Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420403 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11460 on: September 08, 2011, 09:27:42 am »

Well rats. I'll be gone for at least five days starting Saturday, and without internet to boot.

Enjoy Minecraft 1.7.3  :P

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: September 08, 2011, 11:21:10 am »

So I'm done with some other games, and am paying attention to Minecraft again.

I see that IndustrialCraft² has come out of beta and hit general release.  Has anyone tried it?  I took a quick look at its wiki and liked the new ideas & new implementations.

I'm thinking of getting back into MC, using the IndustrialCraft², Equivalent Exchange, and Biosphere mods.  But I don't know whether to wait for MC 1.8 + approx two weeks for mods to rev, or stick with MC current version.  Also I don't know if they'll all play nice together.  Old-IC worked with EqEx though.

Does anyone have opinions on either IC² or EqEx?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11462 on: September 08, 2011, 12:12:13 pm »

I still can't stand industrialcraft. The documentation should never be in character, or at least not in such an annoying character.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: September 08, 2011, 12:20:26 pm »

So I'm done with some other games, and am paying attention to Minecraft again.

I see that IndustrialCraft² has come out of beta and hit general release.  Has anyone tried it?  I took a quick look at its wiki and liked the new ideas & new implementations.

I'm thinking of getting back into MC, using the IndustrialCraft², Equivalent Exchange, and Biosphere mods.  But I don't know whether to wait for MC 1.8 + approx two weeks for mods to rev, or stick with MC current version.  Also I don't know if they'll all play nice together.  Old-IC worked with EqEx though.

Does anyone have opinions on either IC² or EqEx?

I'm using IC2 (v0.9) , better than wolves, buildcraft and redstone stuff (eloraam's i think). Very similar to old IC most changed are the reactors, then geothermal engineering, then cables (way better and smarter) and rubber (a bit longer to set up but IMO better). Did not get to dynamite yet to test it out but that been added too. All in all very nice because almost everything is in from old IC (iluminator is not but i was not using it) and it works better also new view to addons (now they are allowed) is very nice- i read in forums that somebody is making electricity run engine for buildcraft. On the bad side is that there are still bugs (in official IC2 forums there a list of "not yet fixed bugs") and that there is no way to set ids for blocks. Oh and minecraft in general sucks with id collisions (had to rewrite 20 ids by guessing witch are free).

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: September 08, 2011, 05:13:18 pm »

I still can't stand industrialcraft. The documentation should never be in character, or at least not in such an annoying character.

Well, it got out of hand, I'll agree that far.  But it probably wasn't so annoying at the start, when there were five machines, one battery type, and no cables.

IMO what should have been done was a clear separation between the "heyo" adspeech and the actual info on what the item does.  Color, font, and indentation would have gone a long ways in letting people who don't like the joke just skip over it.

But it seems you're letting that drive your opinion of the mod itself, is that right?  I don't think that's particularly logical.

Anyway, my short trawl through the IC² wiki didn't come across any annoying stuff.

Edit: Hmm, glanced at Buildcraft.  Looks interesting, but I'm not sure it's for me.  How redundant is it to IC / IC² ?  I see miners and terraformers.  It looks like an entire second level to programming stuff, if you will, and I never really even bothered with redstone.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:23:46 pm by 0x517A5D »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: September 08, 2011, 05:23:46 pm »

But it seems you're letting that drive your opinion of the mod itself, is that right?  I don't think that's particularly logical.
Indeed. Disliking the creator for being a massive tool is completely legit though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: September 09, 2011, 04:22:29 pm »

Sooooo.
1.8 prerelease was leaked.
*Hugs*

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: September 09, 2011, 04:26:27 pm »

It was pushed beyond Monday actually.
Also, http://twitter.com/#!/notch
*Hugs*

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: September 09, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »

It was "leaked" by Jens of Mojang.  So it's just an official pre-release, not a leak.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: September 09, 2011, 04:34:27 pm »

It was pushed beyond Monday actually.
Less stuff for me to do on monday, then :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: September 09, 2011, 04:39:51 pm »

Oh man, Torches are officially sexy.

And it seems to have most stuff, the F key isn't working to change view distance and there's no sort of skill screen.
But critical hits, new torches, sprinting, meat and stuff's all in.

Not that I'd be playing a leaked version of course :P

And stacking food.
Finally.. Stacking food :')
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:41:58 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: September 09, 2011, 04:43:53 pm »

And it seems to have most stuff, the F key isn't working to change view distance

Yeah that was removed. You can still change it in options though if I read right.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: September 09, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »

Yep, just noting changes I've noticed so far.

Passive mobs seem to drop stuff more commonlu now, I've been getting a lot more leather from cows than I was before.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: September 09, 2011, 04:45:42 pm »

Oh man, Torches are officially sexy.
This whole update time is worth this single thing.

Sexy torches.

Quote from: Notch
Ooh, looks like 1.8 has leaked, not that I'd ever admit that. ;) Be careful when installing software you don't trust though.
(I am fine with you using it. Make sure you get it from the leaked url we are hosting, though)
If you do use it, remember to report bugs, and to feel slightly bad. ;)

How the fuck can anyone badmouth this guy. He is the coolest indie dev on the planet.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:47:24 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: September 09, 2011, 04:52:05 pm »

They badmouth him because people have bad attention spans. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1380