Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419225 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10875 on: August 04, 2011, 03:52:57 pm »

Does anyone else want them move dirt and sand around to make weird alien designs that only make sense when seen from high above?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: August 04, 2011, 03:59:30 pm »

Does anyone else want them move dirt and sand around to make weird alien designs that only make sense when seen from high above?
That'd go so, so perfectly with the Zeppelin mod.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: August 04, 2011, 05:03:25 pm »

Can't wait till zeppelin mod holds items: moving super-ship/house. And then if material strength based brakage will be implemented super drills with diamond blocks (first iron blocks) at the tip :)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: August 04, 2011, 05:09:16 pm »

My friend just made startling comparison to Endermen and Herobrine. I am starting to see it now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10879 on: August 04, 2011, 05:13:07 pm »

Can't wait till zeppelin mod holds items: moving super-ship/house. And then if material strength based brakage will be implemented super drills with diamond blocks (first iron blocks) at the tip :)
can't wait till zeppelin mod works like a zeppelin, with 'balloon' blocks that offset the carried blocks and powered props steered by an overly complicated steerage mechanism.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: August 05, 2011, 08:37:18 am »

Well congrats on selling 3 million copies of minecraft, Notchy.
Hurrah!

On a different note,
I have run into another problem with the Zeppelin mod. Every time I download and install the mod and open the game, I get the very first verison. It does not matter which verison I choose, its always the first verison. Whats happening, and how can I fix it?
Can someone please help me?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: August 05, 2011, 12:13:05 pm »

I have run into another problem with the Zeppelin mod. Every time I download and install the mod and open the game, I get the very first verison. It does not matter which verison I choose, its always the first verison. Whats happening, and how can I fix it?

If you've only got one version of it in your mod folder, maybe it's a save file thing? Try it with a new world?

Or, maybe just start from scratch again with a clean download of minecraft.

I personally don't use it, so I can't tell you for sure.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: August 05, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »

I installed it, then I created a world, so that does not work. I know it does not.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: August 05, 2011, 12:51:00 pm »

While dropping pictures for people and grabbing features rom the speculation can turn out well there is a bit of a downside to it. The fans are gonna suggest the lamest ideas which get incredibly popular. No matter what he adds fans will bash him for not adding the feature they wanted. I know that if everything was left to Notch a ton of bugs and features would make the game a pain to continue playing, but at the same time other features would be more unique and cool. The Nether would still be the Slip, Diamonds would not be diamonds and less time would be wasted with boats.
I've decided to completely ignore the Minecraft community. I suspect the official forums is 90% 12 and under, age-wise.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: August 05, 2011, 01:35:06 pm »

I installed it, then I created a world, so that does not work. I know it does not.
what else is installed?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: August 05, 2011, 01:40:31 pm »

While dropping pictures for people and grabbing features rom the speculation can turn out well there is a bit of a downside to it. The fans are gonna suggest the lamest ideas which get incredibly popular. No matter what he adds fans will bash him for not adding the feature they wanted. I know that if everything was left to Notch a ton of bugs and features would make the game a pain to continue playing, but at the same time other features would be more unique and cool. The Nether would still be the Slip, Diamonds would not be diamonds and less time would be wasted with boats.
I've decided to completely ignore the Minecraft community. I suspect the official forums is 90% 12 and under, age-wise.
If Notch wants good ideas and an awesome community then he should just come here :/
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: August 05, 2011, 01:41:15 pm »

If Notch wants good ideas and an awesome community then he should just come here :/
*looks for karma button*
 :D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #10888 on: August 05, 2011, 01:59:10 pm »

From Notchblog:

Bethesda are suing us, here’s the full story!

A lot of people want more details about what is going on, so here is everything I know:

First of all, I love Bethesda. I assume this nonsense is partly just their lawyers being lawyers, and a result of trademark law being the way it is.

About half a year ago, our lawyers recommended us to register “Minecraft” as a trademark, so we did. I had voted against it initially, but we did it anyway. Better safe than sorry, and all that. At the same time, we also applied for “Scrolls”, the new game we’re working on. We knew of no similarly named games, and we had even googled it to make sure. I’m not even sure if you CAN trademark individual words, like “Scrolls”, but we sent in the application anyway.

(Disclosure: We’ve enforced the trademark for Minecraft once, when there was a minecraft clone on iOS, using our name. People were emailing me saying our iOS version was buggy and bad, so we asked them to change the name of their game, and they did.)

A while later, out of the blue, we got contacted by Bethesda’s lawyers. They wanted to know more about the “Scrolls” trademark we were applying for, and claimed it conflicted with their existing trademark “The Elder Scrolls”. I agree that the word “Scrolls” is part of that trademark, but as a gamer, I have never ever considered that series of (very good) role playing games to be about scrolls in any way, nor was that ever the focal point of neither their marketing nor the public image.
The implication that you could own the right to all individual words within a trademark is also a bit scary. We looked things up and realized they didn’t have much of a case, but we still took it seriously. Nothing about Scrolls is meant to in any way derive from or allude to their games. We suggested a compromise where we’d agree to never put any words in front of “Scrolls”, and instead call sequels and other things something along the lines of “Scrolls - The Banana Expansion”. I’m not sure if they ever got back to us with a reply to this.

Today, I got a 15 page letter from some Swedish lawyer firm, saying they demand us to stop using the name Scrolls, that they will sue us (and have already paid the fee to the Swedish court), and that they demand a pile of money up front before the legal process has even started.

I assume this is all some more or less automated response to us applying for the trademark. I sincerely hope Bethesda isn’t pulling a Tim Langdell.

posted 1 hour ago

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: August 05, 2011, 02:05:06 pm »

how does that even make sense?
 ???
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1380