Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419160 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11175 on: August 20, 2011, 01:49:14 am »

Speaking of bottled water, I think maybe we could use bottled water. Maybe it would be like a weak healing item made from a glass bottle.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: August 20, 2011, 01:53:06 am »

I agree. It'd be a nice alternative to the current incarnation of fishing, at least... that has got to be the worst-designed part of the game right there.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: August 20, 2011, 01:55:19 am »

I agree. It'd be a nice alternative to the current incarnation of fishing, at least... that has got to be the worst-designed part of the game right there.
I had completely forgotten that fishing was even in the game until you said that. Huh.
... and then it explodes!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: August 20, 2011, 01:57:58 am »

How do you even fish anyway? Just cast into water and wait? Are there certain bodies of water that fish spawn in exclusively or can you fish anywhere, from an underground lake to the sea to a little pond?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: August 20, 2011, 02:00:26 am »

Once the water turns into entire seas and the guy who made the mod that lets you fly custom constructions makes it work for water and Notch assimilates that mod into the game, I'm sure some sort massive water update will take off and  make fishing worth it.

And I think you can fish anywhere, even in a bucket of water you placed into a 1x1 square 5 seconds ago. No bait needed. At least from my testing.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: August 20, 2011, 02:10:35 am »

You can fish anywhere, but there has to be enough space to cast the line without it catching on anything. Once it's in the water, you wait. It's entirely random when you catch a fish, if you catch one at all.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: August 20, 2011, 02:19:30 am »

Okay, thanks. Another question: is fishing bugged on multiplayer or something? Because I was fishing just fine in single player but on multiplayer I cast out, wait for 3 minutes (which is a pretty long time to stare at a bobbing pixelated fishing float/lure), and no fish. It just doens't ever stop bobbig.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: August 20, 2011, 04:17:09 am »

Okay, thanks. Another question: is fishing bugged on multiplayer or something? Because I was fishing just fine in single player but on multiplayer I cast out, wait for 3 minutes (which is a pretty long time to stare at a bobbing pixelated fishing float/lure), and no fish. It just doens't ever stop bobbig.

Could be lag. IME the timing for fishing is pretty tricky in SP, I imagine that even a little lag would make it almost impossible.
Or it could be bugged, IDK
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: August 20, 2011, 06:34:56 am »

Could be lag. IME the timing for fishing is pretty tricky in SP, I imagine that even a little lag would make it almost impossible.
Or it could be bugged, IDK
It's not bugged, I caught plenty of fish in SMP.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: August 20, 2011, 12:43:01 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW6GM6g3un0

Er... I think I've seen those graphics before.
[Signature]

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: August 20, 2011, 12:57:13 pm »

That makes me want to gather 100 bay12ers and storm a server and build a giant fortress.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: August 20, 2011, 12:58:40 pm »

That makes me want to gather 100 bay12ers and storm a server and build a giant fortress.
Hostile dwarven takeover. It's perfect.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: August 20, 2011, 02:49:42 pm »

I know I'm kind of late to the party on this, but I've been reading up on N@W and it looks pretty nifty. I had been worried about getting anything done on a large population PvP server, but their mechanics seem to make sense. Is there someone here who would be willing to post a referral app for me If I PM'd them its contents?

Is there a quasi-official B12 nation or should I just join whoever looks interesting?
... and then it explodes!

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: August 20, 2011, 03:03:33 pm »

http://www.justin.tv/realnotch#/w/1647823872/2

Notch is doing some 48h challenge or something, streaming himself making a game. Quite interesting.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: August 20, 2011, 03:15:10 pm »

I think the theme of the game is 'Escape', that's what he said earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 1380