Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419759 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10695 on: July 24, 2011, 02:32:34 pm »

That war server sounds like a whole lot of fun, and if there's a Bay12 nation everything is set for dwarfy fun! I've gotta check thier site to read more and see if they accept more people anytime soon.

Oh, and yeah, the regennerating house linked earlier was nice, but then the guy made this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p2Gga6dIWY

Put the redstone and trigger inside the walls with a centeral keep and you have instant castle walls that have the added bonus of self-repair.

"INVADERS! LOCK DOWN THE CASTLE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PICK, OR SHOVEL!!!!!"  :P

Evrywhere blast doors are closing and guard posts/traps are readying as everyone scurries to thier posts to avoid getting locked out, burned, shot, stabbed, drowned, crushed, blown up or RDSed (Rapid Decelleration Syndromed) by the defence systems. Dispenser batteries! Mob launchers! Scatterbombs! Lava curtains! Corridor floods! The Skelle-dungeon to Courtyard minecart express (You can pick up mobs in carts, right? Sounds like they would make good turrets.)

I wonder if they have any interesting mods on that... Telsaing and nuking from IC, as well as HV used for triggerable deadly floor stripes... Buildcraft automaticly resupplying dispensers with arrows from the mob farm... Oh wait, this is a server that bans automated mob farming, or even low-risk. Well, We are just gonna have to make it even more insanely deadly, make a back door through the dungeon, and call it a "Loot-recovering PC trap" that feeds into the main sorter that just happens to massively stockpile products of the mobs.

EDIT: Hmm... Looks like very little for engineers to do. "Redstone is for doors" and all that. "No non-melee drops" (I think player-launched arrows also work)... No high-tech mods is understandable, but why not let us use the tools we've got? As it is, you could "Get hit by lightning" for accidently leaving an overhang to close to a decorative cactus! Grows too high->block drops -> somone picks it up -> it is an honorary "mob farm"... I understand not wanting it be "first to build a spawn tower wins", but still, it looks like even a stock minecraft door is against the rules (allows one-way melee). Im sure they wouldn't take the silliness that far, but where do external fortifications and defences end and nighttime farms begin? Any particularly ingenious trap or dark labyrenth could be squeltched by an admin with the words "mob-farm!".
I would rather just have it so redstone and such is concidered precious and therefore "pillagable" in war...

Looks like, even if I COULD get in, I'd have to <gulp> trust the admins. 8)

EDIT 2: Oooooh, they let current members refer still...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:49:46 pm by Matz05 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: July 24, 2011, 03:18:33 pm »

just reading the mod's page, it seems as if the creator wanted to make is own version of Minecraft. It's not a place you go in and out of, it's one you go "Oh, I'm sick of normal Minecraft, I want to adventure!" and you go raid a dungeon, hunt a Moa and in general start all over again.
And Im cool with that, I just dislike the execution.

What do you mean, 'no damn reason'? The very purpose of the mod is adding the Aether dimension, so adding new items and materials seems like a very reasonable idea.  None of the tools are the same as the vanilla tools either, not sure where you got that from.
As for the torches, this was probably done to gently force the player to go around digging again in the new world, instead of relying on resources brought from the world below.

This mod resembles an expansion pack sorta like the ones you get for RPG games.  New items, new characters and new story all contained in the same new location.

Again, I see the point, but a lot of stuff is different just for the sake of being different yet not different at all. While the ideal of going up there without bringing a hoard of riches to immideately dominate is fine it contrasts with my playstyle, which is building crazy things. Attempts to isolate ones self away from vanilla materials rubs me the wrong way.

A shame N@W started when I was away, hopefully when I get back there will be some old buddies to take me in.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10697 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »

Duke, I know my nation would be glad to have you.

In other news, Notch adds Slender Men to Minecraft:

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: July 26, 2011, 01:08:30 pm »

Ooh, creepy. Seems like they move blocks around at night, or something similar.

I wonder how the water got that way near the mushroom...

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: July 26, 2011, 01:14:10 pm »

So Notch has officially made the worlds scariest horror game.
Blargh.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: July 26, 2011, 01:18:52 pm »

That shit will scare the hell out of me. :(

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: July 26, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »

Yet another reason I'll never go outside during the night.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: July 26, 2011, 01:23:23 pm »

I would be MUCH less afraid if it wasn't slenderman, but Splendorman!  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: July 26, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

Oh fuck yes, new baddies look amazing~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: July 26, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »

And it seems like PvP will be upgraded from "Whoever has the highest ping and can vomit the most arrows" to just "Whoever has the highest ping"
*Hugs*

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: July 26, 2011, 02:41:10 pm »

And it seems like PvP will be upgraded from "Whoever has the highest ping and can vomit the most arrows" to just "Whoever has the highest ping"
I think you mean lowest ping.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: July 26, 2011, 02:44:39 pm »

Quiet you!
*Hugs*

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #10707 on: July 26, 2011, 02:46:21 pm »

In some games it is the highest ping winning though, lag/latency cheatz and stuff.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: July 26, 2011, 02:47:26 pm »

In some games it is the highest ping winning though, lag/latency cheatz and stuff.
Oh I hate those... one moment you head shot someone, the next they head shot you after they are dead.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: July 26, 2011, 02:59:48 pm »

They turn invisible~
All you see is the glowing of their eyes~~
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1380