (provided all blocks used can move with the ship (Movecraft. Thanks Freeform.)). However, you may need to supply your own bombs. With how I designed the bombing system, it doesn't matter where you place it, as long as it's on relative ground-level in-ship to detonate via redstone. Just don't have the ship on actual ground level when detonating, otherwise the ship won't work as well anymore. :V

Oh yeah, and the trapdoors on the back of the ship are safety walkways to be able to go from one side to the other while maximizing bombing capacity (when no bombs are loaded).

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I wonder if using repeaters can drop them in sequence, rather than simultaneously?

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Worked as well as I expected, though it takes up a bit more room and fewer bombs to go off correctly. I used an offset sequence in order to have 2 sequences in 2 lines of bombings which does wider, yet thinner except closer to center, damage rather than a solid blast zone. A bit more difficult to setup, and not as satisfying to bomb with as the C-Bomber Mk.1. Mk.2 is more work than it's worth to get right.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:11:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: September 14, 2011, 01:58:27 pm »

Itnet, keep that until the new compatible Bukkit comes out so you can fly it with Movecraft.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: September 14, 2011, 02:00:12 pm »

Itnet, keep that until the new compatible Bukkit comes out so you can fly it with Movecraft.

wait.. what?  :o

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: September 14, 2011, 02:02:57 pm »

Eh, I'm not trying out 1.8 - Ravines, ruins, etc. look great, but I'll wait til the full release. Fewer bugs, anyway.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11744 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:21 pm »

wait.. what?  :o
Pretty entertaining mod. You build something, designate an area in which is controlled, and then hit in different directions to fly the "craft".

I will need a bombing crew. Some to load up the munitions, and another to coordinate where they'll fall (I'll maybe make a makeshift norden sight out of a block replacement with glass instead of iron.). The ship can also double as a troop transport.

EDIT:
Added in a Norden Sight (think of it as a bomber's crosshair) to the bomber (Glass Pane surrounded by 4 walls making essentially a crosshair on the floor), which also freed up 2 more spots for bombs to be placed, and still safe to traverse the bomber.

Spoiler: Norden Sight Upgrade (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:43:55 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1380