Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419952 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11550 on: September 10, 2011, 11:04:01 am »

Note Creeper behavior is the same as always. When it approaches for an explosion it will circlestraife to the side a bit before attacking. Same with Skeletons. So if they are near a corner they will appear to go behind a corner. This is helpful for the foes with that behavior, as they are either shooting assholes or exploding huge assholes.

And the new addition to the dick list being blue spiders, who end up on the ceiling to leap down on you and poison the hell out of you. I think the poison does a total of five to seven hearts of damage and cannot kill you, it will just hurt you as soon as hearts return. Lots of time spent waiting for health to regen only for it to instantly go away.

Swamps are an odd biome. Sometimes they spawn mostly underwater so you just have a three-block-deep lagoon with a few shallow islands of one depth where trees grow. Otherwise it's a haphazard pattern of dirt and sand with a lot of plat areas with water and vines on threes which grow on other vertical objects like buildings built in the swamp.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11551 on: September 10, 2011, 11:04:57 am »

Note Creeper behavior is the same as always. When it approaches for an explosion it will circlestraife to the side a bit before attacking. Same with Skeletons. So if they are near a corner they will appear to go behind a corner. This is helpful for the foes with that behavior, as they are either shooting assholes or exploding huge assholes.

And the new addition to the dick list being blue spiders, who end up on the ceiling to leap down on you and poison the hell out of you. I think the poison does a total of five to seven hearts of damage and cannot kill you, it will just hurt you as soon as hearts return. Lots of time spent waiting for health to regen only for it to instantly go away.

The blue spiders are pretty sadistic, it seems.  Hurting you, without killing you.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: September 10, 2011, 11:21:12 am »

Pro tip: Use regular glass blocks for floors, not panes.

As for the creepers, this is not them circle-strafing to blow up. They hide behind corners quite a bit away, waiting for you to come closer.  I knocked one back a fair distance and it landed next to a tree, hiding behind it instead of walking straight towards me as it would've done on an open field.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: September 10, 2011, 11:27:36 am »

Did the creeper deliberately move to the tree, in a not straight line, or did it just get stuck behind the tree? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: September 10, 2011, 11:27:57 am »

Pro tip: Use regular glass blocks for floors, not panes.
Spoiler: Pretty much yeah (click to show/hide)

I still insist that creepers just tend to walk to the side when attacking. They have very loose ideas of when to attack and when they can't, so I have seen them do stuff like that plenty of times in previous versions.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: September 10, 2011, 11:29:53 am »

That's why they're at the top of the food chain in Minecraftia.  They can not only explode, and sneak up undetected, they're smart about doing it to. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11556 on: September 10, 2011, 11:30:31 am »

The blue spiders are pretty sadistic, it seems.  Hurting you, without killing you.
It seems the blue spiders are the poison headcrabs of the Minecraft-verse. They won't kill you, but they'll make your situation that much worse.

EDIT:
In a sense, you could have pet blue spiders, just don't have any other offensive mobs in your home while it's around, and you're essentially safe.

EDIT EDIT:
Okay, forget that then. :I
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:42:55 am by Itnetlolor »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: September 10, 2011, 11:35:41 am »

So, they won't kill you on their own, but if there happens to be another mob within attacking distance ( endermen all the time, really ) you're doomed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: September 10, 2011, 11:38:38 am »

The 32x32 textures I'm making are going well.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: September 10, 2011, 11:40:55 am »

So, they won't kill you on their own, but if there happens to be another mob within attacking distance ( endermen all the time, really ) you're doomed.
(They can kill you on their own, their attack does actual damage instead of just poisoning)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11560 on: September 10, 2011, 11:44:26 am »

Anyone try "Urist" as a seed? Try it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: September 10, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »

You can make a make a glass tube out of glass panes/iron bars. You just make a 2x2 and you can go inside it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: September 10, 2011, 01:27:23 pm »

Anyone try "Urist" as a seed? Try it.

I forgot all about that. I was going to post it; Urist in 1.7.3 is EPIC. I dont know about 1.8.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: September 10, 2011, 02:35:54 pm »

Nevermind, I'll just wait.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:38:15 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: September 10, 2011, 02:44:39 pm »

Urist in 1.8 makes aGIGANTIC OCEAN. It spawns you on an island with one tree. Then ocean is around you for miles. one side was 2000 blocks to a big land mass

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1380