Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420031 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10605 on: July 10, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »

For anyone who cares, Nations at War: Open Beta has been launched.

I'm pretty out of touch with the stuff but I'm designing a grand entrance nevertheless. I'll post it here when I'm done along with a recommendation for the Hollows.

That said, you still have to apply to get whitelisted.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: July 16, 2011, 10:53:39 am »

For those interested, IndustrialCraft has recently been updated.  It is now compatible with the 1.7.3 version of Minecraft and features Teleporters.
It seems to play nicely with BuildCraft, so you can fully automate your factories to transport, macerate, smelt, sort, craft and deliver your items automatically.  Buildcraft also lets you create blueprints from structures, which can then be rebuilt by builders somewhere else using the materials you feed into them.
The only downside is that, by the time you collected the crap you need to build all this, you're up to your ears in diamonds already. But still, pipes!

A lot of other popular mods have been piling up the features such as the Finite Water mod, which now adds oil and quicksand. Mo'Creatures has... more creatures! And Risugami made this nice armor stand thingy to display your armor on.

Anyways, you can find these mods and more on the Minecraft Forums.
Just make sure you don't read down past the first 5 posts in a thread, unless you have a padded desk/forehead.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:26:50 am by Rhodan »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10607 on: July 18, 2011, 10:04:53 am »

I HEYYYYOOOO hate HEYYYYOOOOO the HEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO guy HEYO who HEY makes OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO industrialHEYYYYYOOOOcraft. Can HEYYYOOO you HEEEYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOO guess HEEEEYYYYOOOO why?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: July 18, 2011, 10:38:42 am »

I HEYYYYOOOO hate HEYYYYOOOOO the HEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO guy HEYO who HEY makes OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO industrialHEYYYYYOOOOcraft. Can HEYYYOOO you HEEEYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOO guess HEEEEYYYYOOOO why?

I'm guessing your post actually makes sense if you've played IndustrialCraft..? :o

All you have to do is read through part of the OP in the industrialcraft thread. It's really obnoxious. And from what I hear, the guy is generally kind of a prick. But the mod is good.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: July 18, 2011, 10:52:23 am »

I would like to apply for nations at war, anything useful to know If I get in?  :D
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:44 am »

So I stuck in both modloaders like the instructions said (all the class files out of the .zip, should I have decompressed first?), none of the folders themselves in there.
After that, I deleted the METAINF file and then stuck the buildcraft .zip into the mod files. I tried to make some of the stuff from buildcraft, and nothing worked. Any ideas as to whats wrong here?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: July 18, 2011, 11:45:30 am »

Extract from the zip before you move the class files over to the jar.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: July 18, 2011, 11:48:51 am »

....Fuck. Now I have to dump my whole file and start over, AGAIN. I guess I should probably start backing stuff up...whatever. A lesson learned, right?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10613 on: July 18, 2011, 01:06:34 pm »

I would like to apply for nations at war, anything useful to know If I get in?  :D

Applications are closed. And you likely wouldn't get approved anyway.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: July 18, 2011, 01:10:31 pm »

....Fuck. Now I have to dump my whole file and start over, AGAIN. I guess I should probably start backing stuff up...whatever. A lesson learned, right?
So, it's still not working, should I unpack the buildcraft stuff into the mods file, or is it supposed to be in a .zip?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10615 on: July 18, 2011, 05:48:26 pm »

If its failing and you don't know whats going wrong try to find out whats going wrong. Start clean and add modloader then start your game. Does it work? If not start there, if it does then add modloadermp. Start the game and check if it still works. If it does not work check that part, if does work then add the core buildcraft and check whether that works and repeat for all the other parts you may want.

If it fails on modloader double check that you did in fact delete METAINF.  Also for any part that fails, go and get a new download of it, its not impossible that something went wrong and something corrupted the one you currently have. Finally this may seem to be a stupid question but does Minecraft work for you when its just vanilla?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:05:16 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: July 18, 2011, 06:36:30 pm »

Vanilla works just fine, and I meant the mods weren't showing up, not the actual nothings working at all problem common with the metaINF. All I added was the core.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »

Applications are closed. And you likely wouldn't get approved anyway.

Dargon, what the hell did I ever do to you? I know apps are closed ( I read the forum shortly after posting me orginal message). serisouly, what the hell have I done to you?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: July 18, 2011, 06:49:39 pm »

Nothing. That's the point.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10619 on: July 18, 2011, 07:01:18 pm »

Then thats even easier to fix. Its actually in the common questions and resolutions on the Buildcraft thread so to quote from there:
Core doesn't provide anything in itself. You need to install Core + Transport for pipes, and Core + Factory for mining devices and automatic crafting bench.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1380