Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419283 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11025 on: August 13, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »

So I have downloaded the wasteland mod, Fossil/archeology mod, fancypack, Id resolver and some interesting post-apocalyptic texturepacks.
problem is.. what am I going to do with this? My creativity seem to have diminished after piecing together all of this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: August 13, 2011, 09:58:08 pm »

I am sure I let all files copy and eject the flash drive properly.... O well it's gone now.

Well I downloaded a mod to try to subdue my disappointment, the yogbox mod, which stuffs a bunch of mods together, sadly though it caused massive lag, I turned off the AI town mod, which was suppose to be the big lag causer, but the game still lagged intensly while on the lowest settings as compared to the original version on the highest settings. I tried switching texture packs to the original and lowering the mo' mobs mob limit all the way down. I can't figure out why it's lagging so hard.

Still looking for good servers too. Will someone this poor depressed man?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: August 13, 2011, 10:08:27 pm »

mc.minershaven.net is a good server, its survival though.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: August 13, 2011, 10:14:59 pm »

There's also the three Bay12 servers (that I know of)
There's Aklyon's, linked in my sig, Planehacked, linked in PTTG's sig and Jaycraft, which is linked, rather unsurprisingly, in Jay's sig.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: August 13, 2011, 11:31:16 pm »

Well to simplify what I am looking for best, a server where the community is very interactive with each other.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: August 14, 2011, 12:20:51 am »

Planehacked project server has build-rules. We're building a Victorian city. Sadly, not many people on these days because of N@W

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: August 15, 2011, 05:12:19 pm »

Is it bad that I feel notch deserves Bethesda's wrath?
Afterall, whens the last time he actually gave a timely update with content?
He's on track to be as bad as datarealms.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: August 15, 2011, 05:16:05 pm »

He updated some junk back in the spring. He's working on a massive update. Not updating is not some cardinal sin to players and getting legal attention isn't going to make him update more.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11033 on: August 15, 2011, 05:17:40 pm »

Just because he doesn't work on your schedule doesn't mean he deserves to be copyright bullied. The sense of entitlement people seem to have about minecraft staggers me.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: August 15, 2011, 05:23:06 pm »

Just because he doesn't work on your schedule doesn't mean he deserves to be copyright bullied. The sense of entitlement people seem to have about minecraft staggers me.

Well, if you compare the progress from when it came out, plus the extra staff there is suppose to be. Yeah.

But to be fair he might be splitting his focus on other games, like the Ender Scrolls.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11035 on: August 15, 2011, 06:11:26 pm »

Well, if you compare the progress from when it came out, plus the extra staff there is suppose to be. Yeah.

But to be fair he might be splitting his focus on other games, like the Ender Scrolls.
Or he might be doing whatever the hell he wants because you already paid for the game and he doesn't care. He's allowed to do that.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11036 on: August 15, 2011, 06:37:05 pm »

Or maybe he is working on a lot of stuff that would break mods and so is holding back on releasing a new version till he has something done that needs to released right away. Or he might have less time to code as he deals with something like, oh I don't know, legal problems?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: August 15, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »

Or he might be doing whatever the hell he wants because you already paid for the game and he doesn't care. He's allowed to do that.
Yup.  There's nothing that says he has to add anything else to the game.  All the stuff you get is above and beyond what you paid for.  Like it or not.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: August 15, 2011, 06:44:38 pm »

Before Minecraft, I used to defend gamers all the time against accusations that they had outrageous senses of entitlement.

These days, I wouldn't be surprised if the Minecraft community DDoSed minecraft.net because Notch didn't send everyone hand-written birthday cards.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11039 on: August 15, 2011, 06:57:40 pm »

Actually we payed for the full game; we're still in beta. We're entitled to nothing more once we get to 1.0.
And he could take the current version and call it 1.0 and released and you couldn't do shit about it. But yeah, you're right. Griping doesn't help at all.
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1380