Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419168 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11070 on: August 17, 2011, 09:35:51 am »

Notch is gonna challenge Bethesda in Quake 3 to end the lawsuit stuff once and for all. He's serious.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11071 on: August 17, 2011, 09:42:47 am »

Notch is gonna challenge Bethesda in Quake 3 to end the lawsuit stuff once and for all. He's serious.
What a childish and idiotic way to settle a serious potentialy bankrupting problem.

Sorry if I sould cynical, but seriously. That's stupid.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11072 on: August 17, 2011, 09:54:09 am »

What a childish and idiotic way to settle a serious potentialy bankrupting problem.

At least it shows a sense of humor on his part, and it would be fantastic if they accepted.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11073 on: August 17, 2011, 10:02:34 am »

At least it shows a sense of humor on his part, and it would be fantastic if they accepted.

I for one think that it is a good idea, and one that it would be wisest for Bethesda to accept. They lose nothing if they lose the game- nobody would actually expect confusion between "scrolls" and "elder scrolls", particularly since they are different formats; they would lose a trial.

Instead, they get a fantastic advertising opportunity. They get good press for being good sports, and the idea of settling a lawsuit with trial by combat will make sure that every geek even remotely into fantasy will hear about it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: August 17, 2011, 10:17:21 am »

And of course, someone would be absolutely required to stream it.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: August 17, 2011, 10:57:39 am »

Notch is amazing,he knows he can't win a court case against Bethesdas lawyer legions, so he challenges them to a publicity stunt that could help both, and makes bethesda look bad if they don't accept.
Blargh.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11076 on: August 17, 2011, 11:03:39 am »

That sounds like the silliest way to settle a lawsuit ever...

It's... Perfect!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: August 17, 2011, 11:05:52 am »

That's hilarious. I really hope Bethesda accepts. Or at least poses a similarly themed video game challenge of some sort. (They're both fantasy based companies, so Quake might not be the best game to challenge one another in)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: August 17, 2011, 12:22:43 pm »

Notch is amazing,he knows he can't win a court case against Bethesdas lawyer legions, so he challenges them to a publicity stunt that could help both, and makes bethesda look bad if they don't accept.
I wouldn't be so sure of the first one. But it would be awesome indeed.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: August 17, 2011, 12:33:31 pm »

The man just got married and he's facing a ridiculous, bullshit lawsuit with a videogame challenge.

Fuck yeah, I like this guy!

Ah, and sorry if everyone thinks the man can't have a life outside of Minecraft. Dude's got a new wife, and a life, and he's still dedicated to churning out the soon-to-be awesome update, no need for everyone to be up his ass. His life does not revolve around us or Minecraft, as much as he may love his game, the man's entitled to some personal time.

:)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11080 on: August 17, 2011, 02:06:52 pm »

Well, for one, it's extremely inaccurate, since minecraft only charges once, and second, at least for me, it makes me doubt the validity of anything ever expressed by whoever wrote it initially, and anyone who believes them.
Eh?
Eh!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11081 on: August 17, 2011, 02:11:27 pm »

IIIIIIN THIS CORNAAAAAAAAH, THE TEAM FROM MOJANG!

Seriously, that's awesome. Notch would win a lawsuit against Bethesda, as they have no legal ground, but seriously? Trial by combat in a video game? That is just SO AWESOME.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: August 17, 2011, 02:11:44 pm »

FFFFFFFFF-

They call it a "sim" too. DID THEY ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME OR JUST NOTICE THERE WERE SHEEP IN THERE?

Still, that's an awesome call on Notch's part. Nice to see he's handling this with flair.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11083 on: August 17, 2011, 02:22:37 pm »

IIIIIIN THIS CORNAAAAAAAAH, THE TEAM FROM MOJANG!

Seriously, that's awesome. Notch would win a lawsuit against Bethesda, as they have no legal ground, but seriously? Trial by combat in a video game? That is just SO AWESOME.
It doesn't always come down to who is actually right. Bethesda could drag the fight on so long that Notch/Mojang could lose all of the money they've made.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11084 on: August 17, 2011, 02:29:17 pm »

That's hilarious. I really hope Bethesda accepts. Or at least poses a similarly themed video game challenge of some sort. (They're both fantasy based companies, so Quake might not be the best game to challenge one another in)

On the contrary, Quake is 'neutral ground.'

Of course, for this to have any legal standing, the two parties would need to draw up a contract anyway. The results of the battle would have no legal weight on its own, the two parties would have to enter a contract to agree that the results of the battle settle the issue. Guess which side has the better lawyers to write up/interpret the contract?
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1380