Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419249 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11205 on: August 25, 2011, 09:00:45 am »

would anyone else be comfortable sponsoring my application to N@W?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: August 25, 2011, 09:10:50 am »

I got this game before I went on holliday. woo...
Everybody!

Kael von Wolfe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: August 25, 2011, 02:12:06 pm »

I'm even later to this party than the latecomers, and am also totally unknown. I've been lurking on this forum since early 2009, but I don't think I've ever actually posted ... Anyone feel like referring a well intentioned stranger?

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: August 25, 2011, 05:17:40 pm »

So...

Has anyone else encountered problems with their login timing out? I can't get the darn thing to work, regardless of what I try.
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: August 25, 2011, 05:21:15 pm »

So...

Has anyone else encountered problems with their login timing out? I can't get the darn thing to work, regardless of what I try.
Usually just means the auth server is down.
A million people trying to connect to a server tends to do that :P
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: August 25, 2011, 05:30:02 pm »

I found this Gem when looking up on an interview with Jeb...

MCF:
Are there any specific features from the update that you can tell us about?

Jeb:
You can get beef now.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: August 25, 2011, 09:45:10 pm »

Yep, it's speculated that pork, beef, and lamb are all meats available now.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11212 on: August 25, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »

Yep, it's speculated that pork, beef, and lamb are all meats available now.

Chicken too.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11213 on: August 27, 2011, 04:41:09 am »

PAX Mojang booth report:

Endermen are scarier than they looked in pictures.  If you aggro one, it will slowly begin moving towards you, unless you look away, in which case it will teleport and speed up.  Running is a bad idea.  Presumably it will start hitting you if you sit and stare at it long enough for it to reach you.  Haven't seen any drops.  They burn in the sunlight.  You will only ever aggro one at a time, the entire group will not start moving at you once you piss off one.

You now have to draw your bow, length of draw probably affects the arrow's distance flown but haven't tested.

World gen is more awesome (sweet floating islands(unless it was a fluke))

Title screen changed to something similar to Aether's title screen, slowly pans around a map (probably last one played)

Chunks appear to be cubes now, but not sure  (That's how it looked when Jens was flying around in creative mode.)

Everything looked great ingame, but I was at an over-the-shoulder perspective and any number of things could have caused that.

Post things you want more information on within the next 7 hours (leaving at 9:30 AM PST) and I'll keep them in mind when I get to the booth again.  I haven't actually played 1.8 yet, so take everything here with a pinch of salt or two.  Also, I haven't slept in the past 29 hours, so my apologies for weird wording, grammar, and what have you.  Will edit with further information in ~24 hours when I return.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: August 27, 2011, 05:44:47 am »

Hunger and XP bars?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #11215 on: August 27, 2011, 08:08:03 am »

Somebody recorded Notch's livestream that he did at PAX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5epUsP3IgKY&feature=channel_video_title
1=0

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: August 28, 2011, 12:05:35 am »

PAX Mojang booth report:

Endermen are scarier than they looked in pictures.  If you aggro one, it will slowly begin moving towards you, unless you look away, in which case it will teleport and speed up.  Running is a bad idea.  Presumably it will start hitting you if you sit and stare at it long enough for it to reach you.  Haven't seen any drops.  They burn in the sunlight.  You will only ever aggro one at a time, the entire group will not start moving at you once you piss off one.

You now have to draw your bow, length of draw probably affects the arrow's distance flown but haven't tested.

World gen is more awesome (sweet floating islands(unless it was a fluke))

Title screen changed to something similar to Aether's title screen, slowly pans around a map (probably last one played)

Chunks appear to be cubes now, but not sure  (That's how it looked when Jens was flying around in creative mode.)

Everything looked great ingame, but I was at an over-the-shoulder perspective and any number of things could have caused that.

Post things you want more information on within the next 7 hours (leaving at 9:30 AM PST) and I'll keep them in mind when I get to the booth again.  I haven't actually played 1.8 yet, so take everything here with a pinch of salt or two.  Also, I haven't slept in the past 29 hours, so my apologies for weird wording, grammar, and what have you.  Will edit with further information in ~24 hours when I return.
Did they add skill levels for mining/etc?  (ie: the more you mine, the faster.)  I thought this was talked about, but I don't know where it went from there.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11217 on: August 28, 2011, 05:15:29 am »

No clue, at least a limited form of skills would be useful. What I AM looking forward to is, last time I checked, the map height is going to be at least doubled (may even be changeable). I hope that is the case, because there's a design I've got floating around that I can't do with the current map height... (plus, ti will do wonders for the general "let's build majestic cathedrals and stuff").
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #11218 on: August 28, 2011, 09:47:13 am »

Any mods that build a similar idea as DF? With realistic soils, stones, metals and stuff?

Like tin, copper, bronze, zinc, brass, all that stuff :)

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: August 28, 2011, 10:27:28 am »

No clue, at least a limited form of skills would be useful. What I AM looking forward to is, last time I checked, the map height is going to be at least doubled

Where did you hear that? I remember Notch talking months ago about the serious difficulties posed by high increases, and he even mentions in the PAX video that the 1.8 height is the same as normal.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 1380